Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Honesty in relationships

Honesty in relationships

Old Nov 7th 2003, 5:09 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Honesty in relationships

I have been asked a difficult question about honesty in relationships by a friend. Since his partner will be applying for a prospective spouse visa I thought some of you might be able to help answer him. Here is his email in full:

Hi DagBoy,

As you know, my girlfriend xxxxx is currently in the UK, planning to come out here and join me on a prospective spouse visa next year. She has not met any of my extensive family yet and as you know they are a colourful bunch.

My big sister is working as a prostitute in Perth with my cousin and they are not doing too badly. My second sister is living in Adelaide, married to a drug dealer from Aukland.

At the moment I have no job and I am living off the dole in Melbourne - sharing a squat with my kid sister and looking after her 3 kids while she is at school.

When Mum gets out of prison next month, we are all (me, Mum, sis and the kids) planning on moving up to Brisbane. Possibly two of my sister's kid's fathers might come with us.

I am hoping to set up business pimping for Mum and my little sis and if that goes well we will get my big sis and my cousin to come and join us so we can all be together as a family again.

Naturally, I feel I ought to tell my girlfriend about my family and I don't want to hide anything from her, but I do not want to scare her off.

So,....my main question is.....

Should I tell her that my brother-in-law is a Kiwi?

Old Nov 7th 2003, 5:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you shit, I thought "Gawd, he needs to ASK ON THE FORUM about honesty!?!?!? What the bloody hells happened!!?!?!?!?" & then when I started reading it I was wondering "who the bloody hell do we know thats got a g/f coming over on a spouse visa?" LOL

You know what you will get when you get home
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!!!

Was thinking - " OMG! - what a family! "

Now I get it!!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good one Dagboy!!!!!!!!

Tazzy
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:31 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by steandleigh
LOL!!!!

Was thinking - " OMG! - what a family! "

Now I get it!!!!!
lol very good

So is this the typical aussie family? I hope the wifes not keeping anything from me!!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

You know what you will get when you get home

And what exactly will that be Mrs Dagboy,dare I ask?

Diane
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:17 pm
WBB

ha ha very good.

Old Nov 7th 2003, 4:18 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: Honesty in relationships

Originally posted by DagBoy
I have been asked a difficult question about honesty in relationships by a friend. Since his partner will be applying for a prospective spouse visa I thought some of you might be able to help answer him. Here is his email in full:

Hi DagBoy,

As you know, my girlfriend xxxxx is currently in the UK, planning to come out here and join me on a prospective spouse visa next year. She has not met any of my extensive family yet and as you know they are a colourful bunch.

My big sister is working as a prostitute in Perth with my cousin and they are not doing too badly. My second sister is living in Adelaide, married to a drug dealer from Aukland.

At the moment I have no job and I am living off the dole in Melbourne - sharing a squat with my kid sister and looking after her 3 kids while she is at school.

When Mum gets out of prison next month, we are all (me, Mum, sis and the kids) planning on moving up to Brisbane. Possibly two of my sister's kid's fathers might come with us.

I am hoping to set up business pimping for Mum and my little sis and if that goes well we will get my big sis and my cousin to come and join us so we can all be together as a family again.

Naturally, I feel I ought to tell my girlfriend about my family and I don't want to hide anything from her, but I do not want to scare her off.

Thanks a lot Dagboy, I sent you that email in confidence thinking you would help, did not think you would show everyone on here... Now they will all know my brother in law is a kiwi... Bloody embarassing..cheers!

Old Nov 7th 2003, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

sdwis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Honesty in relationships

Originally posted by DagBoy

Hi DagBoy,

I heard that Jerry Springer show will be taping in Australia soon, have you contacted them yet with your story?
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:56 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
And what exactly will that be Mrs Dagboy, dare I ask?

Diane
I'll leave that to your imagination Diane .

LOL @ nicholls clan
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

ROFL

Someone else with a family like my own.

Paul
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Tears in my eyes as i try to persude Ann-Marie you're not moving to brisbane to set up a whorehouse roflrofl

Paul
Old Nov 8th 2003, 8:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie

Tears in my eyes as i try to persude Ann-Marie you're not moving to brisbane to set up a whorehouse roflrofl

Paul
LOL should I ask, is she a blonde by any chance Paul?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.