Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday to Perth WA

Holiday to Perth WA

Old May 7th 2011, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Little Lisa 1971 will become famous soon enough
Smile Holiday to Perth WA

Well my head is battered trying to work out were to stay while on our validation trip and for how long!! We are flying on the 9th December and staying in Perth till the 29th December then onto Singapore for 3 nights. As its Christmas the availability is a bit of a nightmare

I'm hoping some of you lovely ladies and gentlemen can give me a bit of advice on the best places to stay. We are going split our time either side of Perth so half NOR and half SOR checking out houses, jobs, subs etc.

SOR we are looking at either The Sebel or Seashells in Mandurah........which is the nicest?
NOR we are looking at either Sorrento Beach Resort or Hillarys Harbour Resort...........which is nicest?

Forgot to say we are a family of four including two children aged 12 & 16yrs so the accommodation need to be family friendly.

Thanks in advance x
Old May 7th 2011, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice
Default Re: Holiday to Perth WA

We stayed at the Seashells resort in Mandurah when we visited in 2008 and it was lovely, we had a 2 bed apartment and there was a fully fitted kitchen, etc and plenty of room for us all for 3 weeks, we also visited Hillarys for a day out and it was lovely too. Hope this helps.
Celia
Old May 7th 2011, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hillarys beach resort has cafes,restaurants,shops,play area and beaches.The apartments are nice.Your 12 and 16 year old could wonder out and look around and have some freedom.The sorrento ones are across the road from them.I would go for the Hillary ones.
Old May 7th 2011, 10:11 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Its probably too late, but have you considered furnished holiday apartments instead of hotels?
If it were me, I'd also try and get some time "central"; you have picked the two extremes. Maybe a week in Freo? i.e. one week north, one middle, one south?

I recently stayed in the Sebel for business. Great location, very central for everything (all walking) but just a hotel so if you wanted a quite night slobbing as family with a pizza in front of the excellent Australian TV, the Sebel wouldn't be my choice (but lovely modern hotel)
Hence my suggestion of an apartment. 3 weeks is a long time to be out every night.
Old May 7th 2011, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

edmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Its probably too late, but have you considered furnished holiday apartments instead of hotels?
If it were me, I'd also try and get some time "central"; you have picked the two extremes. Maybe a week in Freo? i.e. one week north, one middle, one south?

I recently stayed in the Sebel for business. Great location, very central for everything (all walking) but just a hotel so if you wanted a quite night slobbing as family with a pizza in front of the excellent Australian TV, the Sebel wouldn't be my choice (but lovely modern hotel)
Hence my suggestion of an apartment. 3 weeks is a long time to be out every night.
Hillary's isn't exactly "extreme" north like Mandurah in the south. I would skip Mandurah altogether, too far away from Perth in my oppinion, but of course it all depends on personal preferences.
Old May 7th 2011, 12:43 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Lisa 1971
Well my head is battered trying to work out were to stay while on our validation trip and for how long!! We are flying on the 9th December and staying in Perth till the 29th December then onto Singapore for 3 nights. As its Christmas the availability is a bit of a nightmare

I'm hoping some of you lovely ladies and gentlemen can give me a bit of advice on the best places to stay. We are going split our time either side of Perth so half NOR and half SOR checking out houses, jobs, subs etc.

SOR we are looking at either The Sebel or Seashells in Mandurah........which is the nicest?
NOR we are looking at either Sorrento Beach Resort or Hillarys Harbour Resort...........which is nicest?

Forgot to say we are a family of four including two children aged 12 & 16yrs so the accommodation need to be family friendly.

Thanks in advance x
Seashells is nice, very modern and clean, we stayed there 2 years ago and loved it. They have apartments and then in front of those and right on the beach, smaller villas. All really nice.

I live near Hillarys Boat Harbour, I'd say the Boat Harbour would be better than the Sorrento Beach Resort. You are right in the harbour, might get a better sea view in the Sorrento Beach resort, though there is a road between you and the beach.

Good luck.
Neil.
Old May 7th 2011, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Little Lisa 1971 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EvannTel

Thanks for all your comments, I think NOR our two choices sound great but what about SOR can anyone suggest somewhere SOR not as far as Mandurah that has nice 2 bedroom apartments? Maybe in Fremantle or Rockingham?? Thanks
Old May 7th 2011, 2:04 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Lisa 1971
Thanks for all your comments, I think NOR our two choices sound great but what about SOR can anyone suggest somewhere SOR not as far as Mandurah that has nice 2 bedroom apartments? Maybe in Fremantle or Rockingham?? Thanks
http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodatio...erth/fremantle

Try these places. :-)

http://www.stayz.com.au/67445 NICE!!