Reload this Page >

Home loan approval-Australia

Home loan approval-Australia

Old Oct 15th 2007, 6:00 am
Banned

lark_lrk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Home loan approval-Australia

Hi everyone

Can a new migrant get a home loan approval right away if able to pay a 20% deposit for the house? Or would I have to wait till I get a job and work there for some time before getting approved for a home loan ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ? Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Re: Home loan approval-Australia

My bank told me that I should come talk to them once I have started work.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by lark_lrk
Hi everyone

Can a new migrant get a home loan approval right away if able to pay a 20% deposit for the house? Or would I have to wait till I get a job and work there for some time before getting approved for a home loan ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ? Thanks

Hi

I was of the understanding that you can get a "Low Doc" loan anytime as long as you have 40%. Low Doc loans are useful if you dont have accounts/wage slip for a whole year. Im not sure about 20% I thought is was 40%.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulhill
Hi

I was of the understanding that you can get a "Low Doc" loan anytime as long as you have 40%. Low Doc loans are useful if you dont have accounts/wage slip for a whole year. Im not sure about 20% I thought is was 40%.
If you go to a broker you will get mortgage straight away, and pay a much higher interest rate!!! Wait until you have a few pay slips and then go and see your loca bank.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:31 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

We have had a mortgage approved with our bank. We are paying a 20% deposit and just had to give the bank copies of our work contracts with our stated salaries.

Jackie
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

If your deposit is less than 20% the bank will require you to pay lenders insurance. It has nothing to do with whether you have a job or not.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
If your deposit is less than 20% the bank will require you to pay lenders insurance. It has nothing to do with whether you have a job or not.

Hi

The Commonwealth wont lend anyone any money unless they have a job or payslips. Which Bank will lend you 80% without a job? Also how much is lenders insurance and is you rate not a lot higher?

Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

The Commonwealth wont lend anyone any money unless they have a job or payslips. Which Bank will lend you 80% without a job? Also how much is lenders insurance and is you rate not a lot higher?

Thanks

I think it depends on how much you have to put down. We waited until my OH had a job before we bought, and a lot of them wouldn't lend us anything until he had finished his probation period at his work.

I do know some people that have been able to get approval on arriving though. One had something like 70% deposit (lucky buggers ) and the other only had a job offer.

I guess a lot also depends on the broker, the first one we used was useless and couldn't get us anything even after the probation period had finished (took him 6 weeks to tell us too ) but the one we switched to got us one within 24 hours.

Our mortgage insurance was somewhere around $3000 on a $225k loan. They add it to the mortgage.

I will recommend these guys for people to have a talk to. I know they have a branch in SA and also in NSW's, I'm sure they also do other states though. http://www.acquiredhomeloans.com.au/...3ef01efa017181
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
I think it depends on how much you have to put down. We waited until my OH had a job before we bought, and a lot of them wouldn't lend us anything until he had finished his probation period at his work.

I do know some people that have been able to get approval on arriving though. One had something like 70% deposit (lucky buggers ) and the other only had a job offer.

I guess a lot also depends on the broker, the first one we used was useless and couldn't get us anything even after the probation period had finished (took him 6 weeks to tell us too ) but the one we switched to got us one within 24 hours.

Our mortgage insurance was somewhere around $3000 on a $225k loan. They add it to the mortgage.

I will recommend these guys for people to have a talk to. I know they have a branch in SA and also in NSW's, I'm sure they also do other states though. http://www.acquiredhomeloans.com.au/...3ef01efa017181

Hi Wendy

I dont need a mortgage, I was just told this information from the Commonwealth when we first arrived. I was only try to help someone else. I still cant believe a bank will give you a mortgage without a job!!! You learn something new every day.

Thanks Sue