Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hiya.....need info on Western Australia

Hiya.....need info on Western Australia

Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Hiya.....need info on Western Australia

Have considered getting away from this hell hole called England for a while now and have decided on WA. We are a family of 6 ( yep I know, toooo many kids hehe). I work in a Transport office and OH is a Truck Driver so we are looking at employer sponsorship in Bunbury. What I need from all you good people is someone to chat too while I am going through the process, you know how hard it is. My kids are 16,12,9,9 so need some advice on education and the like. Would be great to be in contact with some people before we get there. Me and the OH are early 30's and well into our sports. Motocross being very big in our lifes and wanted to know if there are some good tracks out there to ride?????

Nici
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hiya.....need info on Western Australia

Originally Posted by kato33
Have considered getting away from this hell hole called England for a while now and have decided on WA. We are a family of 6 ( yep I know, toooo many kids hehe). I work in a Transport office and OH is a Truck Driver so we are looking at employer sponsorship in Bunbury. What I need from all you good people is someone to chat too while I am going through the process, you know how hard it is. My kids are 16,12,9,9 so need some advice on education and the like. Would be great to be in contact with some people before we get there. Me and the OH are early 30's and well into our sports. Motocross being very big in our lifes and wanted to know if there are some good tracks out there to ride?????

Nici
Hello there,

We have been in Bunbury since christmas and love it.
Can't help on the kids side of things because we aint got any,
and not very sporty i'm afraid
but i thought these websites might give you a little info.

mybunbury.com

bunburyonline.com

mysouthwest.com.au

Hope this helps
Sue
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue,
Thanks for emailing me. Will check out the sites, although to be honest I probably have looked at some of them as all I seem to do is research the place day in day out......hehe.
So, what took you to Bunbury if you don't mind me asking? It seems beautiful as far as I have read. When I said sporty I really meant the OH. I have a feeling he will find the move difficult so anything I can find for him to do is a step in the right direction in helping him to settle. I only horse-ride myself which I am hoping to do after a few years in Oz.
We are hoping to be there within the year, fingers crossed.

Nici
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sue,
Thanks for emailing me. Will check out the sites, although to be honest I probably have looked at some of them as all I seem to do is research the place day in day out......hehe.
So, what took you to Bunbury if you don't mind me asking? It seems beautiful as far as I have read. When I said sporty I really meant the OH. I have a feeling he will find the move difficult so anything I can find for him to do is a step in the right direction in helping him to settle. I only horse-ride myself which I am hoping to do after a few years in Oz.
We are hoping to be there within the year, fingers crossed.

Nici
Hiya,

My hubby was offered a job by a company in Bunbury and we came here on a 457 visa.
Have just read your other posts about wanting to move to the USA, thats what we started out with until we realised that it would be almost impossible
to get there!
Anyway, a couple of my oh workmates do a bit of bike riding, so he is gonna ask them about it.
As for Bunbury, yes we think its beautiful we are just a short walk from the inlet and a 5 min drive from the beaches, shops galore, clubs and we have the all important pub at the end of the road
Sue
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: Hiya.....need info on Western Australia

Hi Sue,
We would also be coming out on a 457 as we are currently in talks with Giacci Bros. OH is a truck driver so it seems our only option. Have you heard of them? Have they a good rep? My only worry is that if he is not needed after a year or even months after arriving then we would have to come home. A bit of a dilema if the kids are settled.........fingers crossed it works out hey!
My first posts re Usa was when i decided we needed out of here and it was this forum that suggested Oz. So after much persuading to the family we are now starting the process. Now all seem really keen (basically I nagged them to death)
As for the pub.....will probably spend my life there once we are in, us poms do like our drink hehe.
Look forward to keeping in touch

Nici
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sue,
We would also be coming out on a 457 as we are currently in talks with Giacci Bros. OH is a truck driver so it seems our only option. Have you heard of them? Have they a good rep? My only worry is that if he is not needed after a year or even months after arriving then we would have to come home. A bit of a dilema if the kids are settled.........fingers crossed it works out hey!
My first posts re Usa was when i decided we needed out of here and it was this forum that suggested Oz. So after much persuading to the family we are now starting the process. Now all seem really keen (basically I nagged them to death)
As for the pub.....will probably spend my life there once we are in, us poms do like our drink hehe.
Look forward to keeping in touch

