Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hope this not one of YOU

Hope this not one of YOU

Old Sep 9th 2002, 11:39 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hope this not one of YOU

Originally posted by Marlo:

Hi Akq, I`m whole heartedly with you on this one, couldn`t have said it better myself, POMMIE BASTARD cetainly lives up to his name.

Ignore him and hopefully he will go away and have a life!!!

Marlo

Well done kids , I thought your lifes were that bad that Australia was your last hope god help help you and best of luck.
""By the way PB, you ignorant twat""
So are all POMS so the Aussies tell me , god you are touchy people keep dreaming.
By the way I am working for what is touted as the most Hi-tec company in Australia says it all for this country ,what hope is there when twats like me can get a job?
Remember the what your mummys told you , sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you.
Find it hard to keep up with all your nice words and kind thoughts but doing my best , can only do it in works time you sods will get me the sack, liked the idea reguarding if you don't like what you are hearing shoot the messenger.
Just one more point if I am such a sad bastard there is no way I could be living in your land of plenty , everyone is happy there?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Sep 10th 2002 at 6:21 am.
Old Sep 9th 2002, 11:52 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by akq:
People, this is just my personal feeling, but here it is anyway-DO NOT RESPOND ANY FURTHER TO ANYTHING PB POSTS.
It only adds fuel to his fire and gives him smug satisfaction.
He is unhappy with himself and his choices in life, he feels a failure, so what he does is reflect his lack of self-worth onto anyone who will allow him to. By responding to him here we are, all of us, allowing him to transfer his negativity onto us. So let's all of us make the decision RIGHT NOW not to ever respond to another stupid, mistyped, misspelled unintelligible bit of drivel that PB spouts out. No doubt Dotty and Ceri will continue to pat him on the back and say "hear hear, well spoken old chap" but the rest of us do not have to, and more importantly, do not DESERVE to have to put up with this bullshit day after day. If the moderator chooses not to remove PB's profile from this forum, then we will all simply have to do the next best thing, collectively. Get rid of him ourselves. Now, who's with me on this one?
PS- By the way PB, you ignorant twat, "Ceri" is a bloke, not a girl, it's a popular name for boys in Wales. You are truly one of the thickest whinge-arses I've ever had the displeasure of encountering on the internet. Go and spend your spare time learning your native language instead of trying to take out your frustrations with your own inadequacies on us.

Hands up please as to who will not respond to PB from this moment on.
Yours in intelligence,
Tegan

Agree with everything you say does that make your day , do not mean it but you need to hear it.
The kind of people Australia lets in are inadequates , I take it you have got PR visa if not why?

Old Sep 10th 2002, 6:13 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by FOX:
PB,

I have just tried to read your postings on this thread, most of which are littered with poor spelling and make absolutly no grammatical sense.

Before you say it is because you are being brought down by the heathens in WA, perhaps you could do us dreamers the decency of not being so smug and condescending and concentrate on what you are typing rather than how much you can p us all off!!!!!!

Apologies everybody else but I have not looked at the site for over a week because it is getting less and less constructive with people like PB, posting exactly the same points in different guises over and over again.

I do agree that there should be balanced discussion here but it is getting mindless!!

I will now do as several people suggested over a week ago and ignore it in future, thank you for letting me get this off my chest!!

Sarah

still waiting!
I don’t think poor grammar has got anything to do with someone’s skills, or personal views. To attack someone for having poor grammar is a personal insult, as it does not reflect on the person’s skills. That in itself is not being very constructive is it?
I have a mate in Singapore who owns his own company (civil engineering). He employs Australians, Brit’s and locals. Guess what? He wouldn’t pass an English exam! His grammar is very poor.
Stupidity is not having poor grammar … stupidity is someone who can’t learn anything new, someone who has a fixed mind.

Oh , and you might want to recheck your spelling too before “slagging� PB off about his. Since when was “absolutly� spelt like that?? Lol . I think you’ll find it is spelt as “absolutely�. It’s quite ironic that you should spell it incorrectly in a sentence where you wrote “ most of which are littered with poor spelling mistakes and make “absolutly� no grammatical sense�… quite comical I think, having a go at PB and misspelling yourself. It’s like the pot calling the kettle black

P.S akq, who’s the “ignorant Twat�? Ceri is a girl, well I was last time I looked . Ceri means beloved, or to be loved in the Welsh language. It is also used for boys too, but it is mostly a girls name. It’s funny how a lot of people here make big assumptions about another person eh?

