Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Raffles???

House Raffles???

Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future
Default House Raffles???

Anyone every heard of this, someone suggested it to Mark, I think it is a bit dodgy, had a wee search on the internet and the only info I have found it pretty much that it is illegal in the UK, if it was that easy wouldnt everyone be doing it?

Gillian
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: House Raffles???

Still no buyers Gillian? Our tenants moved in on Friday and we are with the MIL, its working out ok so far. Ask me whats it's like in another 4 weeks Would you not think of renting out your house and just going?

Lynn xx
Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

nicnpaul has a spectacular aura aboutnicnpaul has a spectacular aura aboutnicnpaul has a spectacular aura about

hiya gillian,

are you sure house raffles are illegal in uk? its just that i read an article recently in the daily mail online about a guy who was doing one, i had never heard of them before this but it was definitely in the uk!!!

nic x
Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markandgill
Anyone every heard of this, someone suggested it to Mark, I think it is a bit dodgy, had a wee search on the internet and the only info I have found it pretty much that it is illegal in the UK, if it was that easy wouldnt everyone be doing it?

Gillian
Hi Gill,
Not illegal I don't think but I think you have to register with gaming commision. From what I've read it's not a great success (depending on how much you want for your property) as opposed to how much you sell tickets for... Then theres extra costs for advertising, solicitors, gaming commission etc etc.
Not (if any) people have appeared to have sold all tickets. You would have a clause that stated 'so many tickets would have to be sold' and if not reached the target the draw would still take place and the winner would get the total of tickets sold. This happened somewhere in the UK where a young lady won about £90k I think! Not the house but a good prize anyway!
I have often thought about this but realistically I would want to sell tickets for £1 each (so approx 275,000 to sell to account for extra costs)
This day and age with internet I guess it is physically possible I think its the problem of getting people to buy tickets!!
Dtp