Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The truth on Wages in oz

The truth on Wages in oz

Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Ranger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The truth on Wages in oz

Just been reading a thread from somone about average wages and they said $ 50,000a year is the average wage,does this sound about right, then they said there outgoings are $75,000 a year, this sounds abit steep.They then said you need to be earning $150,000 a year.Seriously what sought of people are on that wage?Have they conections to the Royal family Ha! ha!
Please tell me more.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 8:05 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: The truth on Wages in oz

Originally posted by Ranger
Just been reading a thread from somone about average wages and they said $ 50,000a year is the average wage,does this sound about right, then they said there outgoings are $75,000 a year, this sounds abit steep.They then said you need to be earning $150,000 a year.Seriously what sought of people are on that wage?Have they conections to the Royal family Ha! ha!
Please tell me more.

From the research i've done.....

Average wage is about 40k, maybe a touch less.

A salary of 60k + makes for a more comfortable lifestyle.

No you don't need 150k....thats just daft as reletively few people in aus will have a salary even approaching this.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

keith (UK) is an unknown quantity at this point

I would second that. My research shows that the average salary in Aus is between $35-40K.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

The average wage is a $48,276 as advised in the local paper a couple of months ago and I think it's about right. Here is the link to my post on the Subject

It goes on a bit as the whingers got in on it.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:19 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

40k is a low wage for anyone who is in a qualified field/industry.

And I also put it to you that "40k" is an average wage because there are far more people who are in manual jobs in Aus (or most countries) than people who are in qualified careers.

We pay our labourers/manual workers around 40k (depending on their title/job) - these are some of the lowest wages in our company.

Nobody should take less than 60k in a qualified job. Just my opinion - but 40k is average because you've got supermarkets and such filled to the brim with shop workers/shelf stackers.

Manual/unqualified people in jobs far out weigh qualified /career workers.

Hence your average wage of being a measly 40k.

cheers
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:26 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
The average wage is a $48,276 as advised in the local paper a couple of months ago and I think it's about right. Here is the link to my post on the Subject

It goes on a bit as the whingers got in on it.

There are many who would love the average wage many have to live on $300 a week take home not easy a family need at lest $800 take home to have a life.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:30 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ranger
Please tell me more.
Not easy to get a living wage in Australia but $150k joint income a year before tax is not going to give you a millionaries life it would just put you in the middle class bracket , a brickie would earn $80k a year if he was any good and worked a six day week.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
There are many who would love the average wage many have to live on $300 a week take home not easy a family need at lest $800 take home to have a life.

This is a guy who reckons he spends $200 per person on groceries as his quote today proves.

The countries full of people only spending $50 a week on food , try nearer $200 and then some.

This quote like most of the rest of his prounouncements is pure rubbish. Could be he belives what his wife tells him and she's taking him for a ride just like everone else, because he hasn't a clue.

Like they say theirs one born every minute, but he must be the result of a days worth of incompetents
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:56 am
Banned

This is a guy who reckons he spends $200 per person on groceries as his quote today proves.

The countries full of people only spending $50 a week on food , try nearer $200 and then some.

This quote like most of the rest of his prounouncements is pure rubbish. Could be he belives what his wife tells him and she's taking him for a ride just like everone else, because he hasn't a clue.

Like they say theirs one born every minute, but he must be the result of a days worth of incompetents
$200 Per family per week young man then how would you know never had one have you?
Get a life if any woman would breed with you and then come back and give your views.
Still love how you bite , best meal that you can afford?

Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

$200 Per family per week young man then how would you know never had one have you?
Get a life if any woman would breed with you and then come back and give your views.
Still love how you bite , best meal that you can afford?

You didn't say that plus quoteing for a family is meaningless unless you quote the size of the family, could be 2 people could be 10 people.

You show me anywhere on this board that someone has said they can feed a family of even 2 for $50 per week. I wouldn't like to try and live on $25 a week.

Accurate quoteing is not your strong point is it PB.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:20 am
Banned

You didn't say that plus quoteing for a family is meaningless unless you quote the size of the family, could be 2 people could be 10 people.

You show me anywhere on this board that someone has said they can feed a family of even 2 for $50 per week. I wouldn't like to try and live on $25 a week.

Accurate quoteing is not your strong point is it PB.
Try the thread that quotes average shopping basket , average family 2 kid is it not so the basket must be for the average family?
given the average price was $100 I was wrong try less per person.
Your meal looks bare of meat how's your pantry full of beans?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=165084
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Try the thread that quotes average shopping basket , average family 2 kid is it not so the basket must be for the average family?
given the average price was $100 I was wrong try less per person.

What is your reading age, can you read at all.
quote "showing the average cost of their shopping basket" it dosn't say anything about typical cost to a family, just compareing a basket of products at different locations around Australia so people can judge which is cheapest and which the most expensive.

I doubt any family of 4 plus dog (dog biscuits) could live on $100 per week groceries, and nobody would want to.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:39 am
Banned

What is your reading age, can you read at all.
quote "showing the average cost of their shopping basket" it dosn't say anything about typical cost to a family, just compareing a basket of products at different locations around Australia so people can judge which is cheapest and which the most expensive.

I doubt any family of 4 plus dog (dog biscuits) could live on $100 per week groceries, and nobody would want to.
You have lived on your own too long the basket would be an average shop not a bedsitters basket.
Look at the items priced like dog food , so 2 adults . two kids and a dog yeah sounds right to me.
Your mutterrings in the past gave advice on your weekly shop not $50 a week by any chance?

PS Good tip Pal dog food very cheap and the meat and Veg tins would make a great stew for two , less than $3.00 .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 14th 2003 at 3:50 am.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

You have lived on your own too long the basket would be an average shop not a bedsitters basket.
Look at the items priced like dog food , so 2 adults . two kids and a dog yeah sounds right to me.
Your mutterrings in the past gave advice on your weekly shop not $50 a week by any chance?

Your even more cracked than I thought if you think 2 adults 2 kids and a dog can live on $100 for groceries.
Living on my own I spend no more than $50 per week in total on groceries and I live pretty well. The bigger the family the less you need to spend per person because you can buy in bulk. Most posts I've read seem to confirm this (with the exception of YOU of course).
Suggest you check on your wifes spending as you def don't have a clue about shopping.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:58 am
Banned

Your even more cracked than I thought if you think 2 adults 2 kids and a dog can live on $100 for groceries.
Living on my own I spend no more than $50 per week in total on groceries and I live pretty well. The bigger the family the less you need to spend per person because you can buy in bulk. Most posts I've read seem to confirm this (with the exception of YOU of course).
Suggest you check on your wifes spending as you def don't have a clue about shopping.

Your costing's are great fun but total bollocks , just asked around the play ground here and most have same shopping bills as me so a few wife's are in for a ear full thanks to your post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.