Cheers – you’ve " absolutly" (absolutely)made me laugh today
Old Sep 10th 2002, 6:53 am
Banned

Originally posted by Ceri:

I don’t think poor grammar has got anything to do with someone’s skills, or personal views. To attack someone for having poor grammar is a personal insult, as it does not reflect on the person’s skills. That in itself is not being very constructive is it?
I have a mate in Singapore who owns his own company (civil engineering). He employs Australians, Brit’s and locals. Guess what? He wouldn’t pass an English exam! His grammar is very poor.
Stupidity is not having poor grammar … stupidity is someone who can’t learn anything new, someone who has a fixed mind.

Oh , and you might want to recheck your spelling too before “slagging� PB off about his. Since when was “absolutly� spelt like that?? Lol . I think you’ll find it is spelt as “absolutely�. It’s quite ironic that you should spell it incorrectly in a sentence where you wrote “ most of which are littered with poor spelling mistakes and make “absolutly� no grammatical sense�… quite comical I think, having a go at PB and misspelling yourself. It’s like the pot calling the kettle black

P.S akq, who’s the “ignorant Twat�? Ceri is a girl, well I was last time I looked . Ceri means beloved, or to be loved in the Welsh language. It is also used for boys too, but it is mostly a girls name. It’s funny how a lot of people here make big assumptions about another person eh?

Must say it again love Wales and the Welsh , you have found me out I am in engineering and though my numeracy is very good my written English is as you see is very poor.
Thanks for input I found out in life those who use personal abuse have nothing to say.
Before the hate mob turn on me for doing that , if they read my posts I only ridicule the Aussies in same fashion they give it , no one person on this board has been singled out by me prove otherwise?
Good to know that they are some intelligent people out there , I am sure you are good looking too.Best Wishes
Old Sep 10th 2002, 7:05 am
Russell Driver

"pommie bastard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Robert Edwards:
    > > One in 7 isn't too bad at all......better than some of the estates I have seen
    > > dare I mention in a faraway land.....the reality is why buy where we can afford
    > > taking into account the needs of our families, the lifestyle on offer etc....
    > >
    > >
    > > "pommie bastard" wrote in message
    > > news:409413.10314-
    > > [email protected]:409413.1031485193@brit ishexpats.com...
    > > > In Western Australian
    > >
    > You have little idea at all, why buy private house which will cost you a life times
    > work to live next to a problem family who will drag the area and your house value
    > down. If lifesyle amounts to breakins , grafffiti and vandalism why buy in , when
    > you can rent it cheaper. The suburbs mentioned are very down at heel mainly
    > because of this mix and match of housing the two lifestyles are very different. Is
    > there anything that you you would not defend about Aussie , keep taking the happy
    > pills and dream on.
    >

Well.........the fishing has been crap today ;-)

Russell

--

--
A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular. Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.
(1900 - 1965)

Old Sep 10th 2002, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Hope this not one of YOU

Thank you Tegan. Words voiced by you, felt by the rest of the site. Anyone got any pleasant postive news. My sister has been in Perth since Friday, she has bought a house with a pool for cash, been welcomed by fellow Poms and Aussies alike and is as happy as she ever dreamt she could be. Hopefully we will all join her soon.
Thanks

Nicky

Originally posted by akq:
People, this is just my personal feeling, but here it is anyway-DO NOT RESPOND ANY FURTHER TO ANYTHING PB POSTS.
It only adds fuel to his fire and gives him smug satisfaction.
He is unhappy with himself and his choices in life, he feels a failure, so what he does is reflect his lack of self-worth onto anyone who will allow him to. By responding to him here we are, all of us, allowing him to transfer his negativity onto us. So let's all of us make the decision RIGHT NOW not to ever respond to another stupid, mistyped, misspelled unintelligible bit of drivel that PB spouts out. No doubt Dotty and Ceri will continue to pat him on the back and say "hear hear, well spoken old chap" but the rest of us do not have to, and more importantly, do not DESERVE to have to put up with this bullshit day after day. If the moderator chooses not to remove PB's profile from this forum, then we will all simply have to do the next best thing, collectively. Get rid of him ourselves. Now, who's with me on this one?
PS- By the way PB, you ignorant twat, "Ceri" is a bloke, not a girl, it's a popular name for boys in Wales. You are truly one of the thickest whinge-arses I've ever had the displeasure of encountering on the internet. Go and spend your spare time learning your native language instead of trying to take out your frustrations with your own inadequacies on us.

