House Husband

Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:59 am
Just Joined

daverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nice
Question House Husband

Hi,
I've been a househusband for 14 months but am now looking to migrate to Australia using the Skilled worker visa. I've been told that because I have been away from my trade (maintenance electrician) for over 12 months that I can't get one!
I have been recommended to go back to work for a year but I'm 42 and time is not on my side.
Can anyone offer any advice. I would be willing to travel over to gain employment but I am worried my time away from work will prevent me gaining employment.
HELLLPPPPP!!!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:01 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Husband

Originally Posted by daverock
Hi,
I've been a househusband for 14 months but am now looking to migrate to Australia using the Skilled worker visa. I've been told that because I have been away from my trade (maintenance electrician) for over 12 months that I can't get one!
I have been recommended to go back to work for a year but I'm 42 and time is not on my side.
Can anyone offer any advice. I would be willing to travel over to gain employment but I am worried my time away from work will prevent me gaining employment.
HELLLPPPPP!!!
The advice sounds right to me. Most visas require that you have worked in your nominated occupation for either 12 of the last 18 months or 3 of the last 4 years. I'm not sure if you can get around that on a 457 visa with sponsorship. You might be wise to speak to an agent and get the proper advice

Good luck.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

daverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nicedaverock is just really nice

Originally Posted by wmoore
The advice sounds right to me. Most visas require that you have worked in your nominated occupation for either 12 of the last 18 months or 3 of the last 4 years. I'm not sure if you can get around that on a 457 visa with sponsorship. You might be wise to speak to an agent and get the proper advice

Good luck.
Thanks!
I was affraid of that!
I'll Try contacting an agent.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:06 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daverock
Thanks!
I was affraid of that!
I'll Try contacting an agent.
There are a couple who post on here regularly, so you could try finding them in the memberlist and sending them a Private Message.

Look for George Lombard and Alan Collett