Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hotel in Sydney Recommendations

Hotel in Sydney Recommendations

Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:03 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hotel in Sydney Recommendations

Flying out on the 23rd Sept into Sydney so we can check up on The Dawg whilst he's banged up in quarantine. Despite the fact we've been to Australia about half a dozen times, oddly never to Sydney. So we're just planning on staying there for 3 nights or so before driving back up to Brisbane.

Anyone any recommendations on hotel that they've liked for a central location that has parking? Otherwise I'll just phone American Express as usual I guess.

Ta!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

John has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel in Sydney Recommendations

We stayed @ the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney Harbour last year. There is parking (though it's limited) and I couldn't fault the place.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by John; Aug 24th 2005 at 5:53 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:56 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Flying out on the 23rd Sept into Sydney so we can check up on The Dawg whilst he's banged up in quarantine. Despite the fact we've been to Australia about half a dozen times, oddly never to Sydney. So we're just planning on staying there for 3 nights or so before driving back up to Brisbane.

Anyone any recommendations on hotel that they've liked for a central location that has parking? Otherwise I'll just phone American Express as usual I guess.

Ta!
Hi when we went in March of this year we got our hotel from www.quickbeds.com it was excellent. We stayed at the Boulevard which was within walking distance to all the major stuff , the one place to avoid is Kings cross because it has a reputation for "professional ladies"
Jane
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:05 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Ta!
www.wotif.com

they list hotels in the cbd, should have info on car parking as well.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:13 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Ta!
We stayed at the ****** in Potts Point a few years ago. Wasnt too bad, fairly cheap, good location, friendly and helpful.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

Ta!
Sebel Pier One. 5 minutes or less from Circular Quay, right next to the harbour bridge and views across the harbour. Not the chepaest ever, but certainly not the most expensive either and worth every penny
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:22 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Cool Re: Hotel in Sydney Recommendations

Ta!
Theres only one, the Menzies Hotel ,right in the middle of Sydney near circular quay.The piano bar is just brilliant, probably expensive though .
Avoid koala lodge they begrudge handing out extra teabags and milk for your rooms

from blossoms better half

Last edited by Blossom; Aug 24th 2005 at 6:25 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:44 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Ta!
If money is not an issue then the Hyatt is nice, it's also besides the Harbour Bridge. We stayed there last time for a few nights, our room looked across at the Opera House, im sure they have car parkig.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Ta!
Hi we've stayed at The Observatory Hotel on Kent Street, near the Rocks, and in our opinion, one of the best in Sydney, although pricey. Check out http://www.qantas.com.au/info/bookings/hotels for discounts. The Observatory has a spa and an indoor pool lit by thousands of little stars on the roof (its the one that's always advertised in the glossys).

The Sir Stamford at Circular Quay is also a great hotel, right opposite the Botanical Gardens, no pool as I recall (or is there one on the roof?? can't remember), but there's a great cocktail lounge.

Parking available at both hotels.

Louise
Old Aug 25th 2005, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

We stayed at the Travelodge on the corner of wentworth avenue. We had a family room and it was $130 per night (cheap for Sydney). Rooms were clean and not shabby, had fridge, microwave, kettle etc. It's 5 minutes walk to Hyde Park and about 15 -20 minutes walk to the Opera house. They have parking too (from what I can remember). www.travelodge.com.au

Hope this helps
Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:28 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Just to thank for the replies. Always good to have personal recommendations on hotels Will make a booking later today (after I've spent ages trying to work out which I like more - its a guy thing I reckon...)
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:32 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Just to thank for the replies. Always good to have personal recommendations on hotels Will make a booking later today (after I've spent ages trying to work out which I like more - its a guy thing I reckon...)
Swissotel is central to CBD but its not that great - rooms are ok, typical business hotel could be anywhere , food ok etc, but its just normal and I can imagine its not cheap. Parking was 35$ valet parked under ground.
(more as an 'avoid' rather than a recommendation ;-) ).
Old Aug 25th 2005, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

Fab place to stay is Saville Suites www.savillesuites.com.au They have one about 3-4 min walk from Circular Quay. They have parking but you will need to book it but I have never had a problem. They do one and two bed apartments that are fab.

HIghly recommended!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

Not in CBD, but a bit further out so a car is desirable, but with parking, is the Rushcutters Bay Hotel. Rushcutters Bay is just north of Paddington. The hotel is ultra-modern cool and with an excellent restaurant. Has the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in (some kind of futon-style setup).