Hobart

Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hobart

Hi my hubby and I are thinking of re locating from Perth WA to Hobart or surrounding areas.

Mark is a painter and I am a care worker and we wandered what the job situation is there especially for hubby.

What is an average wage for a painter and an aged care worker.

Here in Perth Mark has started up his own business. How easy would it be to continue with his business to Hobart.

Compared to Perth what is the general costs of living.

Could anyone reccomend good suburbs around Hobart and those to avoid.

We would be looking to rent for the first year or so before buying.

We will be visiting around september to have a look around but would appreciate any views from people already living there.

Thanks

Maggy
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:17 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hobart

Originally Posted by maggy
Hi my hubby and I are thinking of re locating from Perth WA to Hobart or surrounding areas.

Mark is a painter and I am a care worker and we wandered what the job situation is there especially for hubby.

What is an average wage for a painter and an aged care worker.

Here in Perth Mark has started up his own business. How easy would it be to continue with his business to Hobart.

Compared to Perth what is the general costs of living.

Could anyone reccomend good suburbs around Hobart and those to avoid.

We would be looking to rent for the first year or so before buying.

We will be visiting around september to have a look around but would appreciate any views from people already living there.

Thanks

Maggy
Maggy hen its freezin there whit u goin there fir?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Got itchy feet doll and fancy a change.

It looks beautiful but we have loads of research to do before we make a decision.

xxxx
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Has anyone got any views on Hobart

Mags
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:57 pm
aza
Just Joined

aza is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hobart

hi dont know if i can help but i lived in tassie for about 20 years.am in uk now but am going to perth in june.Tassie is a great place.A bit slower paced than the mainland. I havent been there for roughly 12 years but dont recon much has changed.So any questions you wanna ask i may be able to answer.Depends what sort of things you like for areas to live as there is most types of area eg/ beach, country, hills,etc. The cost of houses is cheaper than perth anyway. My mum is a care worker but not sure how much the pay is. Your husband should be able to start buisiness just as in perth.
Anyway hope i can help.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aza
hi dont know if i can help but i lived in tassie for about 20 years.am in uk now but am going to perth in june.Tassie is a great place.A bit slower paced than the mainland. I havent been there for roughly 12 years but dont recon much has changed.So any questions you wanna ask i may be able to answer.Depends what sort of things you like for areas to live as there is most types of area eg/ beach, country, hills,etc. The cost of houses is cheaper than perth anyway. My mum is a care worker but not sure how much the pay is. Your husband should be able to start buisiness just as in perth.
Anyway hope i can help.
We both think it looks like a great place to live and hope we still feel the same after visiting in sept.

Have been looking at different areas Battery Point, Sandy Bay, Kingston to name a few but wont really know until we get there and have a look around.

Where about it Tassie did you live?

The cost of property here in Perth has went through the roof and its very difficult to get on the property ladder so that was also a factor in our decision to relocate.

Maggy
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:32 pm

Got itchy feet doll and fancy a change.

It looks beautiful but we have loads of research to do before we make a decision.

xxxx
come tae Qld hen its toasty
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:44 pm

more importantly u get gin here too lol
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by biggy
more importantly u get gin here too lol

Thats it then doll its settled.

See you soon lol
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:21 am

Thats it then doll its settled.

See you soon lol
lmao am away tae slice the lemons and put the gin in the freezer
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Tracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really nice

Hi Maggy

Hobart is a great place to live but it is the lowest paid state in oz.
Ur hubby wont have any problem getting a job and nor will you but dont hold me to that.
As to were to live around hobart that depends on your budget and wether you like the country life or city life ?.
If you enjoy the out doors walking kyaking camping then tassi is for you
the wether is not that bad Hobart is the second dryest city in australia.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tracker
Hi Maggy

Hobart is a great place to live but it is the lowest paid state in oz.
Ur hubby wont have any problem getting a job and nor will you but dont hold me to that.
As to were to live around hobart that depends on your budget and wether you like the country life or city life ?.
If you enjoy the out doors walking kyaking camping then tassi is for you
the wether is not that bad Hobart is the second dryest city in australia.
Thanks for that.

Would you happen to know where I could find out what painters get as an hourly rate.

Online job sites dont have that info and the local papers are the same.

Cheers

Maggy
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Hobart

Originally Posted by biggy
lmao am away tae slice the lemons and put the gin in the freezer
Dont forget the tonic water doll and I dinae want that Kirks crap only schweppes will do for me
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.

Would you happen to know where I could find out what painters get as an hourly rate.

Online job sites dont have that info and the local papers are the same.

Cheers

Maggy
just had a look through the job ads in the last week's editions of the Mercury and hourly rates for painters aren't specified.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
just had a look through the job ads in the last week's editions of the Mercury and hourly rates for painters aren't specified.

Thanks Ian and Helena have PMd you

Cheers

Mags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.