Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hobart Pennitentiry Chapel Ghost Tour...

Hobart Pennitentiry Chapel Ghost Tour...

Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough
Default Hobart Pennitentiry Chapel Ghost Tour...

Hi,

Anyone done this tour?

We were booked on it last friday but in the Courtroom I heard and felt something so scary that I couldn't do the rest of the tour!

How wussy was I! (and embarrassed!)

I was realy looking forward to tour too as I have seen several ghosties back in UK and never been scared of them! Have toured the chapel in the day but not at night..

Anyone done whole tour and did you see/hear anything??

Cathy
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hobart Pennitentiry Chapel Ghost Tour...

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow
Hi,

Anyone done this tour?

We were booked on it last friday but in the Courtroom I heard and felt something so scary that I couldn't do the rest of the tour!

How wussy was I! (and embarrassed!)

I was realy looking forward to tour too as I have seen several ghosties back in UK and never been scared of them! Have toured the chapel in the day but not at night..

Anyone done whole tour and did you see/hear anything??

Cathy
I haven't done the ghost tour, but have visited the chapel a couple of times - used to live very near it. My ex had done the ghost tour and he said it was freaky, lots of odd vibes. Its spooky there in the daytime, and even outside the walls at night I'm sure there are spirits around. Its like Port Arthur really - lots of tortured souls have met their ends there, and if you are susceptible to whatever spirits and vibes are around then its places like these where you will feel them.

The Courtroom is a very atmospheric place, and when you think of people being held in those tiny cells beneath it.....(shudders). I remember being shown the gallows and that seriously scared me, though I have no real idea why, it was just like being held frozen in time for a few minutes.

Don't feel wussy, if you're open to the spirit world you will certainly feel it in places like that - all I will say is that there are many other places on Tassie which can give off similar vibes, even in the most beautiful spots, like Maria Island, when you are least expecting them, so be prepared.