hi from perth

Old Jul 10th 2003, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

KEV.W is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi from perth

Originally posted by abergas
Hi everyone
well we are here in Perth, and having a great time, still finding our feet, but it gets better everyday, don't get me wrong, some days i have woken up wanting to go home, but another I am glad to be here.
we can't have internet access in the house we are renting, so have come down to Fremantle technical college to use their computers, couldn't find anywhere in North Perth.
met up with, scoobydoathome, still getting round to contacting grub, loopy etc,
take care all of you going through the process of migrating, it will be worth it in the end.
take care
love yve
Hi to you all !

First time I've used this forum.

We (Me, my wife Tracy, our daughter Emma-17, and our son Stuart-15) leave for Perth in 2 weeks (26 July) and we are all petrified at this moment in time! Are we doing the right thing ? What about all the family we are leaving behind ? Emma doesn't want to go ! Are things really so bad here ? The list and the thoughts go on and on.
Anyone already in Perth that can give us some supportive words ?
Anyone in UK going through the same ?
All comments and feedback most welcome.
We hope to live in the Sorrento-Hillarys area. Anyone already living in that area ? - Whats your opinions of that area ? Whats the schools like ? Thinking of Duncraig Senior High.
Anyone living in the Hampshire area (We live in Fareham) who would like to meet up ?

Look forward to all replies.

Kev, Tracy, Emma, and Stu.:scared: :scared:
Old Jul 10th 2003, 11:20 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

welcome to the forum!!!!

We..me hubby and 3 kids...son age 18, and 2 daughters 14 and 10 yrs will be arriving in Perth by end of September...whether we will be just validating or staying permenantly remains to be seen as yet, due to house sale!

Its a roller coaster ride of emotions isn't it?..my 14 yr old daughter doesnt want to go either!..the other 2 arent as bad but are nervous about it and rightly so...so am I! but excited too..

I have lots of contacts, who are already in Perth, that I have made through this forum and I would gladly put you in touch with them if you want to email me privately.

Good luck to you all....
Old Jul 11th 2003, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by KEV.W
Hi to you all !

Anyone living in the Hampshire area (We live in Fareham) who would like to meet up ?

Hiya,

Snap! We live in Fareham too! We stayed in Sorrento in April when we went to Perth for a visit! Haven't applied for our visa yet (it's a long story!) but would love to meet up for a chat if you like. We live at the top of Old Turnpike! Small world....

Nicola
Old Jul 11th 2003, 12:24 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Nicstids
Hiya,

Snap! We live in Fareham too! We stayed in Sorrento in April when we went to Perth for a visit! Haven't applied for our visa yet (it's a long story!) but would love to meet up for a chat if you like. We live at the top of Old Turnpike! Small world....

Nicola
Hi there
We're in Poole and would be up for a meet somewhere too
Old Jul 11th 2003, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

rich and debbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Kev and Tracey,
We are also in your area (ish) We are in Portsmouth but hoping to be in Perth soon. Looking at similar areas to you as well. Would love to hear how you get on once you arrive. There was a Hampshire meetup recently , did'nt make it myself but wish we had. Good Luck
Debbie
Old Jul 13th 2003, 6:01 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to you all !

We (Me, my wife Tracy, our daughter Emma-17, and our son Stuart-15) leave for Perth in 2 weeks (26 July) and we are all petrified at this moment in time! Are we doing the right thing ? What about all the family we are leaving behind ? Emma doesn't want to go ! Are things really so bad here ? The list and the thoughts go on and on.
We hope to live in the Sorrento-Hillarys area. Anyone already living in that area ? - Whats your opinions of that area ? Whats the schools like ? Thinking of Duncraig Senior High.

Sounds like you want talked into it , but the area's you have named are Pom Ghetto's so if you love people from the North West of England it should be a home from home.
If you have no family here it will be hard going and the more you try to give glowing reports of Aussie to the folks back home the less they will give a sod about you.
The refugee help club on this site mean well but this lets cling together for support group will tire of each other , no friend will make up for loss of family.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 13th 2003 at 6:06 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 9:56 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Sounds like you want talked into it , but the area's you have named are Pom Ghetto's so if you love people from the North West of England it should be a home from home.
If you have no family here it will be hard going and the more you try to give glowing reports of Aussie to the folks back home the less they will give a sod about you.
The refugee help club on this site mean well but this lets cling together for support group will tire of each other , no friend will make up for loss of family.

another helpful post from the whinging wanker ,who needs enemys when they have friends like you..... MM
Old Jul 13th 2003, 10:07 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

"We hope to live in the Sorrento-Hillarys area. Anyone already living in that area ? - Whats your opinions of that area ? Whats the schools like ? Thinking of Duncraig Senior High."

PB, you could have contributed to these questions and given these good people some food for thought.

Didn't have to be all rose-tinted, just some well-balanced views from someone who after 9 years in Perth is qualified to comment.

Badly done.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply PB. I take note of your comments ! Why are you still there ? Whats wrong with the Northerners anyway, or is it that you just dont like anyone ! I'm not after being talked into it, just interested in making contact with a few people who have done it.
I'm man enough to make my own decisions hence we leave on the 26th July.

Regards,

KEV.W.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi,

welcome to the forum!!!!

We..me hubby and 3 kids...son age 18, and 2 daughters 14 and 10 yrs will be arriving in Perth by end of September...whether we will be just validating or staying permenantly remains to be seen as yet, due to house sale!

Its a roller coaster ride of emotions isn't it?..my 14 yr old daughter doesnt want to go either!..the other 2 arent as bad but are nervous about it and rightly so...so am I! but excited too..

I have lots of contacts, who are already in Perth, that I have made through this forum and I would gladly put you in touch with them if you want to email me privately.

Good luck to you all....
Hi YVSIE,

Thanks for your comments. Sorry for not replying sooner.
I'll e-mail you privately, as we would be glad of some contacts.

Cheers !

KEV.W AND FAMILY.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to you all !

Hello KEV W

This forum is very helpful most of the time. The people are also friendly, most of the time. On a lot of occasions (usually Mon-Fri) someone pops up and tries their hardest to spoil the post or makes you feel very despondant. We have all risien to them over time, but its best to just read and ignore, or just ignore.

We are going to Perth as soon as our house is sold. Was hoping for middle of September. Not sure where yet.

Good luck on this forum, and all the very best with your new life in Australia.

Whisky
Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:35 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mr mover
another helpful post from the whinging wanker ,who needs enemys when they have friends like you..... MM
I have to no wish to profit from refugees , unlike you who feeds off the suckers.
Your unbaised views lines your pocket the word pimp about covers it.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:43 am
Banned

Thanks for your reply PB. I take note of your comments ! Why are you still there ? Whats wrong with the Northerners anyway, or is it that you just dont like anyone ! I'm not after being talked into it, just interested in making contact with a few people who have done it.
I'm man enough to make my own decisions hence we leave on the 26th July.

Regards,

KEV.W.

Your post seemed wet and uncommited so my reply was a probe into your true frame of mind .
Far too many immo's come to Perth with no idea and little backbone , easy meat for the locals who live off dreamers.
Love the northern refugee's never can get enough tales of the hard times in Liverpool or Manchester , strange how these boat people then moan on that the wages in Australia are worse ?
The Pom attitude here is lets make a Burb a ghetto of us Poms because the locals are not us and the other refugees are Johnny foreigner.