Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Prices Brisbane Bayside

House Prices Brisbane Bayside

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

p l d k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House Prices Brisbane Bayside

House prices here in brissy on the up again, anything from 350K to 450K AUD going instantly multiple offers. There is a house across the road from me went on the market and received many offers, came off the market and within two weeks came back on the market with a new real estate agent and 65K price increase.

I fear that Brissie especially the bayside suburbs are starting to rocket again.

Real estate agents we have talked to (I am well aware that they speak with forked tongues and obviously have a vested interest) think 20% price increase to December 2007 alone.

I must admit that I am definitely seeing these increases, also where I am the True Blue Dinky Di Aussies are moving to the cheaper areas, whilst poms and Ozzies from NSW and Melbourne are taking over
Old Aug 4th 2007, 2:12 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default Re: House Prices Brisbane Bayside

Bought our house in Capalaba (the supposed nice part :-)) nearly 2 years ago for 335 and had it valued twice and the figures came in at 450 and 460, couldnt beleive it.
Not selling tho , was just interested because every other day we have someone phoning or calling round or sending letters it just gets annoying.
All we have done is give it a lick of paint , spot lights and fans (being a sparky helps) and re done the en suite.
Darren----Pennine Electrical
Old Aug 4th 2007, 2:43 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leannefr
Bought our house in Capalaba (the supposed nice part :-)) nearly 2 years ago for 335 and had it valued twice and the figures came in at 450 and 460, couldnt beleive it.
Not selling tho , was just interested because every other day we have someone phoning or calling round or sending letters it just gets annoying.
All we have done is give it a lick of paint , spot lights and fans (being a sparky helps) and re done the en suite.
Darren----Pennine Electrical
You just got everyone who wants a fan installed in bayside for a couple of beers as a friend
Old Aug 4th 2007, 2:44 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is much of the northern parts are built out pretty much and there's only so much housing. Expansion in Viccy Point and Redland Bay and other areas but the suburbs around Cleveland (wello pt, ormiston, capalaba, birkdale etc) which have access to the main line into the CBD are indeed going up heaps.

Its a desirable place to be. Close to water, commutable to the CBD, cooler in the summer and lets remember that we're on level 2 restrictions and not level 5 like down the road in Brisbane city council territory. Host of other reasons but we have a good infrastructure and the idea of living in massive new developments of legoland more inland doesnt appeal to many.

I think you're right that there will be another steep rise in housing prices here. Bottom line is, supply and demand. There's heaps of demand and not much supply = higher prices.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Demand from cashed up pommes who arent afraid of paying.

2nd generation rich, ie inherentence and new money from people making on real estate has pushed up prices.

The Uk and Australian economy are in synergy without a doubt.

I rented a 3 bed unit in cleveland 2005 @ $300 a week, its now $380.

What I have seen now is greed from estate agents, banks, and generally the public as lending power has increased.

Everyone is going property mad, I mean look at bunnings and B & Q, they now have mega warehouses, as its becoming a sport and a common past time to spend time painting, and doing up your house.