Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HILLS DISTRICT SYDNEY PRESCHOOLS?

HILLS DISTRICT SYDNEY PRESCHOOLS?

Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future
Default HILLS DISTRICT SYDNEY PRESCHOOLS?

Hi

We're hoping to move permanently to Sydney around May 2010 I think we'll probably be moving to the Hills District around the Castle Hill area.

My eldest daughter is 3 so I will need to look at preschools for her. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I've seen a few on the internet and will visit once there, but would be grateful if anyone has any experience or can recommend a preschool in the area.

Many thanks

kronk
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HILLS DISTRICT SYDNEY PRESCHOOLS?

There are plenty of people here living near Castle Hill who will be along soon I'm sure, I just wanted to warn you that as pre-schools will start their new year in January, you may find it difficult to find a place half way through the year. We arrived in June and I couldn't find anything for my youngest until the following January. If you get any recommendations it might be worth trying to contact them now to see if they would put your daughter's name on next year's waiting list in case anyone leaves mid year. There is generally a shortage of pre-school places here though and there's no such thing as government funded pre-school so it's fairly expensive.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
There are plenty of people here living near Castle Hill who will be along soon I'm sure, I just wanted to warn you that as pre-schools will start their new year in January, you may find it difficult to find a place half way through the year. We arrived in June and I couldn't find anything for my youngest until the following January. If you get any recommendations it might be worth trying to contact them now to see if they would put your daughter's name on next year's waiting list in case anyone leaves mid year. There is generally a shortage of pre-school places here though and there's no such thing as government funded pre-school so it's fairly expensive.
Thanks for this. I was worried about this as we'd be arriving halfway through the year. We're going to have to validate our visa prior to our big move over there so will have a look round at a couple of schools and put her name on the waiting list. Just be good to get an idea of names of preschools that people can recommend.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:42 am
Just Joined

fallen angel is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.kenthurstpreschool.com.au

My daughter is starting there in January. We've been to visit and it is so unbelievably friendly and welcoming, they have a fantastic, large and shaded outdoor space and a great looking learning programme.

We found it tricky to find a pre-school that wasn't long day care (the 7.30am-6pm type) as that was in the $70 day region which was too much seeing as I am a SAHM. Kenthurst charge $35 for 9am through to 3pm. Missa will be going two days a week, so its far more affordable.

From Castle Hill its an easy drive, no more than 15mins I'd say with a lovely view over to the Blue Mountains on the way!

We live in Beaumont Hills, 10mins away from Castle Hill. Its a nice area, not as busy or traffic-y as Castle Hill but so easy to get back in if you want the 'big' shopping centre Castle Hill has.

If you want to know anything else about the area, give me a shout. We've been here 4m now, with our 3 and 1yo girls and am finally getting all settled.

Ah whilst I think of it, another note worthy activity it may be worth bookmarking is www.hillsswimming.com They have a fantastic swim programme with stickers for each achievement within a level. My daughter went from floundering and just keeping afloat to swimming 5m within 4weeks with them. Can't recommend them highly enough and its lots less busy than the more 'popular/yummy mummy' type swim schools
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fallen angel
http://www.kenthurstpreschool.com.au

My daughter is starting there in January. We've been to visit and it is so unbelievably friendly and welcoming, they have a fantastic, large and shaded outdoor space and a great looking learning programme.

We found it tricky to find a pre-school that wasn't long day care (the 7.30am-6pm type) as that was in the $70 day region which was too much seeing as I am a SAHM. Kenthurst charge $35 for 9am through to 3pm. Missa will be going two days a week, so its far more affordable.

From Castle Hill its an easy drive, no more than 15mins I'd say with a lovely view over to the Blue Mountains on the way!

We live in Beaumont Hills, 10mins away from Castle Hill. Its a nice area, not as busy or traffic-y as Castle Hill but so easy to get back in if you want the 'big' shopping centre Castle Hill has.

If you want to know anything else about the area, give me a shout. We've been here 4m now, with our 3 and 1yo girls and am finally getting all settled.

Ah whilst I think of it, another note worthy activity it may be worth bookmarking is www.hillsswimming.com They have a fantastic swim programme with stickers for each achievement within a level. My daughter went from floundering and just keeping afloat to swimming 5m within 4weeks with them. Can't recommend them highly enough and its lots less busy than the more 'popular/yummy mummy' type swim schools
Excellent, many thanks for this. I have 3 and 1 year old girls too!!
I hadn't considered Kenthurst but will definitely now. Preschool & Swimming looks good, thanks for the link on this. I definitely want to start my eldest on lessons when we arrive.