Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

house prices falling

house prices falling

Old May 16th 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough
Unhappy house prices falling

has anyone been watching tonight programme on itv?

seems that house prices are falling at least in london so will have knock on effect elsewhere - guess thats not what people want to hear.

apologies for the depressing post!

all the best to those trying to sell
Old May 16th 2003, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Six months too late. Low exchange rate and low house prices.

BooBoo
Old May 16th 2003, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: house prices falling

Originally posted by rizalan

seems that house prices are falling at least in london so will have knock on effect elsewhere - guess thats not what people want to hear.

Yeah, saw it hmmm,
Old May 16th 2003, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

penzer is an unknown quantity at this point

checked sky news active and it said house prices slowing down.......this is a big difference to price falling.
one day the news is for house buyers the next its for sellers, who can really say whats happening?
Old May 16th 2003, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Didn't manage to see the programme as I was working.
I suppose this is going to apply to houses north of the country as well.
It seems like my husband had a good idea about selling up and living in a caravan on my parents drive.
Don't think they will be impressed with that idea though!!

Diane

Originally posted by rizalan

Old May 17th 2003, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

mikeburt is an unknown quantity at this point

marvellous!house prices in London start to fall so everyone assumes it will happen everywhere.If a 3 bed semi in battersea was going for £750,000 then I'm not surprised they are falling.
The other side of the coin is that they are rising up North and stabalising elsewhere-mind you,if like us you are not selling until you know that OZ is right for your family then its not a problem at present-how long before prices start to fall in OZ-18 months,that'll suit me !!!!!
Old May 17th 2003, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by penzer
checked sky news active and it said house prices slowing down.......this is a big difference to price falling.
one day the news is for house buyers the next its for sellers, who can really say whats happening?
Depends who tell's the tale, nobody will admit it but the s##t is going to hit the fan ...
Old May 17th 2003, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Hi

Didn't manage to see the programme as I was working.
I suppose this is going to apply to houses north of the country as well.
It seems like my husband had a good idea about selling up and living in a caravan on my parents drive.
Don't think they will be impressed with that idea though!!

Diane
Live in the caravan,

Our estate agent said, they wouldn't be surprised if we could buy our house back for a 75k £ less in 18 months
Old May 17th 2003, 8:38 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Trevor McDonald

Do you all remember his show when he said everyone was selling their property, releasing the equity, moving into rented & waiting for the crash.
Well one of the chaps that sold his flat, HAD to because his flatmate had to sell to BUY a new house with his new wife.
THE STOOGE on Telly also bought a flat just yards from his old joint owned property. The only reason he was on the show was that he knew a research assistant on the program, who paid him a couple of hundred quid. Asked iif he felt guilty for panicking people, not at all as he said money was involved & would be enough to buy a carpet for the lounge.
The proffessor on the same show also compromised his theory by staying in his house. Doom mongers & stooges all of them.
Tricky Trev is pushed into these, do not be fooled by his graciousness.
Old May 17th 2003, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with Scoobs on this one. Spoke to the parents back in old blighty who have been thinking of selling up, they say the market has cooled & the value of their house dropped by about 25k. This isn't in London or the s.east, but in Staffordshire, in the Midlands.

When Al-Qaeda & the ragheads have a pop at London or pretty much any British interests for that matter, I think its a dead cert that confidence in the City & housing markets will drop like a stone, along with house prices. Call me a doomsayer if you like, but even the top brass in Whitehall have said it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when'.

Russ.

Last edited by BritboyNZ; May 17th 2003 at 9:01 am.
Old May 17th 2003, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Trevor McDonald

Originally posted by DavidT
Do you all remember his show when he said everyone was selling their property, releasing the equity, moving into rented & waiting for the crash.
Well one of the chaps that sold his flat, HAD to because his flatmate had to sell to BUY a new house with his new wife.
THE STOOGE on Telly also bought a flat just yards from his old joint owned property. The only reason he was on the show was that he knew a research assistant on the program, who paid him a couple of hundred quid. Asked iif he felt guilty for panicking people, not at all as he said money was involved & would be enough to buy a carpet for the lounge.
The proffessor on the same show also compromised his theory by staying in his house. Doom mongers & stooges all of them.
Tricky Trev is pushed into these, do not be fooled by his graciousness.
Hi David,

Very true is the above, we are pleased that we have sold however,

Who knows bit of a gamble really,
Old May 17th 2003, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

Britboy you live in Auclkland and I live in Surrey my family live in London. It's nothing to do with these so called terror groups. So average Londoner cannot afford a flat or house on their salary and also the cost of living. The house prices were will live have not fallen maybe slowed down but we live in a good school catchment area and come June, July people by like crazy. People are leaving London for a slightly better quality of life. Remember what someone considers desirable is not always what someone thinks is. Our house going on the market in 14 days.

Samantha
Old May 17th 2003, 11:56 am
Muad'Dib

Spread betting on house prices:

City Index