Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hotel by heathrow - you have been warned!

hotel by heathrow - you have been warned!

Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default hotel by heathrow - you have been warned!

after weeks of goodbye drinks and good wishes we flew on sunday from heathrow to los angeles.
the night before we stayed at the courtyard marriott slough, recommended, only 25 pounds per pers b & b.
well, we checked in then decided to have a drink in the pub next door think it is called the gate. we walk in and were a little surprised to find three naked girls draped over the customers or pole dancing!!! quite an experience to the uninitiated, like us! not many of those places, if any, in birmingham! well, we stayed for a couple then went to the wtherspoons pub in slough which was great, double vodka red bull 1.99!!
we had said we'd just say goodbye and go on sun morning, this was my sister and husband who took us, so we did it, an extra special tight hug and off we went.
so here we are in vegas for 5 nights. never been before, quite an eye opener for us. its nice to relax, if thats possible, without the phone going every five minutes and being free to rest!!! feels like i've not slept properly for weeks. we have had a bit of jetlag but here it doesn't matter, we have even gone out at 3.30am and found everything open!
we leave early fri morning for sydney. looking forward to seeing my brother there for a week or so before we go up to the gold coast.
we feel rather strange, in limbo and even homeless! hope our house sale proceeds as it should, we hadn't got the completion date before leaving but it will hopefully be next week.
will let you know how it goes.
karen
Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great to hear from you Karen.
Watch out in the bars in Vegas lots of pole dancers out there as well!!

Hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:37 pm
WBB

Default Re: hotel by heathrow - you have been warned!

Originally posted by karenvirginia
we walk in and were a little surprised to find three naked girls draped over the customers or pole dancing!!!

did you manage to get a phone number?

Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi karen

Thanks for the insight, never been to las vegas, do you think it would be worth going with 2 kids under 8.

Enjoy the relaxation.

cheers

karen and andy
Old Sep 25th 2003, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

Ditto - we have 2 kids 1 of 10 and 1 of 2. Is there anything for them?

Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:03 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Amanda&Paul
Ditto - we have 2 kids 1 of 10 and 1 of 2. Is there anything for them?

Can they card count?
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are lots of things for kids to do in Vegas

I stayed in the Flamingo Hilton with my parents and my brother and sis when I was about 12 ( they are both younger). There was a big amusement arcade in the basement for the kids, 7 swimming pools with slides etc.... down the road was the MGM hotel with the theme park.... the hotel across the strip (cant' remember its name) had a big pirate show in the evenings on the water in front of it...

I think your kids would love it persnoally, I know that myself and my siblings had a wonderful time and didn't want to leave
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karen and andy
Hi karen

Thanks for the insight, never been to las vegas, do you think it would be worth going with 2 kids under 8.

Enjoy the relaxation.

cheers

karen and andy

It's a great place for kids.......Circus Circus lots of stuff to do........

Ceasers Palace is Awsome......
The Mirage has a Volcano that Erupts i'ts fab..........
There is a Pirate ship that does battle with the British ship.......
There is a hotel called New york, New york,
There is The Venition you can ride in the Gondolas
There is the Eiffel Tower.........
One Hotel is built like an Egyption Tomb......
One is an English Hotel The Excaliber,It has a Tournament
like in the days of King Arthur horses and the whole bit........

I love the place dont go if you are someone who picks things apart it is for fun and nothing else.........have a ball...........
One more thing
The food!!!!!!!Soooooo much food!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, it seems as though a good time is to be had by all.

cheers

karen and andy
Old Sep 27th 2003, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

yes, lots for kids. the stratosphere blew us away, 1160 ft up and there is a rollercoaster! went on twice and then even higher to the big shot which pings you up and out of your seat!!! this is all outside with the most fabulous views, you need to be 48ins tall or more. great place and their shops better than on the strip itself. we did a flight over the grand canyon too which was awesome. just great fun 24hrs a day if you want it. (have posted more re. flight to sydney)
karen xx