Hands up please as to who will not respond to PB from this moment on.
Yours in intelligence,
Tegan
Old Sep 10th 2002, 11:32 pm
Banned

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Thank you Tegan. Words voiced by you, felt by the rest of the site. Anyone got any pleasant postive news. My sister has been in Perth since Friday, she has bought a house with a pool for cash, been welcomed by fellow Poms and Aussies alike and is as happy as she ever dreamt she could be. Hopefully we will all join her soon.
Thanks

Nicky

Old Sep 11th 2002, 12:54 am
Banned

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
My sister has been in Perth since Friday, she has bought a house with a pool for cash, been welcomed by fellow Poms and Aussies alike and is as happy as she ever dreamt she could be. Hopefully we will all join her soon.
Thanks

Nicky
Yawn been there done that bought the book , give it time the novelty will wear off , so been here one week already .
Give it time before emptyness that is Perth sinks in , we got on a high at first but believe me it does wear off .
Out of interest what area? see I do care about you.
By the way the word pool does not impress anybody here very common ,had 2 houses with would not get one again.
Without heating maybe good for 4months of the year adds to water bill plus maintance and chemicals to buy , for most of the year as much use as a chocolate poker.We found out just a outside spa was far better , that gets used a lot more and very relaxing.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Sep 11th 2002 at 1:38 am.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Perth Helena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

Yawn been there done that bought the book , give it time the novelty will wear off , so been here one week already .
Give it time before emptyness that is Perth sinks in , we got on a high at first but believe me it does wear off .
I think every migrant to whatever country is on a "high" when they first arrive. It's only natural. I felt the same in Canada. It wore off there too, but that doesn't mean it has to wear off to the point you're at. That "high" is a mixture of: excitement, worry, stress, exhaustion, and probably another dozen emotions, good and bad.

By the way the word pool does not impress anybody here very common ,had 2 houses with would not get one again.
Yes, you're right, pools are fairly common here and don't impress all that much but for someone from a country where they're not so common, it can be exciting. Let her enjoy that excitement. We still like ours & we've had a pool for a total of 11 years. Not everyone is as bored with them as some. If you've got kids, a pool is nice. I enjoy having my kids at home, along with their friends. At least I know where they are. On those hot summer days, my husband will come home from work, quickly change into his bathers and jump in. It re-energizes him.

A pool in Perth for many people is almost a necessity. Going to the beach is great but it is a lot of work sometimes, especially with kids. Even if you live within a kilometre of the beach you'll drive there because you've got too much gear to bring - packed esky (cooler), beach towels, umbrella/sunshade tent, beach chairs, bodyboards, bucket and spade, etc., etc., etc. Too much effort for just an hour or less, which a pool is perfect for.

The trend for backyards here is a well integrated pool and outdoor entertainment area, which is nice for entertaining. The kids keep happy in the pool while the adults can enjoy themselves while keeping an eye on them.

Without heating maybe good for 4months of the year adds to water bill plus maintance and chemicals to buy , for most of the year as much use as a chocolate poker.We found out just a outside spa was far better , that gets used a lot more and very relaxing.
Everyone's different. I hate spas myself but that's me. 4 months eh? We used our pool in Canada more than that & it wasn't heated. You can get more use out of your pool if you buy a solar blanket. It retains the heat and dramatically reduces the rate of evaporation, thereby saving you water and chemicals. Our water usage is no more than before the pool since we were putting that water into the lawn beforehand anyway. We had solar heating put in as well to increase usage. We use our pool 7 months of the year. They're a bit of work but as long as you keep up the maintenance, it becomes routine and not a big deal. I do it all myself. Let it go and you've got a nightmare on your hands.

