Wikiposts

Hillarys

Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:47 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hillarys

Originally Posted by renth
Hillarys has some nice areas with house prices to match. Definitely a case of "should have got in 3 or 4 years ago" tiny plots of land on the Harbour Rise estate are going for $500,000+ this for about 450 square metres.

Consequently it's beginning to get crowded with loads of McMansions with no gardens where you can reach out and touch the neighbours wall on three aspects.

Other areas in Hillarys are nicer, further north the estates have more room and the houses more spaced out. This is where I might buy a house when I sell the one in the UK. Some parts of Hillarys are a bit shabby, so you might see a property advertised for a good price but if you look at the map you'll see it's in the scruffy bit near Whitfords shoppng centre.

The Hillarys harbour area is good for a few hours window shopping (wouldn't buy anything as it's too expensive) the sheltered beach is great for the little ones, here you can play spot the Aussie as everyone is British.

There are loads of restaurants but the only decent one is Portofinos, the Breakwater Tavern food is like bad school dinners and I got food poisoning at the Italian Cafe.

The patrolled beach at Sorrento is great, but it's not in Hillarys, just next to it though.

Spot on, nice place but reminds me of Spain
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:47 am
letsgoperth.com.au

Originally Posted by Ransi
I f you won the jackpot where would you live?
For me it would be North Beach or Watermans Bay or Trigg, but I love that scruffy beach cafe thing. Peppermint Grove is fantastic but I don't think I would live there, maybye Cottesloe though. Nicer to be nearer the city. If I was moving here now with my Uk pounds I would be buying a 3 bed wreck at North Beach or somewhere along there knocking it down and building a double storey. I went to look at one last week but it needed too much work and I would have to rent it out as a holiday let for a few years, but still on the look out!

If I am really honest - may get slated for this one - would probably move to Sydney and buy somewhere in Manly my favorite place..now that's one dream that really would need a lotto win.

Maxine

Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Id have an apartment in kensington ,knightsbridge, or similar, and a modest country estate also in UK.

$19 Mill OZ about 8 mill pounds should get both hopefully and leave some spare change

So it's your dream to get to the place I can't get away from quick enough how ironic
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Hi Renth
Not being funny but where do you actually like?
Where do you live?
Do you have family?
What do you do?
Where do you come from?

Haley x
I like Ocean Reef, Iluka, the parts of Hillarys that aren't Harbour Rise, Kallaroo, Applecross, Nedlands, Dalkeith, P. Grove, South Perth, Mundaring, Kalamunda...

I live in Ocean Reef,

I have a wife and 3 kids,

Work at UWA

Came from Sussex, been here over 2 years.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:12 pm
owieb

I live in Hillarys and have done since first moving here about 2.5 years ago.

As Renth correctly points out the suburb is fairly big and varies greatly between McMansions down at Harbour rise to older style properties towards Marmion to *normal* properties on the Whitfords Beach Estate.

There are a few parks (Mawson is nice), but the suburb does lack greenery along the streets and really doesn't have the character that some of older suburbs have with beautiful tree lined streets.

Beach wise (IMHO) it can't be beaten. Sorrento Quay (Hillarys Harbour, or whatever you want to call it) has a great, safe, sheltered beach. Whitfords beach (the next one along) is normally empty, but has some great parks and facilities just behind the sand dunes. There is also a dog excersise area on this beach.

Following North you have Pinnaroo Point which is a fantastic spot for watersports such as kiting, windsurfing, jetskiing etc. This beach then extends down towards Mullaloo which (as already mentioned) is a fantastic beach with plenty of space.

We live on the Whitfords beach estate, most of the properties are on decent size blocks ranging from 700-1000 sqm and they don't tend to all be ontop of each other; though there are some "strata" developments with houses close together.

There is a good bus service that runs through the area, going to Whitfords city and the train stations at Whitfords, Warwick and Greenwood.

As well as Whifords City, which is a fairly good sized mall, there is a smaller shopping area with some speciality shops, restaurants, doctor, dentist and Coles supermarket.

Prices are getting a bit silly round here. We did buy at a high, but our place has still gone up in value, and we are constantly asked by agents if we want to sell.

We don't use the car that much, we can walk to Whifords City, we can walk to the beach, we can walk to the harbour.

The city is 20mins away, train station 10mins both times are by car.

For us it's a great suburb.

Old Apr 11th 2005, 2:36 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Hillarys

Hi all

Thank you to every body who's taken the time and effort in replying

Cheers