Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

holiday accom gold coast

holiday accom gold coast

Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Default holiday accom gold coast

Has anyone ever stayed on the Gold Coast for their holidays? Any ideas for accommodation for 3 nights with 3 kids 14, 11 and 5. We are just finalising our rekkie trip for April and have decided to spend the last 3 nights on Gold Coast to show the kids some tourist sites? (hopefully bribe the eldest on what he could have on his doorstep when we move)!!! Where is nicer to stay is it Surfers, Main Beach or any other ideas?
Thanks guys
jox
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:36 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: holiday accom gold coast

Originally Posted by joanneS
Has anyone ever stayed on the Gold Coast for their holidays? Any ideas for accommodation for 3 nights with 3 kids 14, 11 and 5. We are just finalising our rekkie trip for April and have decided to spend the last 3 nights on Gold Coast to show the kids some tourist sites? (hopefully bribe the eldest on what he could have on his doorstep when we move)!!! Where is nicer to stay is it Surfers, Main Beach or any other ideas?
Thanks guys
jox
We have an apartment in a resort building on the Gold Coast www.crystalbay.com.au - our apartment wouldn't be big enough for you as is only a 1+1 but they doo 2 & 3 bedrooms ones too. Email eith e Jane&Russ Middleton or Paul2004 as both have stayed there.

PM me if you need prices, etc

Claire
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:56 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys
jox
I can definately second jonahs mummy on this one.....
Crystal bay is lovely, fantastic location...Bars restaurants shops beach parks all on your door step...
Very nice apartments, i would certainly stay there again, next time i am in that area
Russell
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Joey is an unknown quantity at this point

We live down the road from Crystal Bay and the location is fab. Anywhere on the Broadwater is lovely.
We rented an apartment at Biggera Waters when we first arrived, very cheap, clean and friendly, fantastic veiws. That was called The Royal Pacific Resort.
We now live in Labrador on the Broadwater. There are loads of holiday apartments here. Try..
http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel.../accommodation
If you see anything you like I may be able to tell you more about it.

Its fairly peaceful here so if you want something with a little more going on in the evening then maybe Surfers is best.
Check out www.goldcoastinfolink.com
Hope this helps.
Jo
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:21 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed in Pelican Cove at Biggera Waters when we were there on holiday and while we waited for our house to be ready. Nice sized apartments - big enough for 5 you, 2 pools, BBQ area etc and 2 mins walf to the beach on the Broadwater. http://www.pelicancove.com.au/pelican2.htm The manager, Adrian, is an ex-pat as well
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

I would avoid Surfers if you can and opt for either Broad beach or Main Beach.

I stayed at an apartment at Oscar on Main and was good as they do 1,2,3 bed apartments and is a great location in Main Beach.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
I would avoid Surfers if you can and opt for either Broad beach or Main Beach.

I stayed at an apartment at Oscar on Main and was good as they do 1,2,3 bed apartments and is a great location in Main Beach.
I would go for main beach, stunning and close to everything.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I would go for main beach, stunning and close to everything.
Thanks everyone for your answers! I will definitely be in contact with the above!
Speak to you soon j
Old Jan 7th 2006, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Thanks guys
jox
Hi jox
we came on a reccie 2 years ago and stayed at surfers but now we are living here I would recommend staying at Burleigh Beach, its quieter than main beach and broadbeach a favourite with locals and in easy reach of the razzmattaz of surfers!!
We are a family with 3 similar aged kids and really recommend the 2 bedroom Burleigh Surf apartments, see www.burleighsurf.com.au
They may be a bit more expensive than some places but if its your last few nights they are really excellent and have the most amazing views, you can even watch the kids on the beach from your balcony.
If we had no kids and could afford to live at the Burleigh Surf it would be my perfect lifestyle.... (wishful thinking!!!).
Another really nice area with nice apartments is currumbin beach again a bit further south of surfers but a really lovely beach.
Finally if you want somewhere cheaper there are lots of motels along the main Gold Coast Highway where you can usually find a room or two on the spot but, the main problem could be saturday night/easter which is often booked out, so if you can't get fixed up drive south to south tweed heads and you will find a lot of cheaper motels there, and its not that far from surfers.
All the best and...
Have a great trip!!
Sherie