Btw: if you have a pool installed, do it in winter. A bit cheaper and less chance of sand being tracked into the house. When they pop it into the ground, you've got to let the sand around it settle for a few weeks before paving. So it's messy. In summertime you've got more chance of the sand being tracked into the house, and it getting into the pool. Yuk. Been there, never again.

Good luck,

Helena
Old Sep 11th 2002, 2:57 am
Banned

Originally posted by Perth Helena:

I think every migrant to whatever country is on a "high" when they first arrive. It's only natural. I felt the same in Canada. It wore off there too, but that doesn't mean it has to wear off to the point you're at. That "high" is a mixture of: excitement, worry, stress, exhaustion, and probably another dozen emotions, good and bad.

Yes, you're right, pools are fairly common here and don't impress all that much but for someone from a country where they're not so common, it can be exciting. Let her enjoy that excitement. We still like ours & we've had a pool for a total of 11 years. Not everyone is as bored with them as some. If you've got kids, a pool is nice. I enjoy having my kids at home, along with their friends. At least I know where they are. On those hot summer days, my husband will come home from work, quickly change into his bathers and jump in. It re-energizes him.

A pool in Perth for many people is almost a necessity. Going to the beach is great but it is a lot of work sometimes, especially with kids. Even if you live within a kilometre of the beach you'll drive there because you've got too much gear to bring - packed esky (cooler), beach towels, umbrella/sunshade tent, beach chairs, bodyboards, bucket and spade, etc., etc., etc. Too much effort for just an hour or less, which a pool is perfect for.

The trend for backyards here is a well integrated pool and outdoor entertainment area, which is nice for entertaining. The kids keep happy in the pool while the adults can enjoy themselves while keeping an eye on them.

Everyone's different. I hate spas myself but that's me. 4 months eh? We used our pool in Canada more than that & it wasn't heated. You can get more use out of your pool if you buy a solar blanket. It retains the heat and dramatically reduces the rate of evaporation, thereby saving you water and chemicals. Our water usage is no more than before the pool since we were putting that water into the lawn beforehand anyway. We had solar heating put in as well to increase usage. We use our pool 7 months of the year. They're a bit of work but as long as you keep up the maintenance, it becomes routine and not a big deal. I do it all myself. Let it go and you've got a nightmare on your hands.

Btw: if you have a pool installed, do it in winter. A bit cheaper and less chance of sand being tracked into the house. When they pop it into the ground, you've got to let the sand around it settle for a few weeks before paving. So it's messy. In summertime you've got more chance of the sand being tracked into the house, and it getting into the pool. Yuk. Been there, never again.

Good luck,

Helena
Alway enjoy your replies and no personal abuse though , could spice them up some what.
All very true and have you a spa ? can see your point about kids ,
I see that you have heating also that explains 7months , but we found that because we where near coast the winds cooled us down and pool so it felt to cool to use.
As for water bills with out it ours are 30% less , with no topping up , back washing etc we use a lot less having one for 11 years you could not know differance.
Also good point about beach I was surpised how few people bother with beach unless temps are above 38c.
We did same as with pool installation in the new house we had built the sand ruined everything including wood floor.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Alway enjoy your replies and no personal abuse though , could spice them up some what.
I prefer an even approach to people's replies. People want information, not emotion which is completely useless for a wannabe migrant since there are vast differences in every human being on this planet. I also prefer to not go to either extreme - insults/disparagement, nor skipping thru the daisies singing tra la la la. Sorry if my posts aren't spicy enough for you. Maybe try reading them while chomping on a chili if you want spicy.

All very true and have you a spa ?
Never had one but have been in many at friend's houses (more out of politeness than enjoyment), also in holiday places. The only time I appreciated one was after skiing at Whistler, Canada, when my toes were blue and so was everything else. Ten minutes later I had enough. Can't stand being in them longer than that, I tend to overheat as I seem to have an internal thermonuclear reactor (or so my husband says since I'm always so nice to cuddle up to in bed on those cool nights).

