Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House market on the up!

House market on the up!

Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up House market on the up!

Just a personal observation, we put house on the market a few weeks ago, agents are crap so we've given them endless boots up backside! Now we're on rightmove, in the window of agents and we are having about 2 viewings a day! Is it because we've kicked butt at the agents or is the house market really getting better? would be reassuring to know that things are really on the up!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: House market on the up!

Hi I hope your observations are right ours goes on the market this week, then the nail biting starts!!

Chris
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:42 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Just a personal observation, we put house on the market a few weeks ago, agents are crap so we've given them endless boots up backside! Now we're on rightmove, in the window of agents and we are having about 2 viewings a day! Is it because we've kicked butt at the agents or is the house market really getting better? would be reassuring to know that things are really on the up!
Great, all I've got to do is get a visa, get the house in a decent condition(not easy as we have 3yr old and 1yr old boys who are both vandals) and put it on the market.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:49 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by glittababe
Hiya

I think you may find that the appropriate kick up the a*** is having the desired effect. Agents hate the thought of losing their (sometimes unearned) commission.

In our area. there are certainly more houses for sale than 6 months ago but they say that Jan/Feb are the "good months" for people wanting to complete before the summer holidays and the new schools year in September.

Since we have been back on the market (2 weeks) we have had 8 viewings and an offer yesterday (which we accepted, for what that is worth in the UK housing market!!) so we have no gripes at the moment. We could have personally killed our previous "buyer" though - but that is for another time!!

I guess, though, that it is different in different parts of the country - some are still catching up with the increases London and the South East had a year back.

For £40 you can even do it yourself on (I think) privatehousesforsale.co.uk - that really p****s off the agents!!

Whatever, good luck.

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 26th 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Talking Re: House market on the up!

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hiya

I think you may find that the appropriate kick up the a*** is having the desired effect. Agents hate the thought of losing their (sometimes unearned) commission.

In our area. there are certainly more houses for sale than 6 months ago but they say that Jan/Feb are the "good months" for people wanting to complete before the summer holidays and the new schools year in September.

Since we have been back on the market (2 weeks) we have had 8 viewings and an offer yesterday (which we accepted, for what that is worth in the UK housing market!!) so we have no gripes at the moment. We could have personally killed our previous "buyer" though - but that is for another time!!

I guess, though, that it is different in different parts of the country - some are still catching up with the increases London and the South East had a year back.

For £40 you can even do it yourself on (I think) privatehousesforsale.co.uk - that really p****s off the agents!!

Whatever, good luck.

Regards

Jim
Hi all,

The housing market is on the up in the Glasgow suburbs. 21 viewers since Wednesday and 5 more for tomorrow ... can't keep up but certainly not complaining! They're arriving at half hour intervals! A few offers but as its 'offers over' the asking price in Scotland we will go to a closing date next week. Very hard if you are buying though.

Hope everyone else gets lucky.

Good luck
Old Feb 26th 2005, 7:26 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by flumper
Hi all,

The housing market is on the up in the Glasgow suburbs. 21 viewers since Wednesday and 5 more for tomorrow ... can't keep up but certainly not complaining! They're arriving at half hour intervals! A few offers but as its 'offers over' the asking price in Scotland we will go to a closing date next week. Very hard if you are buying though.

Good luck
Streuth - 26 viewers !! As I said though, perhaps you are playing catch up on the southern prices - it was a bit like that round the South East this time last year - they were outbidding each other.

Many of us "down here" can but wish that your Scottish system operated in the rest of the UK - would certainly cut out the c**p.

As you say, though, it is hard on the buyer although most of us on this site are purely sellers of course.

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 26th 2005, 7:43 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

The housing market is on the up in the Glasgow suburbs. 21 viewers since Wednesday and 5 more for tomorrow ...
Quick! put your price up you're obviously far too cheap!!

Good Luck, hope you get a buyer and a good price soon!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Streuth - 26 viewers !! As I said though, perhaps you are playing catch up on the southern prices - it was a bit like that round the South East this time last year - they were outbidding each other.

Many of us "down here" can but wish that your Scottish system operated in the rest of the UK - would certainly cut out the c**p.

As you say, though, it is hard on the buyer although most of us on this site are purely sellers of course.

Regards

Jim
I found that when I called the estate agents and told them I had advertised it myself on houseladder.com plus some of the local free ads they 'suddenly' had lots of viewings for me. Strange eh???? I think you're right about the time of the year etc You certainly feel more 'positive' when its approaching spring, the weather gets better and you fancy a 'change'. If and when it sells we then have to find somewhere to rent for a bit until the visas all sorted! Oh joy! Right off to bed as on earlies!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Reading Berks. Now Palm Beach (summer bay), Sydney NSW
Ady Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really nice

Hi all,
The housing market around here is definitely booming, no sooner are properties going onto the market they are sold. We had several agents around just before Christmas and went against better judgement and put it on the market with the one that valued the house the highest. We sold within 3 days and exchanged contracts on Thursday last week.
We are now moving into rented accomidation, in anticipation of our visa coming through in the next few months!
After much stress and worry the house would'nt sell, then the sale would fall through it is a relief to have that over and done with. So chill out all, good luck in your own sales and lets hope we all get that little yellow envelope soon!!!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ady Whit
Hi all,
The housing market around here is definitely booming, no sooner are properties going onto the market they are sold. We had several agents around just before Christmas and went against better judgement and put it on the market with the one that valued the house the highest. We sold within 3 days and exchanged contracts on Thursday last week.
We are now moving into rented accomidation, in anticipation of our visa coming through in the next few months!
After much stress and worry the house would'nt sell, then the sale would fall through it is a relief to have that over and done with. So chill out all, good luck in your own sales and lets hope we all get that little yellow envelope soon!!!
were you concerned about unsettling the kids? My kids seem to adapt and cope superbly, but after much tooing and froing from oz I'm concerned about the prospect of going into rented accommodation, but there again I have no choice! Your's seems to have gone pretty smoothly! well done!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 8:25 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Good luck
where in glasgow are ya?
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:59 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ady Whit
Hi all,
Hi Ady,
Sounds great to me. We have been on the market since June. Hopefully viewers will start flooding through the door.
Sarah
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:33 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Kent and am self employed and do a lot of secretarial work for local surveyors.

Since about October it's been dead, they've had next to no home surveys for potential buyers, but in the last couple of weeks it's really picked up, so I think it's safe to say the market IS on the up - at last!!

Hope it stays that way for the foreseeable future - we wont be on the market til end of summer at the earliest (all being well with TRA)....
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Hello all,

We are in East Manchester and at the mo there still dos,nt seem to be much movement even he estate agent was,nt sure what was happening with the market in our area.

Anyone else In Manchester got any comments?

dave
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi, i really hope your right annie and the houseing market is on the up, ours goes on the market this week to,so ive finally joined the club,lol.

good luck everyone.

tracey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.