Wikiposts

Ho hum

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Meeshmash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ho hum

I'm fairly new to this board but have found it really interesting. Especially since I've decided I want to move to NZ.

The sad part is that we're no where near even applying yet. In fact we're still due to go on our fact finding mission at the end of the year. We're going for 4 weeks. Hurrah.

My issue is that I'm the one that wants to go but my partner is not that sure, hence the up-coming visit. Plus he's the one with the degree which means he'll have to be the principle applicant and the one that has to find a job.

I guess I'm just really envious of you guys out there that are on the verge of being approved and disappearing into the sunset.

Anyone out there in a similar position?

Otherwise all the best and spare us poor folk a thought when you get there.

Good luck everyone and may the force be with you.

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ho hum

Originally posted by Meeshmash
I'm fairly new to this board but have found it really interesting. Especially since I've decided I want to move to NZ.

The sad part is that we're no where near even applying yet. In fact we're still due to go on our fact finding mission at the end of the year. We're going for 4 weeks. Hurrah.

My issue is that I'm the one that wants to go but my partner is not that sure, hence the up-coming visit. Plus he's the one with the degree which means he'll have to be the principle applicant and the one that has to find a job.

I guess I'm just really envious of you guys out there that are on the verge of being approved and disappearing into the sunset.

Anyone out there in a similar position?

Otherwise all the best and spare us poor folk a thought when you get there.

Good luck everyone and may the force be with you.

Your not alone, far from it.

Been thinking about this since my youngest little girl was born last Aug. Kept thinking theres got to be a better quality, less stressful way of living than this?
I wanted to sell end of last year but the baby was still too young, wanted her toddling first. Then panic, as I always knew property market would cool (sister lives in Surrey and told me last xmas prices were dropping), so put property on market in Feb and its been very dissapointing, dropped the price and still no joy yet, and I live in a great so-called catchment area for schools So, I've started the ball rolling anyway(qualifications assessed & prev. references from jobs) and hopefully by Sept have an application to submit.
Yes its frustrating as you just want to just go, but getting so much from foras like this and other websites is helping to plan the eventual departure.
Keep your chin up, my wife was a little uneasy about it at first but we both don't want to continue the current lifestyle we have already as our kids grow up.
Lifes for living and the UK is not where I want to be in a few years time

Last edited by GetMeOutOfHere; Jun 2nd 2003 at 2:36 am.