Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

holiday rental perth,renting and then buying/uk selling,renting

holiday rental perth,renting and then buying/uk selling,renting

Old Dec 16th 2012, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default holiday rental perth,renting and then buying/uk selling,renting

Myself,wife and baby at the time about 8/9 months will be finally moving to australia in perth,we will not have any rental sorted out before we go as i believe you can get that until your over there.
So what do most of you do when you first arrive there,i hear that holiday rentals for first weeks etc are often used,until you find a place to rent.
Anyone know of places that offer this,anyone on here who offers such places and any contacts etc.
Also the best places to find and look for rentals,this will probably be our next move to rent and then when we are settled and i have a job etc etc then buy our own place.
So when you renting over there how does it all work?
It would be nice to have a place with a pool,renting and also when we finally buy,must be a british thing.
I have my own place here in the uk so i hear reference are a good thing to have when trying to rent over there,but i have never rented but owned my own place.
So any ideas what i do here?

I also plan on trying to sell my place here in the uk,problem is im leaving it a little late now to try and sell,so might have to rent it out and maybe later on sell it,is there something in the uk that you can rent to buy or while your renting still have it for sale,to be honest that person in the home could reck it putting buyer off.

I purchased my place 20yrs ago so a newbie to the selling,renting of uk property any advise on this also would be great.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:51 am
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of
Default Re: holiday rental perth,renting and then buying/uk selling,renting

Ozhouserental and aussiemove have furnished rentals then look on realestate for a long term rental.

Last edited by JAK; Dec 17th 2012 at 6:54 am.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

When are you arriving? School holidays are quite busy... Also, where in Perth are you planning ? it's a widespread place ....
Old Dec 26th 2012, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by eddie007
When are you arriving? School holidays are quite busy... Also, where in Perth are you planning ? it's a widespread place ....
not sure about may 2013,anyother sites
Old Dec 26th 2012, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
not sure about may 2013,anyother sites
Ozstays and wotif

May should be pretty safe
Old Dec 27th 2012, 11:30 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Myself,wife and baby at the time about 8/9 months will be finally moving to australia in perth,we will not have any rental sorted out before we go as i believe you can get that until your over there.
So what do most of you do when you first arrive there,i hear that holiday rentals for first weeks etc are often used,until you find a place to rent.
Anyone know of places that offer this,anyone on here who offers such places and any contacts etc.
Also the best places to find and look for rentals,this will probably be our next move to rent and then when we are settled and i have a job etc etc then buy our own place.
So when you renting over there how does it all work?
It would be nice to have a place with a pool,renting and also when we finally buy,must be a british thing.
I have my own place here in the uk so i hear reference are a good thing to have when trying to rent over there,but i have never rented but owned my own place.
So any ideas what i do here?

I also plan on trying to sell my place here in the uk,problem is im leaving it a little late now to try and sell,so might have to rent it out and maybe later on sell it,is there something in the uk that you can rent to buy or while your renting still have it for sale,to be honest that person in the home could reck it putting buyer off.

I purchased my place 20yrs ago so a newbie to the selling,renting of uk property any advise on this also would be great.
Hi there
If you are renting out your UK home, I recommend Landlords insurance. We used Letsure for many years.
http://www.letsure.co.uk/

Get an NRL1 from for the tax office. That way you'll receive 100% of the rent, without the form the rental agent must (by law) deduct income tax from the rent.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/nr_landlords.htm

Check out British gas Home Care to cover all your plumbing, electrics, central heating etc.
We had the central heating control pack up last year and the boiler before that... Well worth the money.
http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products...nk_id=imm10010

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products...nk_id=imm10016

I know it's hard to find an area to live if you don't know the suburbs, but use www.realestate.com.au and check out the rentals. You will then at least get to see what you will get (depending on locations) for $400, $500, $600 etc etc

Expect to pay at least $500 per week for something nice with a pool, but that will rise dramatically depending on the locations.
An example I can give, when we arrived in 2006 we rented a house which when we moved in was $475 per week. 4 years later it was $650 per week, I have recently seen the same house on the internet for $825 per week!

Do you have kids? Pick your suburb VERY carefully so you get the right school for your child. You must live (in most cases) within the catchment area of the school for your child to be registered with the school.
Here a good site to get school info - http://www.myschool.edu.au/

You can move into the school catchment area, get your kids into the school and then buy outside the area.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Hi there
If you are renting out your UK home, I recommend Landlords insurance. We used Letsure for many years.

Get an NRL1 from for the tax office. That way you'll receive 100% of the rent, without the form the rental agent must (by law) deduct income tax from the rent.

Check out British gas Home Care to cover all your plumbing, electrics, central heating etc.
We had the central heating control pack up last year and the boiler before that... Well worth the money.

I know it's hard to find an area to live if you don't know the suburbs, but use www.realestate.com.au and check out the rentals. You will then at least get to see what you will get (depending on locations) for $400, $500, $600 etc etc

Expect to pay at least $500 per week for something nice with a pool, but that will rise dramatically depending on the locations.
An example I can give, when we arrived in 2006 we rented a house which when we moved in was $475 per week. 4 years later it was $650 per week, I have recently seen the same house on the internet for $825 per week!

