45 kmh over $1559 (NSW)

45 kmh over $1559 (NSW)

Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 45 kmh over $1559 (NSW)

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregul.../speeding.html
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:42 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: 45 kmh over $1559 (NSW)

I'll probably get slated for this....but i reckon thats a good thing.

Speed limits are there for a reason in the end.

I have a friend (here in UK) who had an accident at a speed which was estimated (not sure how, skid marks etc i guess) at being over 110 miles an hour in her golf gti On the M6). It was at night, and she came accross an obstacle in the road, swerved and lost control due to the speed. Car was a write off. Luckily, she was fine, but the story could have been far different.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:46 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a full license you get 12 points. Public holiday time is double points time and police overtime.

Best not to speed in public holidays as the police are everywhere. Do states other than NSW do this as well?
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:49 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bondipom
If you have a full license you get 12 points. Public holiday time is double points time and police overtime.

Best not to speed in public holidays as the police are everywhere. Do states other than NSW do this as well?
I have heard they do this for drink driving in SA at xmas time....
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:55 am
Badge

Originally posted by PeteY
I have heard they do this for drink driving in SA at xmas time....
happens in WA as well. I had to keep telling my 6passsengers to belt up. Didn't want to lose my newly acquired license!!

Badgers

Old Sep 25th 2003, 12:10 pm
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

It all seems perfectly fair. Not sticking to speed limits seems to be a national obsession here in the UK (Oh, I can handle it / My car can handle it / You cant drive my 3l BMW at only 30mph blah blah blah bullshit), which is no good to the poor kid that accidentally steps out in front of you.

Stick to the rules, and the level of fixed fine penalties are irrelevant.

Lecture over.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 12:26 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

In parts of South Africa they have a magistrate parked up in a portakabin along with the traffic cops at the side of the road, who dish out fines and sentences to unfortunate motorists.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would be much better idea to target dangerous driving, those that drive two foot from bumper, those that swerve between lanes, use phones etc. rather than go for the easy target of people speeding.

In UK the first set of B****ds they want to target is traffic cops and police who drive to there own set of rules. No experience of them here yet.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:15 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by karawara88
Would be much better idea to target dangerous driving, those that drive two foot from bumper, those that swerve between lanes, use phones etc. rather than go for the easy target of people speeding.

In UK the first set of B****ds they want to target is traffic cops and police who drive to there own set of rules. No experience of them here yet.
I was behind the rozzers yesterday and they didn't indicate on two occasions - I had a good mind to pull them over
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:29 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by karawara88

Bravo. You are obviously one of the few people who have the insight to look further than the end of your nose.

Everyone jumps on the'speeding' bandwagon as if its some kind of cure-all. It's not, and impartial reseach demonstrates this point.

High speeds in a 'safe' environment, (ie weather, visibility, traffic factors taken into account) are not nearly as dangerous as the bad driving practices you describe. It is more difficult to detect and impose punishment to those who drive badly, but would produce more effective results if the effort was made by Plod.

The easily imposed, cash generating speeding fine, is, as you say, the easy target and consequently the preffered option...albeit a very short sighted one.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

was behind the rozzers yesterday and they didn't indicate on two occasions - I had a good mind to pull them over
Dont start me off. ! I went through a stage of photographing the scum. Round our way they would reguarly illegally park, reverse on roundabouts etc. You name it they did it, yet they spent the day pulling others.

One of the Traffic Cops used to hang out in the local and brag how they played snooker with speeding motorists, first a red then a colour. If you had a pink car you were screwed.
The easily imposed, cash generating speeding fine, is, as you say, the easy target and consequently the preffered option...albeit a very short sighted one.
Exactly its all to do with cash nothing to do with road saftey. If it was to do with saftey all accident black spots would have a camera.

Last edited by karawara88; Sep 25th 2003 at 1:33 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

Haven't they just brought in a 10mph limit somewhere in the UK?

Yeah right, revenue raising only. What good does fixation with speedo do? Would do better to bring in MOT for vehicles in WA.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:01 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Zebra4
Haven't they just brought in a 10mph limit somewhere in the UK?

Yeah...on the M25.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by chippy
Yeah...on the M25.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

need I say more ?
Attached Thumbnails 45 kmh over 59 (NSW)-speed-cam.jpg  

Last edited by Rossi; Sep 25th 2003 at 7:33 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.