Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

malx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hi there, this countries getting over crowded a bit, if only the assylum seekers had to go through the sort of strict medical and character checks that you have to when emigrating to OZ.

If you never try living in another country ,you'll always regret it, and when your old you'll preach to the youngsters, saying,I should have done it when i was young and all that shite.

Well,we're doing it, going for it and hopefully going to enjoy it.

Malx
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.

You should feel proud of yourself that out of the 1,000,000 enquiries DIMIA get every year, they have assessed and deemed that you are suitable to live there.

from what i've read, only 7% of those who enquire, actually get a visa!

Congratulations.

And yes, it's a shame the U.K don't adopt a simlar policy.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Only 7%! Wow! I wonder what percentage drop out at some point, and what percentage actually get rejected?
Old Nov 12th 2003, 9:59 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by malx
hi there, this countries getting over crowded a bit, if only the assylum seekers had to go through the sort of strict medical and character checks that you have to when emigrating to OZ.

If you never try living in another country ,you'll always regret it, and when your old you'll preach to the youngsters, saying,I should have done it when i was young and all that shite.

Well,we're doing it, going for it and hopefully going to enjoy it.

Malx
I am sure that many asylum seekers, would have loved to have been born into a country that gave them the opportunities to be able to escape and only have to suffer a medical and character check, instead of torture and the loss of loved ones.

I am under no illusions of the difficulties experienced by countries offering asylum to those unfortunate people, but the plight of many asylum seekers is not (IMO) to be dismissed so lightly.:lecture:
Old Nov 12th 2003, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

hi there, I guess there will always be a percentage that drop out , family circumstances etc, rejections would probably be health reasons because most folk had already passed the TRA assessments for the main application.

When you go for your medical, Its like having a mid-age check up, I cant remember having as strict a medical since i was a kid, the hearing test was a laugh though, a bloody tuning fork, twas the high tech, state of the art hearing test.

Malx
Old Nov 12th 2003, 10:07 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by Jirrupin
I am sure that many asylum seekers, would have loved to have been born into a country that gave them the opportunities to be able to escape and only have to suffer a medical and character check, instead of torture and the loss of loved ones.

I am under no illusions of the difficulties experienced by countries offering asylum to those unfortunate people, but the plight of many asylum seekers is not (IMO) to be dismissed so lightly.:lecture:
Well said. I for one am lucky to have been born and raised in a country like the UK. Some of the asylum seekers go to great lengths and risk life and limb to escape unbearable situations. I can not imagine what I would do to escape this country with my children if we were suddenly thrown into intolerable situations.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Only 7%! Wow! I wonder what percentage drop out at some point, and what percentage actually get rejected?

yeah, it was something like that!

I also wonder how many visas are issued to people who don't give it a fair go and return home quickly, a waste of a visa I think.

And YES, i know we're not there yet and we could end up coming back ourselves, I'm not judging, just saying!!!

Also, I think theres a big difference between "migrants" and "asylum seekers", there should be steps in place to protect those who really need ( and justly so) asylum, and those who just want a free ride.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Jirrupin

Hi there, yep,you do have a good point, but i think the government need to go about it slightly different, as many of them seem to end up on the streets and cant be traced to help them, then what do you do if your left on the streets of london etc, no where to stay, drunks, druggies, criminals etc. Its not a good senario for anyone.

Malx
Old Nov 12th 2003, 10:39 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if you feel like that, don't go to Oz, cos you'll be overcrowding it!
And I think asylum seekers have much more right to get into Australia than us, who are just going there for 'fun' or a better life.

I really don't get people who are emigrating and one of the reasons is because it's getting so busy in there own country!!
What do you think you're doing going to Australia!
You can't complain about something and then do excactly the same yourself!! Well, that's my opinion anyway.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Simone82

Well, if you feel like that, don't go to Oz, cos you'll be overcrowding it!
And I think asylum seekers have much more right to get into Australia than us, who are just going there for 'fun' or a better life.

I really don't get people who are emigrating and one of the reasons is because it's getting so busy in there own country!!
What do you think you're doing going to Australia!
You can't complain about something and then do excactly the same yourself!! Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Hi there, I'm not really complaining about assylum seekers, just saying that proper provisions have to be put in place when they come to their new country, so they have the best chance possible and not letting them in and forgetting about them.

Malx
Old Nov 12th 2003, 10:53 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I'm not really complaining about assylum seekers, just saying that proper provisions have to be put in place when they come to their new country, so they have the best chance possible and not letting them in and forgetting about them.

Malx
I agree!

Oh, and I wasn't just talking about you I was just complaining about the thing in general, because I do remember some people on here thinking like that
And I get a bit worked up about it!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Simone82
I agree!

Oh, and I wasn't just talking about you I was just complaining about the thing in general, because I do remember some people on here thinking like that
And I get a bit worked up about it!
Hi there simone, its not worth get worked up about it ,as the governments all have their own ways in handling it which they think is right. tis a pity they have money for some things and not others, but hey, we're just the peasant tax payers.
Over crowding was meant in relation to house prices in this country at the moment.

Malx