Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi everyone ! New CAREER NEEDED !

Hi everyone ! New CAREER NEEDED !

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:26 am
Just Joined

SPLINTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone ! New CAREER NEEDED !

Hello everyone ,My wife and I just got our Visas (Sponsored subclass 138) granted yesterday ! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! more beer ?? ....Yes please !!
We are looking forward to jetting of to Perth In August or September .
I have been sitting on the fence now for a few months reading all your wonderful posts and secretly biting my lip in anticpation upon the arrival of that magical email from our solictor ,whilst enjoying seeing the numerous posts from other successful applicants sharing their wonderful news with you all .
I now feel the time is right to pose my own question to all you vets . How easy is it to start a new career down under ?. I am 33 and have worked in a factory for 12 long years , I don't want to do that anymore . I think learning a trade is the most viable and rewarding option but I don't know where to start . I would be delighted if any of you could throw me a few links or even some helpful advice . I am not afraid of hard work so I know I will succeed in whatever I choose to do .I look forward to hearing your words of wisdom .
Regards Splinter
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:37 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone ! New CAREER NEEDED !

Sorry can't help at all with the career's advice but I can congratulate you on getting the visa.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks Lor
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:43 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the visa
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks Clippies
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:41 am
Just Joined

leesuewright is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi .
My advice if you are planning to come to queensland is get involved in civil engineering , road building , bridge building etc .Also huge cash to be made in the mInes Noth Queensland but a bit rough . They are crying out for people.
Be aware though certain certificates are not recognised by auzy Trades so check before you do any uk courses !!!!

Lee
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi congratulations on the visa. Great feeling. Good luck with the decison.

Donna
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hello and welcome. As others have said I can not offer any advice, but would just like to congratulation you all on receiving your visas. Best of luck for the future whatever you decide.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:17 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 36 and reskilled completely from a mainly office based job to a Sports & Remedial Massage Therapist. Now I while away my hours in a gym dynamic environment and enjoy what I do, rather than being glum at the prospect of another Monday morning and the week ahead of long hours.

Money isnt everything and the life balance is what many of us move for. Think about what career you would really like to do and simply go for it. Since your migrating anyway and changing your whole life the possibilities are endless.

TAFE, Uni's and other training organisations are simply gagging to get you on board. So I guess the only hard part is deciding what career you want to follow.

It can be done. The trick is to have determination and courage enough to move from everything you have known and make it work for you.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:36 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

i think you will find that there are quite a few of us on here thinking along the same lines. i have been plastering my A** off for a lot longer than i want to think about.
As centurion said there are loads of opportunities available from what i can see to retrain in something different and i for one will deffinately be looking into this even more and hopefully have the bottle and the funds to give it a go, the worst that can happen is you feel that what you tried is not for you and go back to what you know.

have a look here

http://www.nswgrouptraining.com.au/p3_Introduction.html

http://www.mbav.com.au/vpLink.aspx?ID=000000004600

Originally Posted by SPLINTER
Hello everyone ,My wife and I just got our Visas (Sponsored subclass 138) granted yesterday ! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! more beer ?? ....Yes please !!
We are looking forward to jetting of to Perth In August or September .
I have been sitting on the fence now for a few months reading all your wonderful posts and secretly biting my lip in anticpation upon the arrival of that magical email from our solictor ,whilst enjoying seeing the numerous posts from other successful applicants sharing their wonderful news with you all .
I now feel the time is right to pose my own question to all you vets . How easy is it to start a new career down under ?. I am 33 and have worked in a factory for 12 long years , I don't want to do that anymore . I think learning a trade is the most viable and rewarding option but I don't know where to start . I would be delighted if any of you could throw me a few links or even some helpful advice . I am not afraid of hard work so I know I will succeed in whatever I choose to do .I look forward to hearing your words of wisdom .
Regards Splinter
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Guys for your well done messages, and big thanks to Centurion and Glesga for reassuring me that it is possible to try something different . I was pretty sure that there must be somebody out there in the same situation as myself . I will check out TAFE courses in WA , and then try to decide which career to pursue . (Decisions, Decisions)
Thanks again for the well wishes and the great advice