I see that you have heating also that explains 7months , but we found that because we where near coast the winds cooled us down and pool so it felt to cool to use.
7 months minimum, maybe getting up to 8. Depends on how much you really enjoy the pool and want to use it. Kids definitely enjoy it longer than me. We're 1km from coast, and when the wind blows during the late afternoons, it's warmer in the pool than outside, so we stay in. A bit bracing when you eventually do get out though!

As for water bills with out it ours are 30% less , with no topping up , back washing etc we use a lot less having one for 11 years you could not know differance.
Why couldn't I know the difference? Compared water bills, no more usage than before pool. In fact, a teeny bit less. That solar blanket really keeps the water evaporation down a lot. Didn't have one for first two weeks and could almost watch the water go up into the atmosphere. Not just sun, but wind. Combination is the worst water waster. Very little topping up too. We always have buckets and plastic containers around our sinks so that when we're waiting for the hot water to come through, we fill up containers/buckets and put that in the pool.

Also good point about beach I was surpised how few people bother with beach unless temps are above 38c.
We did same as with pool installation in the new house we had built the sand ruined everything including wood floor.
I avoid the beach when temps are above 38. Sand too hot and sun too draining. Luckily we don't get that many of those days. I have a different opinion about beach usage than you. It seems higher around here, at lower temperatures. The other day, it was 20 and there were dozens around Sorrento. Probably just those who are desperate for the beach again after the "long" winter.

Good luck,

Helena
Old Sep 11th 2002, 3:44 am
Banned

Compared water bills, no more usage than before pool. In fact, a teeny bit less.

Good luck,

Helena
Great post again Helena we will have to agree to disagree about water , I think water has become very exspensive over last few years and can produce excess water bill before and after pool we did pay about 30% more maybe I backwashed to offen, keeping gardern green was another big waste of water.
Now you have me guessing are you local girl or a dreaded POM ,if you are local born and have been Canada I would say you are a teacher .
If I beg you will please abuse me? , got so used to it it seems unnatural not to be, some here use abuse as their only arguemant and offer little else.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Sep 11th 2002 at 3:56 am.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Great post again Helena we will have to agree to disagree about water , I think water has becoe very exspensive over last few years and can produce excess water bill before and after pool we did pay about 30% more , keeping gardern green was another big waste of water.
Now you have me guessing are you local girl or a dreaded POM ,if you are local born and have been Canada I would say you are a teacher .
Local girl. Lived half my life in Canada. Back 3 years in Perth with Canadian husband and kids. We all enjoy it very much. We also all miss some things about our former home but are quite content to stay. It's a good time in our lives to live here, just as it was a good time to be living in Canada when we did. The kids love the opportunity to live in a different country, as I did. I think anybody who has the chance to live elsewhere, should take it, even if for only a few years. Lord knows a few people around here could certainly benefit from a stint overseas.

"Dreaded" Pom? I don't dread Poms. Know quite a few, and have some living nearby. They're not dreadful at all

If I beg you will please abuse me? , got so used to it it seems unnatural not to be.
Nope. You can beg til the cows come home. Abusing someone is not in my nature. Sorry.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 4:33 am
Banned

eas.

"Dreaded" Pom? I don't dread Poms. Know quite a few, and have some living nearby. They're not dreadful at all

Nope. You can beg til the cows come home. Abusing someone is not in my nature. Sorry.
You are far too nice for a local , still got to do some work now been good chatting to you.
Its good to know that you are open minded to the dreaded Pom should be more like you.
Best Wishes
Old Sep 11th 2002, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Helena

Can i just say thanks for all that info- i will print it off and keep it in my file for future use. I hope i can thank you in person one day. Do you live near Sorrento? That is a little pricely for us but you never know!
Please carry on with the info as it is invaulable to people that have little to no expereince in the area.

From
Nicky
x

Local girl. Lived half my life in Canada. Back 3 years in Perth with Canadian husband and kids. We all enjoy it very much. We also all miss some things about our former home but are quite content to stay. It's a good time in our lives to live here, just as it was a good time to be living in Canada when we did. The kids love the opportunity to live in a different country, as I did. I think anybody who has the chance to live elsewhere, should take it, even if for only a few years. Lord knows a few people around here could certainly benefit from a stint overseas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.