Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi - moving to perth asap

Hi - moving to perth asap

Old Aug 21st 2006, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Talking Hi - moving to perth asap

Hiya

I am about to post a couple of queries, but I lived in Perth (Near Mandurah) for over a year a few years ago and am due to move back soon with my partner subject to 457 business visa success soon.

Thought I would say Hi to All

Cheers

Jo
Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:04 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi - moving to perth asap

Originally Posted by jossy
Hiya

I am about to post a couple of queries, but I lived in Perth (Near Mandurah) for over a year a few years ago and am due to move back soon with my partner subject to 457 business visa success soon.

Cheers

Jo
Welcome to the madhouse Jo.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice

Cheers matey, its going to be pretty mad if they want me out in a month, with nothing prepared this end and no where to go, my partner has never been before so hould be fun

Thanks for replying
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:44 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Hiya

Cheers

Jo
Welcome to the forum Jo.
Hope you find the answers you're looking for.
It'd be interesting to know how you find it, coming back to Aus.

See you around.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Cheers

Jo

Hiya - we're off to Perth next week too, it's a popular place
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

loveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant future

Hiya

Cheers

Jo
Hey Jo!
What made you decide on Perth 2nd time round? im deliberating whether to go there or Melbourne.......any tips? spencer
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loveklein
Hey Jo!
What made you decide on Perth 2nd time round? im deliberating whether to go there or Melbourne.......any tips? spencer
Hi Spencer, thanks for the post.

I loved Perth the first time around and I guess found it the most different to here.

I have been to Melbourne and found it quite European I guess. I have had loads of European holidays and can go anywhere for a coffee shop and fry up but once I lived in perth I loved the people the community aptmosphere and the beaches and the summer weather (I like it quite hot in summer). I also loved the fishing al along the coast, the city not too big not too small... Just generally the whole place, including the quiet areas, had enough of that rat race here, (I did 55000 miles last year for work driving in amongst meetings and hotels and conferences) and lived in Golden Bay and it felt right.

I guess all in all it depends what you want, Melbourne to me was green and quite wet like UK, Perth I found more arid, I love camping in the bush, fishing up North in the heat etc..

I found it much easier to meet people in Perth, but don't just go on my say so, I am sure there are people on here who love melbourne and I am sure it is a great place,just not ideally where I want to be I guess.

Hope that helps, good luck with your decision

Have fun wherever you end up

Jo
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 8:50 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

hi Jo, I live in Port Kennedy,-I love Mandurah too.You'll be arriving in time for summer- luvley!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Hi - moving to perth asap

Originally Posted by squeezzii
hi Jo, I live in Port Kennedy,-I love Mandurah too.You'll be arriving in time for summer- luvley!
Oh yes most definately, I know Port Kenedy, I have my final interview tomorrow on video conference and then as its with a big company who normally sponsor the 457 visa will not take long, they want me on the ground in 4 weeks.

So just right to settle for summer

Especially now the sun has disappeared here and has been real wet and grey again for 2 weeks

Thanks for the response, maybe catch up with anyone in the Mandurah area in a few weeks....will need a good Barbie and a crown lager after this
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

loveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant futureloveklein has a brilliant future

Hi Spencer, thanks for the post.

I loved Perth the first time around and I guess found it the most different to here.

I have been to Melbourne and found it quite European I guess. I have had loads of European holidays and can go anywhere for a coffee shop and fry up but once I lived in perth I loved the people the community aptmosphere and the beaches and the summer weather (I like it quite hot in summer). I also loved the fishing al along the coast, the city not too big not too small... Just generally the whole place, including the quiet areas, had enough of that rat race here, (I did 55000 miles last year for work driving in amongst meetings and hotels and conferences) and lived in Golden Bay and it felt right.

I guess all in all it depends what you want, Melbourne to me was green and quite wet like UK, Perth I found more arid, I love camping in the bush, fishing up North in the heat etc..

I found it much easier to meet people in Perth, but don't just go on my say so, I am sure there are people on here who love melbourne and I am sure it is a great place,just not ideally where I want to be I guess.

Hope that helps, good luck with your decision

Have fun wherever you end up

Jo

Thanks for all your input Jo, best of luck with your move........sounds good... me and the other half just have to come to an agreement, shes more warmed to Melbourne whereas I quite fancy the Perth option - will keep u posted
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:04 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Welcome to BE
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Hi - moving to perth asap

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello

Welcome to BE
Thanks Guys
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Hi - moving to perth asap

Originally Posted by loveklein
Thanks for all your input Jo, best of luck with your move........sounds good... me and the other half just have to come to an agreement, shes more warmed to Melbourne whereas I quite fancy the Perth option - will keep u posted
Yes please, keep me posted, be good to know your decision and why Good Luck