Reload this Page >

Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:06 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough
Question Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Any advice from Perth dwellers.....

1. I used to work in stables as a kid, and have been keen to get back into horse riding for a while now. Will be in Perth from January, and the last time I was there I cant remember seeing any stables etc open to the public. Apparently the insurance for things like this is extremely high, but does anyone know of any good stabel open to the public in the Perth area?

2. ok - I may get some stick for this but here goes. Does anyone know of any good adult dance schools in Perth? My kylie is a great dancer and is mad keen for the 2 of us to get into latin/salsa etc. I know nothing about it, but she's been great about me playing football etc, and I want to show I'm keen for us to have hobbies together. (Brownie points! and it'll probably be fun too).

Any help appreciated.

Any micky takers...........up yours!!

Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:13 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Originally posted by loose
Any advice from Perth dwellers.....

1. I used to work in stables as a kid, and have been keen to get back into horse riding for a while now. Will be in Perth from January, and the last time I was there I cant remember seeing any stables etc open to the public. Apparently the insurance for things like this is extremely high, but does anyone know of any good stabel open to the public in the Perth area?

2. ok - I may get some stick for this but here goes. Does anyone know of any good adult dance schools in Perth? My kylie is a great dancer and is mad keen for the 2 of us to get into latin/salsa etc. I know nothing about it, but she's been great about me playing football etc, and I want to show I'm keen for us to have hobbies together. (Brownie points! and it'll probably be fun too).

Any help appreciated.

Any micky takers...........up yours!!

Hi Loose, hopefully this link will help you.

www.ozschoolguide.com

Jill has used it to find gymnastic clubs and horse riding for our daughter to great effect.

We are going to Perth in 3 weeks and so have found this very useful.

Also, my Aunty used to run a dance school in Ballajura/Morely in the Northern Sububrs a while back so I will email her to ask her which one is best - where in Perth will you be ?

Good luck and I'll try and get back to you with more info.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004......Twice !! :scared: :scared:

Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:16 pm
Re mem mem member

Default Re: Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi Loose, hopefully this link will help you.

www.ozschoolguide.com

Jill has used it to find gymnastic clubs and horse riding for our daughter to great effect.

We are going to Perth in 3 weeks and so have found this very useful.

Also, my Aunty used to run a dance school in Ballajura/Morely in the Northern Sububrs a while back so I will email her to ask her which one is best - where in Perth will you be ?

Good luck and I'll try and get back to you with more info.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth 2004......Twice !! :scared: :scared:
Thanks for that Warren, thats great.

We'll be moving to Yokine, my girlfriend and her brother bought a duplex plot there years ago. Its got a little old house on it that we'll stay in for a while, before deciding whether build new or not.

What about you? Whereabouts are you heading for?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:42 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

*Picking herself off the floor, clutching aching sides, gasping for breath*

Loose, please send pictures of you dancing. Don't think for one minute that you are going to live this down on that 'other' thread.

Impressed by the horse riding though. Are you still thinking of a bit of jackaroo action up in the NT? You're right though, the insurance on horse activities is sky high. Maybe find someone who will horseshare?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:59 pm
Re mem mem member

Originally posted by bundy
*Picking herself off the floor, clutching aching sides, gasping for breath*

Loose, please send pictures of you dancing. Don't think for one minute that you are going to live this down on that 'other' thread.

Impressed by the horse riding though. Are you still thinking of a bit of jackaroo action up in the NT? You're right though, the insurance on horse activities is sky high. Maybe find someone who will horseshare?

My bottom lips out!!!

Laugh all you want. When I'm flying round the dancefloor at Go Bananas Auntys, looking every inch the steamy latino sex pot..........yeah you're right. I'm gonna llook daft aren't I. Never mind. If my Kylie wants to do it, then I'll try!!

As for the horses. Not sure on the jackaroo work yet. its all very up in the air till i get to Darwin, but once in Perth I was looking to just go on the occasional hack if possible. Its been a while and I've missed it.

Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

My bottom lips out!!!

Laugh all you want. When I'm flying round the dancefloor at Go Bananas Auntys, looking every inch the steamy latino sex pot..........yeah you're right. I'm gonna llook daft aren't I. Never mind. If my Kylie wants to do it, then I'll try!!

