Reload this Page >

House / Car Insurance no claims discount

House / Car Insurance no claims discount

Old May 9th 2007, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

BarneyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House / Car Insurance no claims discount

Hi

I have 7 years no claims discount on my house insurance and at least that on my car insurance. Will I need to get written proof before we go? and will Australian insurers recognise this or I'm I going to start from scratch again?

Thanks,
Barney
Old May 9th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House / Car Insurance no claims discount

I worked for Norwich Union Direct Car/House Insurance.... We used to recognise 'some' NCB but had to be in writing..... Used to give an introductory discount on supply of proof.. however it would only be equivelant of 1 yr. But every case was different, a lot only depended on what mood the underwriter was in

S-j
Old May 9th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Get proof of your NCD for your car insurance and make sure you keep it in a safe place. You won't be asked to provide proof when you take out a policy (they'll just take your word for it) but if you need to make a claim chances are they'll need to see it then.
Old May 10th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

I have transferred motor NCB between Hong Kong and Australia but never home insurance. In all the years that I have bought home insurance in the UK and HK I have never come across any discount schemes for NCB. I guess you need to contact a few to find out.
Old May 10th 2007, 4:28 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BarneyBoy
Hi

I have 7 years no claims discount on my house insurance and at least that on my car insurance. Will I need to get written proof before we go? and will Australian insurers recognise this or I'm I going to start from scratch again?

Thanks,
Barney
Bring proof of all your NCD and they will honour them here too