Nici
Hiya
I have seen the Giacci trucks on the roads out here and i think they are based near where i work, but i don't know anything about them sorry.
We were just as worried as you probably are about the company who sponsored my husband, but we decided to take the chance and its been ok up to now. They have agreed to help us go through the process of applying
for an RSMS visa, which will give us permanent residency if successful.
Have Giacci told you how long your husbands contract is for?
Anyway, oh mates said they use the bunbury motorcross track at shrubland park, you have to be a member to use it, and they said there are a few tracks in the bush that they also use.
Best of luck with everything, give us a shout if you need to know any more (not that i've been much help so far)
Sue
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
We are yet to submit the CV's ( going to give them mine as well, you never know ) but have spoke on the phone and they seem really keen. Did you OH company help with finding you somewhere to stay or gave you any really useful info for when you arrived? Do the Aussies mind us just going over there and taking there jobs.......you know what the english are like about immigrants......although not me personally.
Excellent news on the motocross front. Hubbie will be well pleased, cheers!
And thanks for replying to me.......actually you have been of help and much appreciated, I now know where the pub is.
Cheers (been trying to put that damn beer pic in but can't seem to do it, silly me)
X
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
We are yet to submit the CV's ( going to give them mine as well, you never know ) but have spoke on the phone and they seem really keen. Did you OH company help with finding you somewhere to stay or gave you any really useful info for when you arrived? Do the Aussies mind us just going over there and taking there jobs.......you know what the english are like about immigrants......although not me personally.
Excellent news on the motocross front. Hubbie will be well pleased, cheers!
And thanks for replying to me.......actually you have been of help and much appreciated, I now know where the pub is.
Cheers (been trying to put that damn beer pic in but can't seem to do it, silly me)
X
Yes they did find us somewhere to rent which was very helpful.
If you want i can mail you the real estate pages from the local paper, but will understand if you don't wanna give a complete stranger your home address.
I haven't had any comments made to me about the immigrant thing and alot of the people who work with my hubby are immigrants.
He says he will ask his mates at work if they know any thing about Giacci tommorrow.
By the way if you decide you want real estate pages, pm your address to me.
As for the "local" its on the water and and you sometimes get the odd dolphin swim past, you can tell we are the newbies in town cos we are the only ones who get excited about it!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Bevs
Yes they did find us somewhere to rent which was very helpful.
If you want i can mail you the real estate pages from the local paper, but will understand if you don't wanna give a complete stranger your home address.
I haven't had any comments made to me about the immigrant thing and alot of the people who work with my hubby are immigrants.
He says he will ask his mates at work if they know any thing about Giacci tommorrow.
By the way if you decide you want real estate pages, pm your address to me.
As for the "local" its on the water and and you sometimes get the odd dolphin swim past, you can tell we are the newbies in town cos we are the only ones who get excited about it!!!!
Will PM you with my address, not worried about giving it out as hopefully won't be there much longer Thanks for offering to send us some info it will be a real help to see where we could be living and gives the kids something to get involved in. Although they have already stated they want a pool big enough to let a croc live in as a pet.........bloody 9 year olds.......ain't got a clue. Little do they know I am building them a shed to sleep in
Your hubbie is a star so please say thank you to him.
As for the dolphins, don't get me started. I will be the one woman still whooping for joy at seeing them 2 years on I think. All I keep telling everyone here, is that our little family will be living "Where the dolphins swim freely in the bay" and will be really disappointed if they don't. Plus, what more could you want while drinking whiskey and coke, in the sunshine, by the sea!!!! We did see them in Florida last year and my hubbie still laughs about the fact every other word was "Amazing" ....and I mean every other word. hehe

Nici
Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Will PM you with my address, not worried about giving it out as hopefully won't be there much longer Thanks for offering to send us some info it will be a real help to see where we could be living and gives the kids something to get involved in. Although they have already stated they want a pool big enough to let a croc live in as a pet.........bloody 9 year olds.......ain't got a clue. Little do they know I am building them a shed to sleep in
Your hubbie is a star so please say thank you to him.
As for the dolphins, don't get me started. I will be the one woman still whooping for joy at seeing them 2 years on I think. All I keep telling everyone here, is that our little family will be living "Where the dolphins swim freely in the bay" and will be really disappointed if they don't. Plus, what more could you want while drinking whiskey and coke, in the sunshine, by the sea!!!! We did see them in Florida last year and my hubbie still laughs about the fact every other word was "Amazing" ....and I mean every other word. hehe

Nici
Hiya

Will put stuff in the post tomorrow. I couldn't find any info on Giacci, everyone has heard of them but that was it sorry.
Sue
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Quenda is an unknown quantity at this point

This link may be of help in finding rental accomodation.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...at=&p=10&o=def

if that doesn't work, which looks likely, just try www.realestate.com.au and go to WA and Rentals, then Bunbury.

Good luck.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Quenda
This link may be of help in finding rental accomodation.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...at=&p=10&o=def

if that doesn't work, which looks likely, just try www.realestate.com.au and go to WA and Rentals, then Bunbury.

Good luck.
Hiya Quenda,

Cheers will check it out asap.

Nici