Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

High School & other Language

High School & other Language

Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I did Latin when I was at school ! Didn't learn much though Never thought it would be useful, and I was right.

- Hillarious!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:03 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I did Latin when I was at school ! Didn't learn much though Never thought it would be useful, and I was right.
Oh good, you can help Dagboy with his book of latin phrases crosswords that his father gave to him for xmas
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Oh good, you can help Dagboy with his book of latin phrases crosswords that his father gave to him for xmas
tum magister appropinquat et pueros salutat.

Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:08 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

tum magister appropinquat et pueros salutat.
Mutatis Mutandis
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:11 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Mutatis Mutandis
Now you've lost me !!

Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:40 am
Rocket Scientist

Now you've lost me !!
mu·ta·tis mu·tan·dis
Pronunciation: m(y)ü-'tä-t&s-m(y)ü-'tän-d&s, -'tA-t&s-, -'tan-
Function: adverb
Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin
1 : with the necessary changes having been made
2 : with the respective differences having been considered

The only latin phrase I know, blame my father in law .

For me knowing it, not for it being the only one. You lost me at the first hurdle