Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Insurers gonna take me to court

House Insurers gonna take me to court

Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

sandra oldfield is on a distinguished road
Default House Insurers gonna take me to court

Moved out on 30/07/04. Cancelled all direct debits regarding house and wrote to all relevant companies.
Get a letter today from some credit company saying I have defaulted, they have charged me £30 for this letter and will continue to charge until I settle in full.

So I ring them(putting at least £15 a day on my bloody mobile)

Press 1 for new customers, etc.........get through to existing policy.
I am 5th in line to be answered. getting really hacked off listening to greensleeves on my mobile(no landline in bedsit land)

I finally get through, and am advised that LLoyds TSB (whom my insurance is through) failed to update their records in time.

I told the bloke on the phone that it wasnt my problem. He then asked if i could settle the bill. Nope said I. Not my problem I cancelled in plenty of time.

He then said he would write to me every day and charge me £30 for each letter. Getting quite annoyed by now I told him he could write every 5 seconds for all I care, their mistake not mine.

I then noticed how long it actually takes on the phone, trying to deal with red tape, council, waterboard, childbenefit etc.

Wish I had shares in vodaophone.............oh and internet cafes!!! LOL
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:00 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra,

What a pain some of these people are.

I would suggest you write recorded delivery to the Chairman of the insurers explaining that you cancelled in time; they made a mistake; and if they continue to harass you that you will be contacting BBC Watchdog, as well as suing them for compensation in the County Court - telephone costs, postage, your letters at £30 a time, Your time at £120 perhour etc.

Unless they immediately apologise and confirm in writing that you owe them nothing.

Good Luck - remember....don't let the buggers grind you down!

Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:09 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

It will sort itself out sandra,dont stress about it,you are in the right,dont waste £15 quid phone bill on them,you certainly wont get any thanx for it,Send a strong letter with evidence,in the long run postage is cheaper(sometimes!)get a reciept for delivery?keep a copy for your records too.Keep yourself in the right & you can stick your fingers up to the arses that think their somit special talkin down to you on a phone?!
Its not worth the hassle
Enjoy life!
Donna.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

or write a letter to the financial services ombudsman.....and send a copy to the insurance co....you might find you get a pretty speedy resolution
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

They really take the Mickey don't they. All their fult and they still want to charge you!

I am still waiting for a refund on my car excess from when someone wrote my car off last DECEMBER! They still owe me 600 quid which is a lot of $$$$. I am not giving up and am still hassling them now.