hiya everyone

Old Oct 30th 2011, 8:13 am
Just Joined

neeks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hiya everyone

Hello to all,

new to this so will give you a run down,

we are from nottingham and are due to move to Adelaide on 3rd dec,

my hubby has got a job in ottoway and has been sponsored and we have had our visas granted,

we are moving over with our 7yr twin girls,just wondered how easy it is to meet new people etc and where to go.my mates here in the uk all say i shouldnt have to much problem making new friends as myself and hubby are very out-going etc.

our heads are spinning with it all at the moment and its a strange feeling leaving everything behind that your used to,but sooooo looking forward to the new start etc.

any advice regardin anything would be gratefully received.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hiya everyone

Hi neeks and welcome to BE.

If you would like to meet up with people close by then you could also post on the Australia Meetups forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95

I wish you all the best for your move downunder.

Last edited by Alfresco; Oct 30th 2011 at 8:19 am.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough

Hello Neeks,

I am also moving to Adelaide in January and feeling a little apprehensive at the prospect of being there on my own, knowing nobody, having to find my way around, finding a rental etc so if you fancy meeting up I'd welcome the opportunity to meet up with friendly people.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:07 am
Just Joined

sounds good to me,

have you any idea on which area your moving to yet ?

what line of work are you in,my hubby is in the steel industry and i am hopin for a job with ambulance service as thats what i do here.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough

Hi neeks,

I want to live near the coast so thinking about Henley Beach at the moment. I'm a primary school teacher. Whereabouts are you thinking of living? Have you found a rental yet or a short term let?
Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:38 am
Just Joined

my husbands boss has sorted a rental out for us so when we get of the plane we have somewhere to go,she has been great and is also paying the first months rent and giving us the use of her car.

we have been lookin on the net at semaphore,kilkenny,largs bay,pennington,and glenelg.

the rental she has got us is in marion as thats where she lives and she will show us round etc till we find our feet,

have you got a job already then,how many of you are moving out there
Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

It's just me moving so on my own...arghhh. I'm a bit worried because I'll have to find a rental, car etc, will also be looking for work so nothing will be in place when I get off the plane. I'm thinking of temporary accommodation for the first few weeks and will probably have to get a rental car. That's great that you've got that support from your hubby's boss, that will help you to settle more easily.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:32 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neeks
my husbands boss has sorted a rental out for us so when we get of the plane we have somewhere to go,she has been great and is also paying the first months rent and giving us the use of her car.

we have been lookin on the net at semaphore,kilkenny,largs bay,pennington,and glenelg.

the rental she has got us is in marion as thats where she lives and she will show us round etc till we find our feet,

have you got a job already then,how many of you are moving out there
Hi Neeks,

The family and I also live in Nottingham and are planning on moving to Adelaide next year as well.

No job lined up so it sounds like you've got a good dea lgoing with the hubbies new boss

We'll be over in Feb for a reccie/validation trip if you're up for a beer?
Old Oct 30th 2011, 5:09 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachlady
Hi neeks,

I want to live near the coast so thinking about Henley Beach at the moment. I'm a primary school teacher. Whereabouts are you thinking of living? Have you found a rental yet or a short term let?
Have you a job yet? If so, which school will you be teaching at? Schooling is one of the deciding factors (along with jobs and budget) for where we are looking to live
Old Oct 30th 2011, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rasen78
Have you a job yet? If so, which school will you be teaching at? Schooling is one of the deciding factors (along with jobs and budget) for where we are looking to live
From what I understand it can take a while to find teaching jobs so I'll probably have to do relief teaching until I find a more permanent contract. I'll have to be prepared to travel until I have a permanent position. Are you a teacher? Are you already out there?
Old Oct 30th 2011, 5:24 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachlady
From what I understand it can take a while to find teaching jobs so I'll probably have to do relief teaching until I find a more permanent contract. I'll have to be prepared to travel until I have a permanent position. Are you a teacher? Are you already out there?
No, I'm ROMFTs other half and neither of us have jobs to go to but are actively seeking. I'm just a run o' the mill office worker; he's the one with the skills But we have 2 LOs of primary age, so schooling is a major factor for us.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

I wish you both the very best of luck! It's not easy but hopefully it'll all work out in the end. Maybe we'll meet one day!
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:45 am
Just Joined

hi to you both again,

would love to have a meet up when your both out there would really nice,

where abouts in nottm are ?
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

That would be lovely. Just PM me when you're there and available to meet up.