Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Wikiposts

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 9:59 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rumbletum
Congratulations Vee How long did you have to wait and why do you have to be there for March next year. I had heard from other sources that you had a year from granting of visas to get yourselves over there. OMG now I am worried.. Still I will cross that bridge when I come to it... if we ever do!!
Good Luck, you still have around 6 months to enjoy the sudden cold spell

Well, this is what is confusing me.

DIMIA received our information on 03/03/03. Our police checks didn't come through until 14/04/03. Our medicals weren't done until sometime in the summer. And yeah, it's a year from getting your medicals or police checks - not the actual visa.

I could have heard wrong - like I said it was 6.45am when our immigration lawyer called. I'm use to listening to the dulcit (sp?) tones of John Humphreys at that time, not a mad Scottish woman calling from Sydney (she's an ex-pat herself). She is putting the letter in the post for us so will double check it when I get it next week.

So, in answer to your question it has taken us 6 months and 21 days. But, we first started the whole process in October 2002 when we first wrote off the ACS to get Mr Vee's job assessed. So, just under a year all in all. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:05 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Great news

All the best for Oz!!

TT

Originally posted by Vee
We got a phone call at 6.45am today from our immigration lawyer in Sydney.

WE'VE GOT OUR VISA'S!!! She said "I didn't think you would mind being woken up at this hour for some good news"

She was right!

Can't stop smiling now! We have to be in Australia before March 5th 2004 - oh that's a shame!

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!

V
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

horrah for you

exciting isnt it

arlene
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

well done.

Debs
Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:07 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Vee

WE'VE GOT OUR VISA'S!!! She said "I didn't think you would mind being woken up at this hour for some good news"

She was right!

Can't stop smiling now! We have to be in Australia before March 5th 2004 - oh that's a shame!

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!

V
Vee
Well Done great news. Are you ready to leave, sold the house etc?.
Good luck for the future.

Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news Vee. What a wake up call that must have been!!

Run around like a headless chicken for the next few weeks, that should ease some of the sress.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

well done vee!

all the very best

ellen1
Old Sep 24th 2003, 10:53 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your well wishes.

Haven't sold the house or anything yet <mental note to self: call Estate Agents today>.

Mr Vee and I sat down last night and went over everything that needs to be done before we set sail. There is lots and lots.

Just wish I could finish work today!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Vee

She was right!

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!

V
Belated congratulations V
would've posted earlier but couldn't access the site!
best wishes and what an early morning wake up call!
great news
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Well done and congratulations.

Whisky
Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, keep us posted with all the exciting info, i.e shipping costs, house sale etc, etc!!!!