Holden jackaroo

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holden jackaroo

Does anyone know what this 4x4 is like?

I am buying one of these and picking it up this morning hopefully.

Is it any good, or does it have its faults?

Whisky
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:06 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Holden jackaroo

Originally posted by whisky

Whisky
Good down hill if you don't need to stop.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Megs,

You have put my mind at rest!!!!!! :scared:

Whisky
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:28 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Thanks Megs,

You have put my mind at rest!!!!!! :scared:

Whisky
Well, it is a bit better than a Rolls-Can-'ardly.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:44 am
Badge

It's OK - its a variation of the Rodeo - which is the ute, is it not?

Jap makes prob better but the price will reflect this.

I was told AFTER I bought my Mitsi Ute that I was told it was a better ute than the Holden - although model years may well vary..

BM

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:59 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Whisky
Normally we ask for advice BEFORE we make these decisions, so it's a bit late now Whisky

The Jackaroo's are okay, but they almost alway suffer with cascading top end engine failure with the resulting total power loss being permanent and un-repairable, rendering the vehicle about as useful as a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest. Other than that they are fine.

If only you'd asked me earlier.....
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:22 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Holden = Vauxhall/Opel/GM
Say no more.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Say no more.
what's the link between Holden/Isuzu? They share components and models (my sister had a Jackaroo with Isuzu-badged parts). Don't know any more than that.

Isuzu is Japanese
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:42 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/investor/fact/gm.html

Isuzu and General Motors Corporation have enjoyed mutually beneficial relations in diverse areas of business since both companies first agreed to their capital tie-up in 1971. The alliance has grown to include cooperation in all phases of operation to leverage each company's business resources. In 1997, GM and Isuzu agreed that Isuzu is mainly responsible for diesel engine development for GM. The companies strengthened their partnership in 1998, giving Isuzu the responsibility of commercial vehicle engineering. Now, GM's equity share in Isuzu is 12%, symbolizing Isuzu's key position in the global GM group.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:57 am
Badge

Originally posted by chippy
Normally we ask for advice BEFORE we make these decisions, so it's a bit late now Whisky

The Jackaroo's are okay, but they almost alway suffer with cascading top end engine failure with the resulting total power loss being permanent and un-repairable, rendering the vehicle about as useful as a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest. Other than that they are fine.

If only you'd asked me earlier.....

seems to me most units will need rebuilding of the heads at some point, but some vehicles are KNOWN for it.

Cheers Chippy.

I saw a "nicer" looking Holden Rodeo after I had bought mine but still felt I had gotten a good deal.

If you can, you go for a Toyota.

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:54 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Get a Hummer. What's wrong with you people?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by bondipom
Say no more.
I've had 2 Vauxhall Vectras as company cars here in the UK (We didn't get a choice)
They were awful. The first creamed the valve gear after only 6 months with a broken cam belt and the second sheared off the water pump pulley, yes, you've guessed it, the cam belt drives the pump....same result ....destroyed the valves and pistons

I drove a Jackaroo when we were in Aus last time and it was dreadful. No power no brakes and I'm sure the power steering must have been disconnected

One good thing about the Vauxhall Astra..... it has won the British Touring Car Championship for the last 3 years.
The road car is good too if you get the Turbo version!!!
I believe there in Aus now but seem a bit pricey under the Holden badge
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:41 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by badgersmount
seems to me most units will need rebuilding of the heads at some point, but some vehicles are KNOWN for it.

Cheers Chippy.

I saw a "nicer" looking Holden Rodeo after I had bought mine but still felt I had gotten a good deal.

If you can, you go for a Toyota.
Yep. I'm a tart with a 'cruiser.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well thanks you lot. Me cars crap, and me brother has just gently told me that they are going back up to Broome to live.
I wouldn't have minded so much, but we didn't want to come to this part of Australia originally, but came because of them.

Oh well, staying positive!!!!!!

Whisky
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

piglit is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has one and he seems to like it. It got him from Adelaide to Whyalla and back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.