Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Horse riding Rockingham area????

Horse riding Rockingham area????

Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:34 am
Just Joined

JR56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Horse riding Rockingham area????

Hi
Newbies to the area and looking for horse riding for my 2 teenage girls to go weekly. They havent' got there own horse and really struggling to find the "Pony Club" type of thing here. Any recommendations please as to where to send them???
kind regards
JR
Old Aug 15th 2009, 1:45 pm
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Horse riding Rockingham area????

Hi

We had 2 pony mad girls to find lessons for last year - here goes.......

Foxdale in Baldivis - Wendy the owner is v good. They do 2 hour lessons where they feed, put the bridle and saddle on, groom, then have a lesson in the middle, then sort the pony out after. I was v happy when Wendy was teaching but sometimes she let some of the older girls teach and wasn't around for most of the lesson, as my girls are younger I would have preferred to have Wendy for the whole lesson. Can book lessons as/when you want them. There is a website for this one if you google Foxdale.

Remba Park in Baldivis - seems quite "professional", I was originally going to send mine there but coudn't get a lesson time that suited us. I think you have to sign up for the whole term and its more expensive than the others. Pretty sure website for this one too.

Amarillo, Paganoni Rd, off Mandurah Road, just past the Marapana Wildlife Park. We tried it last November and preferred Foxdale but Amarillo have just changed the set up to 2 hour lessons (same format as Foxdale) don't know much more. I think we did a trial lesson there, so didn't have to commit.

Barragup Riding Academy - down in Barragup just outside Mandurah. A bit further away but my girls have just started here. The owner Karen is English (not that that should make any difference but she definetly is a bit more safety conscious than some of the others who are a bit more laid back). I've just asked about a space for my 15 year old neice and she said she can fit her in a group lesson easily - cost $22 for half an hour lesson or $40 for one hour group lesson.

Not sure if there's any others around.

hope that helps
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:17 am
Just Joined

JR56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Horse riding Rockingham area????

Hiya
Many thanks for your reply, loads of useful info to look into thanks! We did look from the outside at Foxdale but the girls didn't fancy that. I was wondering where the english lady was Is it the same one that was on the wanted down under programme when the family stayed in Port Kennedy?
The girls are riding today we think at Amirillo so will check that out - didn't think it would be so hard to find a pony club here.
Anyway many thanks again, need to have happy horse mad teenagers sorted soon.
kind regards
JR