British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Honesty in relationships (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/honesty-relationships-189558/)

DagBoy Nov 7th 2003 5:09 am

Honesty in relationships

I have been asked a difficult question about honesty in relationships by a friend. Since his partner will be applying for a prospective spouse visa I thought some of you might be able to help answer him. Here is his email in full:

Hi DagBoy,

As you know, my girlfriend xxxxx is currently in the UK, planning to come out here and join me on a prospective spouse visa next year. She has not met any of my extensive family yet and as you know they are a colourful bunch.

My big sister is working as a prostitute in Perth with my cousin and they are not doing too badly. My second sister is living in Adelaide, married to a drug dealer from Aukland.

At the moment I have no job and I am living off the dole in Melbourne - sharing a squat with my kid sister and looking after her 3 kids while she is at school.

When Mum gets out of prison next month, we are all (me, Mum, sis and the kids) planning on moving up to Brisbane. Possibly two of my sister's kid's fathers might come with us.

I am hoping to set up business pimping for Mum and my little sis and if that goes well we will get my big sis and my cousin to come and join us so we can all be together as a family again.

Naturally, I feel I ought to tell my girlfriend about my family and I don't want to hide anything from her, but I do not want to scare her off.

So,....my main question is.....

Should I tell her that my brother-in-law is a Kiwi?

:D

Pollyana Nov 7th 2003 5:13 am

:D :D :D :D

MrsDagboy Nov 7th 2003 6:14 am

Oh you shit, I thought "Gawd, he needs to ASK ON THE FORUM about honesty!?!?!? What the bloody hells happened!!?!?!?!?" & then when I started reading it I was wondering "who the bloody hell do we know thats got a g/f coming over on a spouse visa?" LOL

You know what you will get when you get home :D :p

steandleigh Nov 7th 2003 8:24 am

LOL!!!!:D

Was thinking - " OMG! - what a family! "

Now I get it!!!!!:D

Tazzy Nov 7th 2003 8:29 am

Good one Dagboy!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Tazzy;)

PeteY Nov 7th 2003 8:31 am

Originally posted by steandleigh
LOL!!!!:D

Was thinking - " OMG! - what a family! "

Now I get it!!!!!:D
lol very good :)

So is this the typical aussie family? I hope the wifes not keeping anything from me!!! :D

Andiii Nov 7th 2003 9:39 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

dibrucewillis Nov 7th 2003 12:15 pm

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

You know what you will get when you get home :D :p

And what exactly will that be Mrs Dagboy,dare I ask?

Diane;)

WBB Nov 7th 2003 12:17 pm

ha ha very good. :D

The Koalas Nov 7th 2003 4:18 pm

Re: Honesty in relationships

Originally posted by DagBoy
I have been asked a difficult question about honesty in relationships by a friend. Since his partner will be applying for a prospective spouse visa I thought some of you might be able to help answer him. Here is his email in full:

Hi DagBoy,

As you know, my girlfriend xxxxx is currently in the UK, planning to come out here and join me on a prospective spouse visa next year. She has not met any of my extensive family yet and as you know they are a colourful bunch.

My big sister is working as a prostitute in Perth with my cousin and they are not doing too badly. My second sister is living in Adelaide, married to a drug dealer from Aukland.

At the moment I have no job and I am living off the dole in Melbourne - sharing a squat with my kid sister and looking after her 3 kids while she is at school.

When Mum gets out of prison next month, we are all (me, Mum, sis and the kids) planning on moving up to Brisbane. Possibly two of my sister's kid's fathers might come with us.

I am hoping to set up business pimping for Mum and my little sis and if that goes well we will get my big sis and my cousin to come and join us so we can all be together as a family again.

Naturally, I feel I ought to tell my girlfriend about my family and I don't want to hide anything from her, but I do not want to scare her off.

Thanks a lot Dagboy, I sent you that email in confidence thinking you would help, did not think you would show everyone on here... Now they will all know my brother in law is a kiwi... Bloody embarassing..cheers!

sdwis Nov 7th 2003 5:26 pm

Re: Honesty in relationships

Originally posted by DagBoy

Hi DagBoy,

I heard that Jerry Springer show will be taping in Australia soon, have you contacted them yet with your story?

MrsDagboy Nov 7th 2003 8:56 pm

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
And what exactly will that be Mrs Dagboy, dare I ask?

Diane;)
I'll leave that to your imagination Diane ;).

LOL @ nicholls clan

Paul&Ann-Marie Nov 7th 2003 9:43 pm

ROFL

Someone else with a family like my own.

Paul

Paul&Ann-Marie Nov 7th 2003 9:49 pm

Tears in my eyes as i try to persude Ann-Marie you're not moving to brisbane to set up a whorehouse roflrofl

Paul

MrsDagboy Nov 8th 2003 8:05 am

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie

Tears in my eyes as i try to persude Ann-Marie you're not moving to brisbane to set up a whorehouse roflrofl

Paul
LOL should I ask, is she a blonde by any chance Paul? ;)