Wikiposts

House and garden advice for spiders

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Hunnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nagel
even the platypus is venomous.

good one in the bar though. ...man killed by 4 legged furry duck
It makes me glad that I have car insurance when i think that a huntsman might appear on my dash, I would absolutely sh*t it. Completely.

Cries of "I want to go back home now!" Would resound from Byron Bay to Rockhampton really no joke. I hate the nasty bast*rd things.

And i would like to point out when i was in spain a few years ago they had flying big cockroaches, And as disgusting as they are, they don't scare me as much as the spiders. Someone told me that even if you kill a roach, it might still have time to get its egg sack out, which can reproduce on its own no roach needed, is this true???!!! That is a gross thing which makes me want to get a supersize can of Raid now.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 11:24 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Hunnie
It makes me glad that I have car insurance when i think that a huntsman might appear on my dash, I would absolutely sh*t it. Completely.

Cries of "I want to go back home now!" Would resound from Byron Bay to Rockhampton really no joke. I hate the nasty bast*rd things.

And i would like to point out when i was in spain a few years ago they had flying big cockroaches, And as disgusting as they are, they don't scare me as much as the spiders. Someone told me that even if you kill a roach, it might still have time to get its egg sack out, which can reproduce on its own no roach needed, is this true???!!! That is a gross thing which makes me want to get a supersize can of Raid now.
Don't know about that eggsac bit, but its true that most species of cockroach can repruduce without having to "do the business" (i.e asexually). They will not do this by preference as a) i guess its more fun "doing the business" and b) it limits genetic diversity within thier gene pool.

Nice eh !
Old Jul 24th 2003, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Hunnie

True, never stamp on a roach as you may scatter its eggs all over the floor. Best thing to do is to keep a glass cup and a piece of card. Put the glass over the roach slip the card underneath and throw the roach down the toilet flushing quickly so that it cannot get out again. The glass could also come in handy if you have to catch a funnel web :scared: :scared: as they can still bite you through plastic!!