Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Home Prices UK on the way UP

Home Prices UK on the way UP

Old Jun 17th 2003, 4:41 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Home Prices UK on the way UP

No could be the other way you refuees are heading down under to rampant price rises in homes while trying to flog a dead horse.
I hope soon to be a buyer so name a price and the likes of me will take it off your hands if you discount it by a few quid , after all you need to escape and beggers are not in a strong position.

House prices are expected to fall by as much as 30% over the next few years, according to a report by an economic consultancy.
We cannot have the nice, gentle slowdown in house prices that some are predicting because things have got too over-stretched

Sabina Kalyan
Capital Economics

Capital Economics said that houses were substantially overvalued and there would be a sharp "correction" which could trigger a recession in the UK.

The report's author Sabina Kalyan said that she expected prices to fall by a fifth over the next four years.

But she said: "In the absolute worst-case scenario prices could fall by 30%.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2577069.stm

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 17th 2003 at 4:45 am.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 5:56 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Home Prices UK on the way UP

Originally posted by pommie bastard
No could be the other way you refuees are heading down under to rampant price rises in homes while trying to flog a dead horse.
I hope soon to be a buyer so name a price and the likes of me will take it off your hands if you discount it by a few quid , after all you need to escape and beggers are not in a strong position.

House prices are expected to fall by as much as 30% over the next few years, according to a report by an economic consultancy.
We cannot have the nice, gentle slowdown in house prices that some are predicting because things have got too over-stretched

Sabina Kalyan
Capital Economics

Capital Economics said that houses were substantially overvalued and there would be a sharp "correction" which could trigger a recession in the UK.

The report's author Sabina Kalyan said that she expected prices to fall by a fifth over the next four years.

But she said: "In the absolute worst-case scenario prices could fall by 30%.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2577069.stm

Want something actual to crow about or are you just the silly old fart you sound. Put your money on house price futures, lets us know the strike price then we'll watch you crow or croak:

City Index
Old Jun 17th 2003, 6:04 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Want something actual to crow about or are you just the silly old fart you sound. Put your money on house price futures, lets us know the strike price then we'll watch you crow or croak:

City Index

Been down under too long Pal , location costs but what ever the price some places are worth more than others .
My hovel here is not worth the sand its built on to me.

Old Jun 17th 2003, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

PB you have got a valid point once again.
The UK house prices are a worry to all sellers and a dream to future buyers.
I for one have a house for sale that may interest you.

3 Bedroom detached bugalow standing in 6.3 acres.
4 Stables, Menage, Tack room & Barn.
make me an offer but not a silly one.

Must be over £750.

Tony C
Old Jun 17th 2003, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Pomm you know even without your posts we here this every single day about house prices somewhere on one of the news channels. Every day for the past year. Ok they may drop but give us a chance their only just going up here in Scotland so move back here and you'll get yourself a bargain.

But not at the moment as it is a different system up here, you can be at present 20k outbidded on a house or flat. As I know of 5 different people looking in different areas for different style houses and every one of them is in the same scenerio, best bet to buy a new house up here at a fixed price although the Scottish builders in Glasgow and Edinburgh have cottoned on to this and are now asking people to put in offers instead....cunning and looks like no one will get a house.

Tent poles to the ready. On that note people are also camping overnight and even 2 nights for first refusal on the houses my hubby builds.

When these analyst talk as per your post they only really talk about London and surrounding areas, how can prices fall 30% if they haven't really increased as sharply as London maybe just 4- 10%. No 50k increase on ahouse value in 3 months it just doesn't really happen here apart from Edinburgh and that was because of the new Scottish Parliment prices just went beserk, but is a beautiful city to live.

I shall just get my wheely bin cleared out for my return from Oz one day.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 7:44 am
NZ bound Jan 04

monkeyman1 is an unknown quantity at this point

They have been saying that 3 times a week for the last 4 years but they keep on gouing up. Mine has by £10k already this year, slower than last but still going up.

Steve
Old Jun 17th 2003, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Originally posted by crabtree

Must be over £750.

Tony C

i'll give you a grand !!! ;-)
and I can pay cash...

cheers

richard
Old Jun 17th 2003, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by r.bartlett
i'll give you a grand !!! ;-)
and I can pay cash...

cheers

richard

SOLD

(unless PB can do better)

Tony C
Old Jun 17th 2003, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

hey you're not trying to get me guzumpted are you??

cheers
richard
Old Jun 17th 2003, 8:22 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Been down under too long Pal , location costs but what ever the price some places are worth more than others .

Obviously you would not know what a house price futures contract is even if it could bite you on the bum. Again nothing but Pommie Bastard Bull Poop and more blather bother.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 4:32 am
Banned

Must be over £750.

Tony C
The joys of living in the sticks in the UK , your ranch sounds far too much work for me .
The thing that interests me is you are not the first poster from the UK to count his land in ACRES here in suburbian Perth try 700sq metres or less , the UK is as some have said way over crowded , is it because you lot bought up all the land?

Old Jun 18th 2003, 4:38 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Obviously you would not know what a house price futures contract is even if it could bite you on the bum. Again nothing but Pommie Bastard Bull Poop and more blather bother.
Greed is good and Futures are for those who live by it .

Old Jun 18th 2003, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

SOLD

(unless PB can do better)

Tony C
No PB cannot do better like he said

Unquote

I wonder what sort of hovel he'll be able to buy in Kniver.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 5:09 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
No PB cannot do better like he said

Unquote

I wonder what sort of hovel he'll be able to buy in Kniver.
Nice you care?

Old Jun 18th 2003, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

The joys of living in the sticks in the UK , your ranch sounds far too much work for me .
The thing that interests me is you are not the first poster from the UK to count his land in ACRES here in suburbian Perth try 700sq metres or less , the UK is as some have said way over crowded , is it because you lot bought up all the land?

What a TIT you are, comparing rural UK to suburban Perth
you wont find many suburbs in UK with 700 sqm , Its a good job your leaving soon as you have used up all your credibilty rations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.