Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:47 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future
Default Re: Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Hi Loose,

Hope you don't mind me butting in but we're also heading out to Perth and I believe there's a place near Joondalup that you can go for a hack. Apparently you also sometimes get followed by wild kangaroos! As I say, I'm not sure of the place as a friend of mine who's also immigrating mentioned it. Will let you know when we get out there in September, unless you urgently need to know sooner.

As for the dancing, when you get started we will all remind you that we want a piccy!

Sun Chaser
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

No worries, Simone, Mairi and I will stake out all the salsa dancing establishments, track him down and post a piccy!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anywhere good for newbies to try some riding? I rode once in Canada and loved it (sore botty!) and would like to have another go!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by loose
Any advice from Perth dwellers.....

1. I used to work in stables as a kid, and have been keen to get back into horse riding for a while now. Will be in Perth from January, and the last time I was there I cant remember seeing any stables etc open to the public. Apparently the insurance for things like this is extremely high, but does anyone know of any good stabel open to the public in the Perth area?

2. ok - I may get some stick for this but here goes. Does anyone know of any good adult dance schools in Perth? My kylie is a great dancer and is mad keen for the 2 of us to get into latin/salsa etc. I know nothing about it, but she's been great about me playing football etc, and I want to show I'm keen for us to have hobbies together. (Brownie points! and it'll probably be fun too).

Any help appreciated.

Any micky takers...........up yours!!

Hi Loose

A friend of mine lives in Northern suburbs and goes riding each week at public stables, I will see if I can find name and address for you.

Lindsey
Old Jun 21st 2004, 8:50 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
No worries, Simone, Mairi and I will stake out all the salsa dancing establishments, track him down and post a piccy!!!!
Yep, that's what I was thinking
There might be heaps of dancing studio thingys, but I'm sure the number for salsa ones will be lower.....

And seeing I'll probably never get a job...... and Mairi doesn't even need one (yet).....
Larissa, what's your timeline?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Loose your a brave man.
A very brave man.
What will they say down at Valley Parade? God only knows? LOL.
Anyhow on a serious note and as i dont know when your flitting. They do Latin/Salsa at the Ritz ballroom Bottom of Bradford Rd. Near Brighouse so not a million away from u.
How do i know? Don't ask suffice to say i too have a Kylie that can shuffle across the boards like a whirling dervige!!!!
It may not apply in ure case but if ure still here in 6 months it can't help to get a head start.
Good luck to all that are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:52 pm
Go Banana's !!

Simone,

Can't work out how to attach a pic to a pm, so will post a pic of daughter at her riding school, romping home with a 'Rider of the Week Award', she was only 5 arh......

Hope to find a good riding school in Perth, the one she is leaving behind is excellent her last lesson is next Sat - dreading saying goodbye to them all. They've asked us to wave when she's in the Olympics

Jill
Attached Thumbnails Horse riding and Dancing!!!-dsc00301.jpg  

Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:53 pm
Go Banana's !!

oops sorry guys, guess I don't know how to attach one to a post either

Jill

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 6:36 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, how cute!

And only 5!
Well, if she already got rider of the week at 5, we'll definetly be seeing her at the olympics!!!

I'm sure you'll find a good one.... I saw lots in Wanneroo and Swan area, and you're headed for northern suburbs, right?
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:53 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone for the info - sounds like there will be a few places I can try out for the riding. Wont be in Perth till Jan sun chaser so any info when you get there would be great! Lindsey, ta for that, just let me know where the stables are when you get the chance.

Andy - you're right, the football lads will laugh themselves stupid if they get wind. Cant really blame 'em, but to be honest I'm kinda looking forward to it. You're an experienced dancer though by the sound of it, perhaps you could give a few of us lessons!

All I know for definate is there's no chance of any pics getting on here of me shaking my stuff. You listening girls!!!! You know who you are!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:57 am
Re mem mem member

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Simone,

Can't work out how to attach a pic to a pm, so will post a pic of daughter at her riding school, romping home with a 'Rider of the Week Award', she was only 5 arh......

Hope to find a good riding school in Perth, the one she is leaving behind is excellent her last lesson is next Sat - dreading saying goodbye to them all. They've asked us to wave when she's in the Olympics

Jill
How old was your little girl when she started? A lot of kids are scared stiff of horses at 5, your wee one looks like a natch. Gold medal nailed on I reckon.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Any advice from Perth dwellers.....

1. I used to work in stables as a kid, and have been keen to get back into horse riding for a while now. Will be in Perth from January, and the last time I was there I cant remember seeing any stables etc open to the public. Apparently the insurance for things like this is extremely high, but does anyone know of any good stabel open to the public in the Perth area?

2. ok - I may get some stick for this but here goes. Does anyone know of any good adult dance schools in Perth? My kylie is a great dancer and is mad keen for the 2 of us to get into latin/salsa etc. I know nothing about it, but she's been great about me playing football etc, and I want to show I'm keen for us to have hobbies together. (Brownie points! and it'll probably be fun too).

Any help appreciated.

Any micky takers...........up yours!!

Loose

Go for the Salsa mate - great opportunity to dance with loads of saucy latin babes, and your missus won't mind coz she'll be dancing with the instructor...everyone's a winner !
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:05 am
Re mem mem member

Originally posted by sjn2003
Loose

Go for the Salsa mate - great opportunity to dance with loads of saucy latin babes, and your missus won't mind coz she'll be dancing with the instructor...everyone's a winner !

Ah the voice of reason!!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Ah the voice of reason!!
Top tip: It's all in the wiggle of your backside - get that sorted and you will wowing the ladies down under
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:44 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

How old was your little girl when she started? A lot of kids are scared stiff of horses at 5, your wee one looks like a natch. Gold medal nailed on I reckon.

I started when I was 2. The earlier the better in my view as little kids aren't scared of anything. I grew up on horses - almost literally, the only time I wasn't on horseback or in my riding kit was when I was at school!

Jill, your daughter does look like a natural. Hope she gets to keep it up when you move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.