Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hooray -no theory test in WA!!

Wikiposts

Hooray -no theory test in WA!!

Old May 10th 2005, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Default Hooray -no theory test in WA!!

Just to let everyone know that you don't have to sit any kind of driving or theory test if you hold a UK driving licence (in WA). It was the best news I'd had all week. Small downside is that it costs $120 for 5 years.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:26 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Hooray -no theory test in WA!!

Originally Posted by AliMay
Just to let everyone know that you don't have to sit any kind of driving or theory test if you hold a UK driving licence (in WA). It was the best news I'd had all week. Small downside is that it costs $120 for 5 years.
Why is it that people are so concerned about taking the driving tests again?

Is this because they think they were lucky to have passed it in the first place?

I may upset some people now but I am all for the re-taking of tests say every five years or so. There are far too many people that are driving around now in the UK that should definitely not be on the road.

You get the people with no road sense at all that got their licence off the back of a Cornflake packet!

You get people that swear that they don't need glass'...........well you do!

The people that really annoy me are the ones that cannot turn their head far enough around to look back over their shoulders! They move there whole body to one side and then move back and just pull out ! ! !

They don't seem to think that by the time thay have sat back comfortably the car that was a mile away doing 60mph is now within feet of them, inches even! :scared:

Makes my blood boil ! ! !

Sorry, but thats my moan for the day.

R.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:31 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hooray -no theory test in WA!!

Originally Posted by Carruss

Is this because they think they were lucky to have passed it in the first place?

I may upset some people now but I am all for the re-taking of tests say every five years or so. There are far too many people that are driving around now in the UK that should definitely not be on the road.

You get the people with no road sense at all that got their licence off the back of a Cornflake packet!

The people that really annoy me are the ones that cannot turn their head far enough around to look back over their shoulders! They move there whole body to one side and then move back and just pull out ! ! !

They don't seem to think that by the time thay have sat back comfortably the car that was a mile away doing 60mph is now within feet of them, inches even! :scared:

R.
I'm an excellent driver , excellent driver
Old May 10th 2005, 1:32 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I'm an excellent driver , excellent driver
Me too!

R.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

R.
Well said i reckon!!!!
booking my driving lessons next week :scared:

Claire
Old May 10th 2005, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

At 8am this morning some idiot ran into the back of my brand new car. It is off the road for 2 days and the paintwork will not be perfect. Bit of a downer.

I am a careful competent driver and I just felt relief at not having to sit a test. I don't post that often and I thought I might cheer someone up at not hainv to sit a test they didn't need to. Didn't appreciate the whinge - another downer.

Old May 10th 2005, 1:37 am
I am not the Messiah!

At 8am this morning some idiot ran into the back of my brand new car. It is off the road for 2 days and the paintwork will not be perfect. Bit of a downer.

I am a careful competent driver and I just felt relief at not having to sit a test. I don't post that often and I thought I might cheer someone up at not hainv to sit a test they didn't need to. Didn't appreciate the whinge - another downer.

Sorry!

R.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:40 am

If the bodyshop fixing your new car cant get the paint right then take it some where that can. Insurance is ment to put you back where you were b4 the crash .
I had a car sprayed 4 times b4 it looked right, dont let them fob you off.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Sorry!

R.
accepted Thanks!
Old May 10th 2005, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Perthforme
If the bodyshop fixing your new car cant get the paint right then take it some where that can. Insurance is ment to put you back where you were b4 the crash .
I had a car sprayed 4 times b4 it looked right, dont let them fob you off.
Believe me I wanted the lot done but have been persuaded by
the 2 panel painters I took it to that the plastic wheel arches are almost impossible to replace and get the colour right. Much better to touch up whats there. It does help that it was another parent at school that did it (she's a pal)
Old May 10th 2005, 1:47 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Must admit it is a relief knowing there's no test to go through, but I think will still swot up on my highway code (or whatever they call it over there)
Old May 10th 2005, 1:50 am

Believe me I wanted the lot done but have been persuaded by
the 2 panel painters I took it to that the plastic wheel arches are almost impossible to replace and get the colour right. Much better to touch up whats there. It does help that it was another parent at school that did it (she's a pal)
Belive me i have worked in the motor trade it should look A1 when done if they are good at there job.

Like many trades there are lots of cowboys and sadly less thats excell at there trade. fact of life
Old May 10th 2005, 1:51 am
Go Banana's !!

Hubby got away with it too, as the law changed after Dec 04.

Personally I think this is quite wrong. The road layouts here are different from the UK and there are different road rules.

I have to keep telling Warren what the rules are !! The 'give way to the right rule' can sometimes be confusing if the car is coming off a slip on a dual carriageway on the other side of the road, there are certain rules about 'u' turns and changing lanes when turning right (that one got me on the test, the book was wrong!! but the tester said tough).

Sorry rant over

Jill

Old May 10th 2005, 1:54 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Jill, is there a highway code type thing on line anywhere?
Old May 10th 2005, 1:56 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by bridiej
Jill, is there a highway code type thing on line anywhere?
Yes, there are test questions on-line, someone will know the website! 'fraid I don't

The book is available from the WA Police

Jill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.