Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi, i`ve just joined

Hi, i`ve just joined

Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

boo2 is on a distinguished road
Default Hi, i`ve just joined

Hi all, my family and myself really want to move to Oz...
but what`s really involved? i mean after employing an agent
to handle the visa side of it,what really happens next?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:04 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Hi, i`ve just joined

Originally posted by boo2

hi Boo2

Have a good read of the FAQ section on the Forum. Its very good and will certainly give you a flavour of what's in store !:scared:

Then be prepared to wait and wait and.........wait and then BOOM !!:scared: :scared: It all happens at once and before you know it you are going !!

Good luck with the emotional journey !! You'll discover things about yourself and the family you never knew..........oh and by the way, you'll probably get addicted to this site !!

Best wishes

Warren (and Jill) aka The Banana's !!
Perth 2004.....Twice !! :scared:

Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:08 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
hi Boo2

Have a good read of the FAQ section on the Forum. Its very good and will certainly give you a flavour of what's in store !:scared:

Then be prepared to wait and wait and.........wait and then BOOM !!:scared: :scared: It all happens at once and before you know it you are going !!

Good luck with the emotional journey !! You'll discover things about yourself and the family you never knew..........oh and by the way, you'll probably get addicted to this site !!

Best wishes

Warren (and Jill) aka The Banana's !!
Perth 2004.....Twice !! :scared:
...you forget to mention about all the money boo will need. It gets expensive, especially with a family in tow.

welcome to the house of fun, (dar dar dar dar dar) boo.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

thanx for that,i`ll check the link.....
as for the money,what are we looking at? GULP
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:16 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

thanx for that,i`ll check the link.....
as for the money,what are we looking at? GULP

Hi there - it depends on your visa type, if you need skills assessing and if there are any 'unusual' aspects to it!! There are a couple of good agents who write on here, otherwise do a search and you'll find lots of threads with recommendation on them

I think most decent agents (go with a MARA registered agent) should be able to give you a ball park figure up front if not a total costing.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the forum and good luck with your plans.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Boo2

Just one word of warning, this site becomes very, very addictive, but on the positive side anything you need to know will be answered here, everyone (well almost everyone) has been a great help to me and mine, I don't know how I wouold have got on without them.

Welcome and good luck

Lindsey
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

thanx to all for the responses and good luck mlbonner!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:33 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

thanx to all for the responses and good luck mlbonner!!!!!!!!!

Thanks - 7 days left at work... get scarily close now
Old Jul 7th 2004, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know what way your planning to emigrate, I mean, what type of visa?

Have you looked at the www.immi.gov.au site and researched what visa you are applicable for?

If cost is an issue, and you're well qualified, you don't necessarily need to use an agent (the agent is one of the biggest expenses).

Let us know how you get on,

Cheers,
JTL