Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hiring a car in Melbourne help pls

Hiring a car in Melbourne help pls

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hiring a car in Melbourne help pls

Hi all
As many of you are aware we are coming to Melbourne next month for 3 weeks to validate visa. We will need to hire a car. We will be living in Frankston area so has anyone got any recommendations? We might even consider a people carrier as I think aunt and uncle would like to come around with us. Will have to consider costs?
Anyone out there who can help? Give a discount haha
Thanks
Irene
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:29 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hiring a car in Melbourne help pls

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hi all
As many of you are aware we are coming to Melbourne next month for 3 weeks to validate visa. We will need to hire a car. We will be living in Frankston area so has anyone got any recommendations? We might even consider a people carrier as I think aunt and uncle would like to come around with us. Will have to consider costs?
Thanks
Irene

When we were in Melbourne 2 years ago we rented a car from a firm called crown they were in the city, King st I think, we booked it on the internet if you do a search you should find them. They were very freindly even offered us a lift to where ever we wanted to go when we returned the car
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:33 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
When we were in Melbourne 2 years ago we rented a car from a firm called crown they were in the city, King st I think, we booked it on the internet if you do a search you should find them. They were very freindly even offered us a lift to where ever we wanted to go when we returned the car
Try this
www.crownrentacar.com.au
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Thanks a lot will give them a look. Irene
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

waustralish is on a distinguished road

We used Crown Cars in October when we hired a car for our validation trip and found them very good on price and the car itself.
It's cheaper to hire and pickup the car in the CBD rather than on the outskirts of the city. We found they up the price.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi
Thanks for that yes we had thought about hiring a car from airport but like you say thats more expensive. If I check out the prices online will they show reduced rates for different areas? How did you come across them?
Irene
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:00 pm

Hi
Thanks for that yes we had thought about hiring a car from airport but like you say thats more expensive. If I check out the prices online will they show reduced rates for different areas? How did you come across them?
Irene

We just found them by doing a search, as I said earlier there service was the best I've had from a hire company
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

sason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Hiring a car in Melbourne help pls

Hi all
Thanks
Irene
We too are going for a validation trip late Feburary, for two weeks.

I found that www.holidayautos.com.au has the best prices, since everything is included (insurance vice). The cars are from Thrifty.

/Stefan
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by sason
We too are going for a validation trip late Feburary, for two weeks.

I found that www.holidayautos.com.au has the best prices, since everything is included (insurance vice). The cars are from Thrifty.

/Stefan
We used something similar last time we paid a deposit but it didn't come of the balance as it was a fee taken as commision from the web site
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:03 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Irene

When we validated we hired a toyota tarago, twas great for separating my kids They're nice to drive too cosidering they're so big...I found them easy & I'm 5' nothin!!!

Oh BTW I wouldn't hire from Avis....we had all kinds of hassle when collecting our car as we'd booked it from the uk and Avis sent us vouchers to hand over when we picked it up. When we got there, they discovered the vouchers were in GBP and not AUD which really confused everyone!!!! They had to work out how much the vouchers were worth etc to see if we'd paid enough.....TOTAL pain! It didn't help that none of the Avis staff there had ever seen the vouchers before either!!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.europacar.com.au They hire out of the airport (easier) and always seemed to give good rates.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:22 pm
sula

Originally Posted by hevs
Try www.europacar.com.au They hire out of the airport (easier) and always seemed to give good rates.
Thanks Hev's for this recommendation. I checked them out and found them to be $300 cheaper than all the other quotes that I have had.

I will be picking up in Melbourne and dropping off in Sydney. Their one way fee is only $55 as opposed to $300+ for other companies.

Cheers

Sula

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

No worries
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:50 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
No worries

You sound more Australian by the day.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for all the advice I will certainly make some enquiries now I have some contacts.
Irene