Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House on the market

House on the market

Old May 31st 2003, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House on the market

Had a estate agent come round on Thusday to give us a valuation. He wants to put it on his booksstraight away. Great, we have'nt even painted the kitchen or finished the tiling. Then we got a phone call 30 minutes later saying that he already had someone who wants to come round today to look. We said why not. They arrived 15 minutes early and the first things she said was "I love this house" and we had only been in the hall and front room. They stayed for 30 minutes and told us they were cash buyers and have sold their house and have been looking for close to 3 months and they had seen rubbish for sale and they wanted to bring there folks to see it tomorrow. Could'nt do tomorrow, taking kids to the beach. They left at 12.45 and we left the house around 13.00 got back and checked messages and the estate agent left a message at 13.03 stating can they wanted to return on Monday at 9.30. So of course we said yes. Fingers crossed they want it.
Old May 31st 2003, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House on the market

Originally posted by stooly
Had a estate agent come round on Thusday to give us a valuation. He wants to put it on his booksstraight away. Great, we have'nt even painted the kitchen or finished the tiling. Then we got a phone call 30 minutes later saying that he already had someone who wants to come round today to look. We said why not. They arrived 15 minutes early and the first things she said was "I love this house" and we had only been in the hall and front room. They stayed for 30 minutes and told us they were cash buyers and have sold their house and have been looking for close to 3 months and they had seen rubbish for sale and they wanted to bring there folks to see it tomorrow. Could'nt do tomorrow, taking kids to the beach. They left at 12.45 and we left the house around 13.00 got back and checked messages and the estate agent left a message at 13.03 stating can they wanted to return on Monday at 9.30. So of course we said yes. Fingers crossed they want it.
Now that sounds positive, good luck to you
Old May 31st 2003, 10:30 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

wow......fantastic news....i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!!!!!

hope we have the same luck at the begining of next year!!!!

Love Lisa
X X X
Old May 31st 2003, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Poptastic!
Keep fingers crossed for you. Your off to melb aren,t you.

Cheers
booboo
Old May 31st 2003, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

No, NZ bound probably The bay of plenty(Tauranga). Husband has been offered 2 jobs in NZ(graphic designer) both in Auckland so were not sure what to do it's a 2 hour journey and he does that already to get to work in London and he most certainly will not want to do that. So we will accept one of the offers then stay in Auckland until we find a suitable school and house in the bay. We may start our own business. We'll wait and see there is no rush. Where are you headed for?
Old May 31st 2003, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Go Stooly go.......

Old Jun 1st 2003, 6:09 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Good luck hope it works out for you
Old Jun 1st 2003, 6:32 am
can`t believe we made it!

hanley is an unknown quantity at this point

great thats what you want someone who is really interested in buying a house.That sounds like really good news fingers crossed.
We`ve been on the market 2 weeks and had 2 complete timewasters who enjoy looking at houses for a hobbie!!!
Never mind we will keep trying and hope your good news rubs off on us.
kerrie

Timaru we are on the way!
Old Jun 1st 2003, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

icklepickle is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you go about getting the job offers?

Regards
Old Jun 1st 2003, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

My husband was'nt keen on me e-mailing every advertising, design ,print or marketing company I could find on www.yellowpages.co.nz that had a website but I did any how and out of 30 sent got replies from 12. 6 said than you very much but no thank you, 4 come and us when you get here were interested and 2 said yes. Luckily my husband designed his own website and showcased his work. His website had over 70 hits within 4 weeks www. mjpickering.co.uk at the moment he his a freelancer for the top advertising agencies in London but hates it.

Sorry more good news.Just checked the e-mails and 1 of the job offer letters have been sent. we're really on our way can't belive it and can't wait. Now just to decide what to sell, giveaway and keep.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

icklepickle is an unknown quantity at this point

Creating a web site is a really good idea - I think that we should do the same to showcase either Pat or our business depending on the route that we take. I think that anything to make you stand out from the crown has to be good. Maybe look into teleconferencing facilities so that we can offer that if anyone is interested. Great news about the letter. Well done.

Regards
Old Jun 1st 2003, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, my husband Mark has just comeback from the shops and I've shown him the e-mail and now he's getting cold feet because everything is happen so fast at the moment. We've decided to wait until we've signed the contracts before we'll have our medicals. It feels weird at the moment only 10 to 12 weeks to go.OH MY GOD
Old Jun 5th 2003, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Why is the world full of so many timewasters? Those people from saturday came backon monday with their parents at 9.30am. Looked around and had a kitchen look in the kitchen cupboards for space(my arse) and then tells the estate agent they need to think it over because the house is to far from the station. Come on they pass the station to get here and they also know the area, so why waste my time on a Monday morning when I have to get kids ready for school run and husband ready for work. Please no more timewasters PLEASE
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:22 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Why is the world full of so many timewasters? Those people from saturday came backon monday with their parents at 9.30am. Looked around and had a kitchen look in the kitchen cupboards for space(my arse) and then tells the estate agent they need to think it over because the house is to far from the station. Come on they pass the station to get here and they also know the area, so why waste my time on a Monday morning when I have to get kids ready for school run and husband ready for work. Please no more timewasters PLEASE

Give strict instructions to your estate agents about inconvenient times A true interested buyer will accede to your wishes Good luck with your sale (I have just accepted an offer) lol
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:58 pm

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad luck Stooly - it seemed that everything was going well for you.

We've put our house on market today. We dont want to emigrate until January so hopefully all will go well. Its a funny feeling putting house up for sale (never done it before) - the For Sale board made me feel sick when I saw it.

Kate