Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House is falling apart

Wikiposts

House is falling apart

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

Bloody cheek. Not only wasting your time but actually admitting they were not interested in your place!!! How did you hold back? Think I might have lost it - now I know why I always go out when the estate agent brings viewers round, perhaps I am too aggressive?!

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 1:41 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by Amanda&Paul
Bloody cheek. Not only wasting your time but actually admitting they were not interested in your place!!! How did you hold back? Think I might have lost it - now I know why I always go out when the estate agent brings viewers round, perhaps I am too aggressive?!

Luckily - for my temper - they did not stay long.

(They told the estate agent on 'feed back' that they could not buy my house as it had a garden pond and they had children???) Never heard of filling it in I suppose and it is of course on the details.

Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Pity you didn't know that it was only the pond whilst they were there. You could have filled it with them, and said, 'There, another job done'.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default burn baby burn

des has been apinting the outside of the house, decided to burn off the old paint set fire to the wood!!

arlene
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 6:22 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

This thread really cheered me up and made me laugh I think us house sellers are all in the same boat.
I was taking posters off teenage sons bedroom wall ready to paint before the house went up for sale and found a huge hole behind one of them, I could put my hand inside the space in the wall cavity the only quick fix I could think of at the time was to paste a big sheet of lining paper over it with pva glue and then paint over it ........ looks surprisingly good though.
Then the cat got accidently locked in our bedroom and ripped the carpet to shreds just behind the door so I cut a bit from behind the drawers cut it to exact same size as the ruined bit and glued it into place using the same pva glue (thank god for pva glue)
Sky