Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

High Court rules Australia must take asylum seekers

High Court rules Australia must take asylum seekers

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High Court rules Australia must take asylum seekers

Originally Posted by Larissa
Maybe some of you should go live with Sharia law.
Not a bad idea, they certainly know how to treat women!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang

Wonder if the minister will get involved when she returns?
Almost certainly. The Coalition will control the Senate from 1 July so don't be surprised if you see an amendment to the Migration Act coming through.

Jeremy
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
Maybe some of you should go live with Sharia law.
Isn't that's what you have in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ts/4310545.stm
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:57 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NedKelly
I was facing persecution in the UK because I am white and therefore a second class citizen in my own country. Many UK laws now give preferential treatment to ethnic minorities. I was facing persecution because I am a Christian. As an example, my son's school cancelled the nativity play because it might offend Muslims and it now no longer has a morning assembly where hymns were sung. As far as politics is concerned I was persecuted by the Government because I owned my own house, a few shares and some investment property, so I am considered to be a filthy rich property owning enemy of the people who should rightly be targeted by Gordon Browns 60 stealth taxes.
I know exactly how you feel NK........
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Koza is on a distinguished road

Outrageous!
How could anybody these days believe jews are persecuted in Russia?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Larissa]What we go through for visa applications is *nothing* in comparison to what some of these poor guys go through. [QUOTE]

Please, Larissa, tell us, WHAT are they going through? Skill assessment, medicals? Sorry, they are not sudanese.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:37 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
Get real, bet you live in a nice multi culture area......NOT

I have seen West London become a @&*" hole, every man and his dog are coming here. Our schools are over run with non-speaking English and crime out of control, all because we have had a population increase that the local community cannot sustain and integrate with in so short a time.

It is creating major barriers, problems, that will get worst, not better.

All thanks to that scum bag Blair......

Well Said.

I too live in London and have seen it go to the dogs since President Blair was
elected. Increased crime (forget the statistics that say crime is going down, it isn't), increased anti social behaviour, etc ,etc, etc.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:58 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Almost certainly. The Coalition will control the Senate from 1 July so don't be surprised if you see an amendment to the Migration Act coming through.

Jeremy
How far reaching are the implications of this case?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:01 pm

[QUOTE=Koza][QUOTE=Larissa]What we go through for visa applications is *nothing* in comparison to what some of these poor guys go through.

Please, Larissa, tell us, WHAT are they going through? Skill assessment, medicals? Sorry, they are not sudanese.
Skill assessments are a doddle compared to packing all your possessions into one bag and running the gauntlet of trying to get into a country that will consider assylum. Would you like to put your family in the hands of people smugglers? The assylum application itself probably makes ACS RPLs and TRAs seem like primary school stuff.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:07 pm
wombat42

l think johnny howard will find some way to overule the high court by amending the legislation or something, because his hard line on asylum seekers is probably the only reason he has remained Prime Mininster for so long.

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bondipom
Skill assessments are a doddle compared to packing all your possessions into one bag and running the gauntlet of trying to get into a country that will consider assylum. Would you like to put your family in the hands of people smugglers? The assylum application itself probably makes ACS RPLs and TRAs seem like primary school stuff.
Those that are coming to the UK tend to be men aged between 20/30, we use agents to help us where as the assylum seeker uses solicitors who can string out the process at the expense of the tax payer while being housed, given benefit support and still be able to buy a car, mobile phone etc. One example that is in the news today, a illegal immigrant whoes application has been turned down 4 times was convicted of killing a 12 year old boy while driving in a uninsured car with no driving license, he got a 7 week sentance which he had already served 6. The parents said if the assylum process was working that there son would still be alive today.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by karenjc
Those that are coming to the UK tend to be men aged between 20/30, we use agents to help us where as the assylum seeker uses solicitors who can string out the process at the expense of the tax payer while being housed, given benefit support and still be able to buy a car, mobile phone etc. One example that is in the news today, a illegal immigrant whoes application has been turned down 4 times was convicted of killing a 12 year old boy while driving in a uninsured car with no driving license, he got a 7 week sentance which he had already served 6. The parents said if the assylum process was working that there son would still be alive today.
One example from the 1000s. Very representative. Are you saying car accidents are to be blamed on assylum seekers or that English people never drive uninsured? A lot of assylum seekers work illegally on the side because the supposed benefits are so hard to live on. You nearly touched on the real issue which is the speed of processing which is shocking. Speed up the processing so illegitimate applications can be rejected and those who have genuine cases can be allowed to get into British society. BTW assylum applications in the UK are dropping.

Shock, horror lawyers stringing out processes at tax payers expense. Never would happen elsewhere in the world, especially Australia!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:05 pm
ad4ozz

My brothers partner is being done for racism at work because she called Sven Goren Erikson a 'big girls blouse' and said the English team should have an English captain....meaning in the same way as to play for England you have to be English so to manage England you should be English. Who ever heard of racism againt the Swedish... :scared: .

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

You say that they work to supplement there benefits that are low, well they still seem able to go out night clubbing and buy the latest trainers. Lets get one thing clear i have no problem with people escaping persuction, it's the volume of economic migrants that is the biggest concern, who be it through people smuggling or illegal entry we have no idea who they are . Again recent concerns about the migrants that are coming to the UK with no health checks and the rising inncrease of TB,AIDS, and other diseases ( yes aware that we have our own health problems) . Is it true that you can not claim assylum in Germany if you have crossed another countrys borders to get into Germany. The recent expantion of the EU, Germany said that people from these new member states could not go there and claim benefits for two years the Uk lets them claim straight away.My point was not to single out one case but to show that the system has failed (as has been agreed with by the new home secretary). All we need is some one with back bone to say that this country has had its share, but you would get linched by the loony left calling you racist, burying there head in the sand instead of talking about the concerns of a large part of the population.I live in Birmingham which in 2 years the white population will be the minority. I think this shows the fact that the UK is a tolerent place but we must draw the line some where.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bondipom
Running from where? What sort of warfare is in Russia?
Two scoundrels...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.