HNC Electrical & Electronic Engineering

HNC Electrical & Electronic Engineering

Old Feb 8th 2019, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

pauloz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HNC Electrical & Electronic Engineering

Hi all,
Just a query please.

I have a HNC Electrical & Electronic Engineering, which I got confirmation from the British Council that states it is SYDNEY ACCORD approved.
Does this mean that this is equivalent to a Bachelors, and hence I can get 15 points on the visa application?

I am currently in the process writing my 3 career episodes, so almost away to send these off to ENGINEERS AUSTRALIA. I am applying as an Electrical Engineering Draftsperson.
Should this matter, surely I can still get my qualification as equivalent to a Bachelors (my HNC did have a project).

Hopefully someone can answer my query please?

Cheers

Old Feb 8th 2019, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HNC Electrical & Electronic Engineering

https://eal.org.uk/support/document-...son-table/file

HNC level 4, degree level 6. HNC is considered to be equivalent to 1 year of uni.
Old Feb 10th 2019, 7:17 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

If you have HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, I guess you did your HNC alongside a recognised apprenticeship ? If so maybe your best option is to apply using that trade, with your HNC as supporting docs along with your indentures. You can still work as a Drafts person once you have your visa.
Old Feb 10th 2019, 10:49 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same qual - it's been recognised as equivalent to a diploma here.

I went the electrician route though and jumped through those hoops. Going with EA I would probably wait and see how they assess things but maybe assume only 10 points for qual when calculating your total.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 11:37 am
Just Joined

pauloz is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for all the replies.
So going through Engineers Australia for assessment should give me 15 points against the HNC (Sydney accord approved by the British Council).

It surely does not matter what career path I have, I have over 15 years as an Electrical & Instrumentation Designer (draftperson for Australian purposes). Then I can claim points for the work experience as an Engineering Associate??

Sorry, just a bit confused. Plus I also need that additional 5 points for my qualification for the HNC (10 points is not enough!!!)
Old Feb 12th 2019, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

J___Mcewan is an unknown quantity at this point

How can a hnc which is the same as 1 year uni be the equivalent of a 4 year degree course?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauloz View Post
Should this matter, surely I can still get my qualification as equivalent to a Bachelors (my HNC did have a project).
Why did you remotely think this ? You won't have touched vast amounts of a Degree course which is basically all maths anyway.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

ebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to beholdebo1608 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hoofie2002 View Post
Why did you remotely think this ? You won't have touched vast amounts of a Degree course which is basically all maths anyway.
Please don't! I still get palpitations thinking about eng maths. Best bit is I can't even do VCE Maths nowadays. The worst bit was having to do a 10-15000 word project in the final year - that made a man of me. Just as well I didn't know at the time it was worth 25% of the degree.