Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House for sale!!!!

House for sale!!!!

Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:05 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default House for sale!!!!

Well the estate agent has just left and my house is now on the market. So by 3pm this afternoon I fully expect there to be an orderly queue outside my front door of people desperate to buy it........ ..........hey I can dream can't I??
We were also told we can decide our completion date, saving us from renting anywhere before we go. So as soon as the buyers have signed the contract (assuming we actually get a buyer!!!!) we'll book the flights and we can arrange the completion date to be a few days before.

Petra
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

kevt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House for sale!!!!

Originally posted by artep
Well the estate agent has just left and my house is now on the market. So by 3pm this afternoon I fully expect there to be an orderly queue outside my front door of people desperate to buy it........ ..........hey I can dream can't I??
We were also told we can decide our completion date, saving us from renting anywhere before we go. So as soon as the buyers have signed the contract (assuming we actually get a buyer!!!!) we'll book the flights and we can arrange the completion date to be a few days before.

Petra

Good luck,

will deciding a completion date (i am assuming that this will be some time off yet), limit the number of potential buyers?
I didn't know you could do that, i will have to look into it when i am ready to sell.

Kevin
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Petra
What estate agents have you gone with?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:28 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kevt
Good luck,

will deciding a completion date (i am assuming that this will be some time off yet), limit the number of potential buyers?
I didn't know you could do that, i will have to look into it when i am ready to sell.

Kevin

Our completion date has to be no sooner than the end of April as we have a wedding to go to (daughter is bridesmaid). Whether it will limit the number of potential buyers remains to be seen. But if we can decide our own completion date its going to save us loads of hassle and most importantly MONEY!!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:29 am
....is FAB

Originally posted by S Oldfield
What estate agents have you gone with?
Jeffries
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:31 am
....is FAB

Jeffries

This will be the third house we have sold through them and I've always been happy with what they've done.....plus the boss is a mate
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Good luck Artep...got fingers crossed for you
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:42 am
....is FAB

Originally posted by podgypossum
Good luck Artep...got fingers crossed for you

Thanks podgy!! Only thing I'm not looking forward to is trying to keep the damn place tidy!! With 3 kids who seem to have an amazing ability to trash a house within 5 seconds of coming home from school.......its not gonna be easy!!
Methinks some bribery is called for
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:09 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks podgy!! Only thing I'm not looking forward to is trying to keep the damn place tidy!! With 3 kids who seem to have an amazing ability to trash a house within 5 seconds of coming home from school.......its not gonna be easy!!

know the feeling!!
- tie em to the ice cream van when it comes round...that should keep em quiet!!
good luck petra, hope you get a buyer VERY soon!!!!

sue
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jeffries
Chinnock and Shaw, sposed to be very good
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

rich and debbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Petra! We were really jammy and are in the process of selling ours privatly. (friends nephew) and he is happy for us to decide the completion date, I think he will be quite happy to move back in with mummy for a while!!
Hope to see you on the 7th
debbie
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we just sold ours. i know what you mean about the kids. we have 3 small ones too. thankfully it sold in just over 2 weeks, 7 viewings .
poor children keep asking where toys are, only to be told they are in the attic! we cleared loads of them , to make the place as spacious as possible. still it did the trick.
good luck.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Where abouts are ya?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:59 pm
....is FAB

Anchorage Park
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Petra
Good luck with the house sale, ours went up last week had our first viewing today and another on thursday
fingers crossed for everyone selling up
lucy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.