As for the horses. Not sure on the jackaroo work yet. its all very up in the air till i get to Darwin, but once in Perth I was looking to just go on the occasional hack if possible. Its been a while and I've missed it.

I think it's very romantic of you Loose. And you're right, you could end up like that bloke in Strictly Ballroom or whatever that movie is. You could....But please will you sell tickets, pleeeeaaaaassseee!

Is where you're heading to in Perth in the city, or is there the odd bit of green field and horse potential? You could always come visit the Bundies in Nundle as I shall be having as many horses as I can.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:08 pm
Re mem mem member

I think it's very romantic of you Loose. And you're right, you could end up like that bloke in Strictly Ballroom or whatever that movie is. You could....But please will you sell tickets, pleeeeaaaaassseee!

Is where you're heading to in Perth in the city, or is there the odd bit of green field and horse potential? You could always come visit the Bundies in Nundle as I shall be having as many horses as I can.

yeah i can just see some of you lot sat round the edge giggling at my sequined trousers!!!

Its a suburb north of the river in Perth called Yokine. Not a bad area but no open areas I'm afraid. When you guys get set up in Nundle on the bundy ranch I'll expect an invite then. We want to see more of Oz so it'll be a good excuse for a bit of a tour.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:11 pm
She's a bird, you know

yeah i can just see some of you lot sat round the edge giggling at my sequined trousers!!!

Its a suburb north of the river in Perth called Yokine. Not a bad area but no open areas I'm afraid. When you guys get set up in Nundle on the bundy ranch I'll expect an invite then. We want to see more of Oz so it'll be a good excuse for a bit of a tour.

Right, it's a deal. I may even give you a horse that's as good as Bundy!

I reckon your best bet would be to do what people do here: stick an ad in the paper asking if anyone would let you ride their horse in exchange for sharing some of the cost/helping out.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:21 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I must admit I did enjoy "Billy Elliot."
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:25 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bordy
I must admit I did enjoy "Billy Elliot."
Wasn't that the movie about the ballet dancers whose son wanted to break generations of family tradition & go down the mines.....?

Anya.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:26 pm
She's a bird, you know

To make you feel better Loose, I should point out that I once did ballet. For about 2 months. I got chucked out, aged 5, for unruly behaviour (I was skidding on the floor - ballet shoes are good for that. Plus I refused to wear a pink leotard - mine was black). My mum admitted defeat and let me carry on with my horseriding, which I started at 2, and my swimming, which I started before birth! And that was my one brush with being girly
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:28 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I horserode (! ) in Perth back in 1990. Was in Helena Valley, which is to the east of Perth. Not quite the last suburb, but nearly I reckon. (we lived in Kalamunda in the hills then).
The lady's name was Tracy, that's all I know!

Of course, I have a pic!

Later, I rode in Bridgetown in the south. There we did mainly trail rides. In Helena Valley I think it was only in the ring thing (though, I didn't stay long(we moved, as usual ) and maybe they did if you were more experienced....)
Attached Thumbnails Horse riding and Dancing!!!-paardrijden-helena-valley.jpg  
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:32 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Simone
I horserode (! ) in Perth back in 1990. Was in Helena Valley, which is to the east of Perth. Not quite the last suburb, but nearly I reckon. (we lived in Kalamunda in the hills then).
The lady's name was Tracy, that's all I know!

Of course, I have a pic!

Later, I rode in Bridgetown in the south. There we did mainly trail rides. In Helena Valley I think it was only in the ring thing (though, I didn't stay long(we moved, as usual ) and maybe they did if you were more experienced....)

You might want to lengthen those stirrups a bit Simone....
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:35 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Well, here we have it:
Dance tuition and/or venues:
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search...siteOnly=false
(136 choices!!!! Ok, you have to narrow it down, but I'm sure there'll be something in there!)

And for Ballet/theatrical:
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search...siteOnly=false
(135, but it looks like many the same as in above category)

Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:36 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

You might want to lengthen those stirrups a bit Simone....
I think my legs were actually that short!

But yeah, it does look a bit wierd..... I was just starting out then...

I'll see if I can find some more, from years later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.