Do you have kids? Pick your suburb VERY carefully so you get the right school for your child. You must live (in most cases) within the catchment area of the school for your child to be registered with the school.

You can move into the school catchment area, get your kids into the school and then buy outside the area.
Thanks for the above,might come in handly if i end up renting my place out
Old Dec 28th 2012, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

so are these the only website that have holiday/short term lets,i thought there be much more than these:

ozhouserental
aussiemove
ozstays
wotif

I now have my flights booked for 2013 and will be looking to get something for the short term for our arrival,and then look for something more long term so any more sites etc would be great
Old Dec 28th 2012, 9:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

so are these the only website that have holiday/short term lets,i thought there be much more than these:

ozhouserental
aussiemove
ozstays
wotif

I now have my flights booked for 2013 and will be looking to get something for the short term for our arrival,and then look for something more long term so any more sites etc would be great
Here, let me google that for you...

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=....1.z0g5G7hT9B0
Old Dec 29th 2012, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

in regards to people who first arrive in australia and look for a short term let how long do you guys normally get one for,is two weeks enough?do you find more time is needed or its enough time,i would be looking to apply for long term rental soon after arrival and having a short term would be just what we needed to get us settled on our arrival.
I see the prices can range and i suppose depends on the time of year etc but i beleive the long term rentals will end up being he cheaper option on the long run,as short term is really only just for when you arrive,what would you say is a good price on a weeks stay in a short stay place,i have a place in mind and im not sure if its a lot or about right.
what sort of money did you guys pay out per night,week etc etc when you first arrived.
We do have a cousin and aunt and would be cool if our cousin put us up for a bit but cant see that happening.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 7:06 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

in regards to people who first arrive in australia and look for a short term let how long do you guys normally get one for,is two weeks enough?do you find more time is needed or its enough time,i would be looking to apply for long term rental soon after arrival and having a short term would be just what we needed to get us settled on our arrival.
I see the prices can range and i suppose depends on the time of year etc but i beleive the long term rentals will end up being he cheaper option on the long run,as short term is really only just for when you arrive,what would you say is a good price on a weeks stay in a short stay place,i have a place in mind and im not sure if its a lot or about right.
what sort of money did you guys pay out per night,week etc etc when you first arrived.
We do have a cousin and aunt and would be cool if our cousin put us up for a bit but cant see that happening.
I have booked a holiday let for 4 weeks at $600 week - don't know if thats good / bad / average but we liked the look of the place and location. We booked our place back in october and found then that places we being booked ahead of us so good luck
Old Dec 29th 2012, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I have booked a holiday let for 4 weeks at $600 week - don't know if thats good / bad / average but we liked the look of the place and location. We booked our place back in october and found then that places we being booked ahead of us so good luck
I liked the look of a place but it was more than this,and i found that average prices was around this and more,but my wife reminded me about my timeshares so im looking into this for now,if i have weeks available for next year i can maybe use them and take the use of my weeks,which i would have two,maybe this five us enough time to find long term rental or we can always book an extra week where we are at or somewhere else.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

You need more time, with the permanent rentals they advertise them for a few weeks then have the viewing day (you can only rent through a real estate agent by attending the viewing and collecting the application) then they process your app. etc.
You can rent privately, but many pitfalls with Landlords that won't do repairs etc.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the look of a place but it was more than this,and i found that average prices was around this and more,but my wife reminded me about my timeshares so im looking into this for now,if i have weeks available for next year i can maybe use them and take the use of my weeks,which i would have two,maybe this five us enough time to find long term rental or we can always book an extra week where we are at or somewhere else.
Timeshares? What timeshares where? Totally confused
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

So what did you use letsure for?to get insurance i see they dont give you prices are they ok?
I might not have time to sell my home i have one person i need to try that said was interested,if they are great but if not then im going to have to look into renting.
You seem to know about it with giving me all this links,so when renting do i need to get a estate agent to deal with it while im in oz,if so what do they do for there money,are they worth it and what % do they normally take,my parents are still here but they are in the 70s so really would not want to put this on there shoulders,so any advise on this would be great.
So say i rented this while im in oz and say a year later i wanted to sell it,is this possible with still being in oz?
So this insurance i take there are others who offer this sort of insurance why these?
Whats the nrl 1 form about? also i maybe wrong but is there not issues by renting and making money from my home in uk while im living in oz if so what,do i get taxed over there or something

You gave me links there to british gas on had cover for everything really including plumbing and you gave another link just on plumbing is the one with it included with other stuff not the same?

Not regarding my renting of house you say when in oz to get house in the catchment area of the school what did you mean by that?my girl is only 9 months old so a bit of time yet before she is going to that,but if we have not purchased our own place by then what did you mean about getting her into school then getting a house outside area.

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Hi there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.