British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   His and Her Uggs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/his-her-uggs-224173/)

Badge Apr 14th 2004 11:49 am

His and Her Uggs

1 Attachment(s)
As it is now getting colder in Melbourne (apart from today - it was warm) I have bought His and Her Ugg Boots. I got them fom the Rip Curl shop at Melbourne airport on the way back from a business trip to Canberra.

I will present Mrs B with hers when she gets here.

BM

Innyjim Apr 14th 2004 11:51 am

Re: His and Her Uggs

Originally posted by badgersmount
As it is now getting colder in Melbourne (apart from today - it was warm) I have bought His and Her Ugg Boots. I got them fom the Rip Curl shop at Melbourne airport on the way back from a business trip to Canberra.

BM
I'm sure you'll be the toast of the town in those mate..........

jib Apr 14th 2004 11:57 am

aka uggly boots:D :D

jib

ANA123 Apr 14th 2004 1:05 pm

...but they need to be pink ones;)

artep Apr 14th 2004 1:13 pm

They make me think of those big slippers old folk wear :D.....you know 1 slipper for both feet? Billy Connerly (sp?) did a great joke about 'em once :D

ANA123 Apr 14th 2004 1:15 pm

Originally posted by artep
They make me think of those big slippers old folk wear :D.....you know 1 slipper for both feet? Billy Connerly (sp?) did a great joke about 'em once :D

...the ones for people with swollen legs? thats why the pink ones are best, because old ladies wear beige
;)

Badge Apr 14th 2004 1:18 pm

I thought I would avoid the ones that come halfway up you calves!!

I love mine. Surprisingly comfortable and of course, warm. There are so many things Australian that are fantastic without having to be cool or sthyled to the teeth. It's like 'who cares'?

Also I have NEVER owned a pait of slippers - but am quite happy to wear these!

:)

artep Apr 14th 2004 1:19 pm

Originally posted by mcmercer
...the ones for people with swollen legs? thats why the pink ones are best, because old ladies wear beige
;)

dunno if they're for peeps with swollen legs.....I just thought they were for old people who sat in front of the telly all day. :D ;)

Billy C had me in stitches over 'em tho :)

artep Apr 14th 2004 1:20 pm

I thought I would avoid the ones that come halfway up you calves!!

I love mine. Surprisingly comfortable and of course, warm. There are so many things Australian that are fantastic without having to be cool or sthyled to the teeth. It's like 'who cares'?

Also I have NEVER owned a pait of slippers - but am quite happy to wear these!

ok let's have a pic of you modelling 'em then! :D

Badge Apr 14th 2004 1:22 pm

saw through that one quick!

;)

artep Apr 14th 2004 1:24 pm

saw through that one quick!

;)
awww c'mon don't be shy!!!! :D ;)

Innyjim Apr 14th 2004 1:24 pm

There are so many things Australian that are fantastic without having to be cool or sthyled to the teeth. It's like 'who cares'?

......it is evident in your recent purchase that you care little style or coolness.....

sjn2003 Apr 14th 2004 1:29 pm

You expecting snow then Badge ???

You'll be buying a skidoo next :D

Poppy Apr 14th 2004 2:50 pm

I think they're great - they were all the rage in London this winter with all the models and the like wearing them - Kate Moss etc. Shops were charging around £120 a pair, bet they're a lot cheaper out there.

I got an imitation pair which were warm and only cost £49 - I would rather of had the real thing tho'.

How you finding Melbourne? We are thinking about Melbourne, but haven't been and were going to take a trip when we validate in October to see what we think.

Happy ugging!

Cheers

Poppy

Larissa Apr 14th 2004 2:59 pm

BM
Shame they don't match, did you get them cheap? :D