Reload this Page >

High School late admission

High School late admission

Old Mar 16th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

faris226 is on a distinguished road
Default High School late admission

helloo everybody.....
i have just migrated to melbourne on a PR visa....i was just wondering if i could join high school now as the session has already started....i have cleared my o levels which is i guess equalient to grade 10 or 11.Secondly i was advised to do an accounting tafe course ....is tafe better or high school...if i can get admission in some high school which one if them has a good repo.... .i live in laverton south melbourne.
any help would be really appreciated =)
Old Mar 16th 2008, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High School late admission

No reason why you cant enrol at HS now. You are still joining early enough in the year that you shouldnt suffer if you join Year 11 now. If you enrol much later you could be at a disadvantage because years 11 and 12 are a definite course with assessments at the end of year 12. I dont know that doing a TAFE course would advantage you in particular - if you eventually want to go to uni you would be better getting your year 12 assessments. You may find that you are a bit older than most of the other year 11 students but it would be better to be a bit older and get the full two years of the program than to try and join in year 12. Year 11 students this year will have turned 16 before 30 April this year.

No idea which HS is better but the only school which is obliged to take you is the one in whose catchment area you live in. You can request to be an out of area enrolment in another school but they are not obliged to enrol you. Get on to it right now though.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

faris226 is on a distinguished road

hey
thanks al ot for your help.I thought maybe they wont allow me to get into year 11 cause it is a really very important year.So a public school should be good.im 16 but i look quite younger than i am. thats the only disadvantage lol
anyways mate thanks a lot once again
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You will have missed less than a term so you should be able to catch up. I would go for it!