Wikiposts

Hillarys

Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:16 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Hillarys

G'Day all
Has any body got any info on living in Hillarys?
Schools in the area (12 + 10)?
Cost of renting/buying?
Things to do as a couple/family?
Basically any info!

Thanks
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:38 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hillarys

Originally Posted by Ransi
G'Day all
Has any body got any info on living in Hillarys?
Schools in the area (12 + 10)?
Cost of renting/buying?
Things to do as a couple/family?
Basically any info!

Thanks

Are you moving fron Edgewater already.....are the neighbours getting you down?
Gillian
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really help you Ransi other than to give you the google results in case you haven't tried that....http://www.google.com/search?q=hilla...n&start=0&sa=N
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:53 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Are you moving fron Edgewater already.....are the neighbours getting you down?
Gillian
I still fancy Edgewater...just keeping my options open.
Love the outdoor lifestyle that Hillarys has to offer.
How about you,still like the look of Edgewater?

I'll still be lowering the tone where ever I'll end up!! Ha HA

Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:57 am
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by Bix
Can't really help you Ransi other than to give you the google results in case you haven't tried that....http://www.google.com/search?q=hilla...n&start=0&sa=N
It does'nt really help..more for holidays etc..

Thanks for trying anyway

Haley
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:08 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I still fancy Edgewater...just keeping my options open.
Love the outdoor lifestyle that Hillarys has to offer.
How about you,still like the look of Edgewater?

I'll still be lowering the tone where ever I'll end up!! Ha HA

I know that chelski badge has definately lowered the tone on here
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:34 am
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by fraser
Hammers?
Need I say more?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:01 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Well said gs
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:12 am
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Well said gs
OH HO
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:24 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

OH HO

Don't mind them they're only jealous
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Hillarys has some nice areas with house prices to match. Definitely a case of "should have got in 3 or 4 years ago" tiny plots of land on the Harbour Rise estate are going for $500,000+ this for about 450 square metres.

Consequently it's beginning to get crowded with loads of McMansions with no gardens where you can reach out and touch the neighbours wall on three aspects.

Other areas in Hillarys are nicer, further north the estates have more room and the houses more spaced out. This is where I might buy a house when I sell the one in the UK. Some parts of Hillarys are a bit shabby, so you might see a property advertised for a good price but if you look at the map you'll see it's in the scruffy bit near Whitfords shoppng centre.

The Hillarys harbour area is good for a few hours window shopping (wouldn't buy anything as it's too expensive) the sheltered beach is great for the little ones, here you can play spot the Aussie as everyone is British.

There are loads of restaurants but the only decent one is Portofinos, the Breakwater Tavern food is like bad school dinners and I got food poisoning at the Italian Cafe.

The patrolled beach at Sorrento is great, but it's not in Hillarys, just next to it though.

Last edited by renth; Apr 9th 2005 at 11:32 am.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:14 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by renth
Hillarys has some nice areas with house prices to match. Definitely a case of "should have got in 3 or 4 years ago" tiny plots of land on the Harbour Rise estate are going for $500,000+ this for about 450 square metres.

Consequently it's beginning to get crowded with loads of McMansions with no gardens where you can reach out and touch the neighbours wall on three aspects.

Other areas in Hillarys are nicer, further north the estates have more room and the houses more spaced out. This is where I might buy a house when I sell the one in the UK. Some parts of Hillarys are a bit shabby, so you might see a property advertised for a good price but if you look at the map you'll see it's in the scruffy bit near Whitfords shoppng centre.

The Hillarys harbour area is good for a few hours window shopping (wouldn't buy anything as it's too expensive) the sheltered beach is great for the little ones, here you can play spot the Aussie as everyone is British.

There are loads of restaurants but the only decent one is Portofinos, the Breakwater Tavern food is like bad school dinners and I got food poisoning at the Italian Cafe.

The patrolled beach at Sorrento is great, but it's not in Hillarys, just next to it though.
Hi Renth
Not being funny but where do you actually like?
Where do you live?
Do you have family?
What do you do?
Where do you come from?

Haley x
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:06 pm
letsgoperth.com.au

Originally Posted by renth

..have to agree with Renth - If I won the lottery last night I wouldn't be buying a pad in Harbour Rise. Hillarys is great for a stroll around the shops or a quick snack - the beach is child friendly - but not the kind of beach I like it's too fake. It's a big tourist spot - if you like that kind of thing.

St Marks the co-ed school is very good there though.

Maxine

Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:27 am
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by letsgoperth.com.au
..have to agree with Renth - If I won the lottery last night I wouldn't be buying a pad in Harbour Rise. Hillarys is great for a stroll around the shops or a quick snack - the beach is child friendly - but not the kind of beach I like it's too fake. It's a big tourist spot - if you like that kind of thing.

St Marks the co-ed school is very good there though.

Maxine
I f you won the jackpot where would you live?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:33 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

I f you won the jackpot where would you live?
Id have an apartment in kensington ,knightsbridge, or similar, and a modest country estate also in UK.

$19 Mill OZ about 8 mill pounds should get both hopefully and leave some spare change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.