Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi..shortly coming to Sydney

Hi..shortly coming to Sydney

Old Oct 25th 2007, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

scubydoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi..shortly coming to Sydney

My company is relocating me to Sydney in January...lived and worked there before in my backpacker days and often been to Sydney on business. I'm mid 30's and looking for like minded individuals that are new to Sydney, or settling in and how they've settled in..whether making friends has been difficult etc. The meet ups seem a good idea too
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:22 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi..shortly coming to Sydney

Originally Posted by scubydoo
My company is relocating me to Sydney in January...lived and worked there before in my backpacker days and often been to Sydney on business. I'm mid 30's and looking for like minded individuals that are new to Sydney, or settling in and how they've settled in..whether making friends has been difficult etc. The meet ups seem a good idea too
just bumping you up so you can find some one to reply try the meet up section for meet ups in sydney
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough

Sounds from your post like you are single, childless, and obviously busy in the day, so I'm afraid I can't help much (my intention was to move here when I was also free and single, but somehow in the 18months between getting my PR and getting on the plane I acquired a husband and child....... best laid plan and all that!) Anyway, most of the Sydney-surround meets that I know of tend to be mums in the daytime - but we do have a 'girls night in' every 6wks or so (so if you're a fella even that's no help!), and there is a regular Thursday night drinks in the city - I haven't been to that, but scroll through the threads and you will find it.

If you have any questions that I might be able to help with, just PM me

Good luck!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much, although a bit disappointing to hear that the world is full of married people on the expat network by the sounds of it..ha ha ha. There must be singletons in Sydney somewhere..ha! Thanks for the offer of advice.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

There's a group of mainly 20-30 somethings that meet up every Thursday in the city. Some of them are married/attached, but there are some singles amongst them. They are a really friendly bunch, and definitely worth giving a go. Also, there will probably be like minded individuals at your work. Like Holmes, my days of being single and childless are long gone, but everyone I've met through the expat meets have been very friendly, whether they have similar circumstances to me or not.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
There's a group of mainly 20-30 somethings that meet up every Thursday in the city. Some of them are married/attached, but there are some singles amongst them. They are a really friendly bunch, and definitely worth giving a go. Also, there will probably be like minded individuals at your work. Like Holmes, my days of being single and childless are long gone, but everyone I've met through the expat meets have been very friendly, whether they have similar circumstances to me or not.

Yeah, that's us.

We meet at a bar in the city at 6:30 every Thursday evening, for a bite to eat and some drinks. In the past we have done other stuff like bowling. We are a friendly bunch, and as yanH says, there are a few singletons amongst us, so feel free to come along.

We have a long running thread in this section, usually entitled Thursday Evening Drinks, or something equally imaginitive, so have a look.

S
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

That's great...thank you very much