Hi Everyone

Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Northern Ireland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Everyone

Hi Guys, Im from (rainy) belfast and my wife my two kids and little old me are hoping to emigrate to oz in the near future.
I've taken and passed two welding courses and i'm looking for an employer to sponsor me for a couple of years to gain as much experience as possible in the welding/fabrication industry. I had a guy in Picton who was willing to take me on but due to the economic downturn he had to reverse that decision, even though he has said he'll keep me in mind when things eventually pick up again i don't want to wait around too long because he might never get back to me.
My wife and i have been staying up late at nights and phoning around different companies as well as checking various job sites but with no luck yet.
So if anyone can help or has any ideas at all we would love to hear from you, please post a new thread.

Thanx
Rab
Old Jul 5th 2009, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Hi Everyone

[QUOTE=Northern Ireland;7724131]Hi Guys, Im from (rainy) belfast and my wife my two kids and little old me are hoping to emigrate to oz in the near future.
I've taken and passed two welding courses and i'm looking for an employer to sponsor me for a couple of years to gain as much experience as possible in the welding/fabrication industry. I had a guy in Picton who was willing to take me on but due to the economic downturn he had to reverse that decision, even though he has said he'll keep me in mind when things eventually pick up again i don't want to wait around too long because he might never get back to me.
My wife and i have been staying up late at nights and phoning around different companies as well as checking various job sites but with no luck yet.
So if anyone can help or has any ideas at all we would love to hear from you, please post a new thread.

Thanx

not sure i can help, but just want to say hi! we are from northern ireland as well. moved over end of march this year and we're loving it

good luck
Old Jul 5th 2009, 1:01 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Northern Ireland
Hi Guys, Im from (rainy) belfast and my wife my two kids and little old me are hoping to emigrate to oz in the near future.

Thanx
Rab
Welcome to the site Rab and I'm sure you'll get a few helpful replies.

I was wondering have you thought about coming here on a skilled visa? I'm not sure if your skill is on the list of skilled jobs required however if it is have you thought about this route as it would be better to come under your own steam as you would be a perm resident from day one and would not be relient on an employer if a job doesn't work out.

The employer sponsored visa is notoriously hard for various reasons including being tied to that employer and not being entitled to some of the things perm residents are entitled to. Also given unemployment is higher unless you have a really skilled job I would think you would be hard pressed to convince an employer to take you on. Not trying to put a dampener on things, far from it. I'm saying maybe plan ahead to gain whatever you need to come on your own merit. Alternatively, keep ringing around and maybe you'll strike lucky. Either way you have two options there

Good luck mate
Old Jul 5th 2009, 1:48 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx
Rab
Also from NI and at present, still stuck here, so thought I'd also say hi! Welcome to BE, anything we can do just give us a shout! Jen
Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:23 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rab,

I can't help with your questions but just wanted to stop by and welcome you to BE. I hope you enjoy using the forum and other sections of the site.

Regards

Sue
Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Hey mate there is a Fabrication company up in Muswellbrook (just North of The Hunter Valley) might be worth a try, I had a friend offered Sponsorship there a few years ago but he preferred to live closer to the City so he declined it... Not sure what they are called but Muswellbrook aint that big and you could try google.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Thanx Horse, really appreciate you taking the time to get back to me. I'll give it a try and let you know how i get on.
Thanx Again
Old Jul 5th 2009, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Also from NI and at present, still stuck here, so thought I'd also say hi! Welcome to BE, anything we can do just give us a shout! Jen
Hi Jen its nice to know someone else is in the same situation lol, thanx for the welcome.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 9:36 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jen its nice to know someone else is in the same situation lol, thanx for the welcome.
Not a problem Rab....so far so good today, it's not lashing, WOO HOO
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Welcome to the site Rab and I'm sure you'll get a few helpful replies.

I was wondering have you thought about coming here on a skilled visa? I'm not sure if your skill is on the list of skilled jobs required however if it is have you thought about this route as it would be better to come under your own steam as you would be a perm resident from day one and would not be relient on an employer if a job doesn't work out.

The employer sponsored visa is notoriously hard for various reasons including being tied to that employer and not being entitled to some of the things perm residents are entitled to. Also given unemployment is higher unless you have a really skilled job I would think you would be hard pressed to convince an employer to take you on. Not trying to put a dampener on things, far from it. I'm saying maybe plan ahead to gain whatever you need to come on your own merit. Alternatively, keep ringing around and maybe you'll strike lucky. Either way you have two options there

Good luck mate
Hi there, thanx for the reply and your suggestions. Its great that people take the time to get back to you and try to help out.
I need at least 1 years exp in my occupation (welding), at the moment i've only just finished my courses so i was hoping to do at least 2 yrs training in oz with a view to perm employment.
I know what your saying about the 457 sponsorship visa and your totally right but at the moment its the only option open to us so i think im just gonna have to grit my teeth, get on with it and hope for the best.
Thanx for you support again mate. :-)
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi Rab,

I can't help with your questions but just wanted to stop by and welcome you to BE. I hope you enjoy using the forum and other sections of the site.

Regards

Sue
Thanks for the welcome, cant believe how nice people are on this site.
Thanks again :-)
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:36 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=camacazi;7724300]

Thanx

not sure i can help, but just want to say hi! we are from northern ireland as well. moved over end of march this year and we're loving it

good luck
Hi, how are you getting on? Wish we were in your position right now, this place really gets you down.
My family and i were on holiday in a place called Thirlmere last year and we couldn't believe how nice people are and how much better life can be over there, its the ideal place to bring our kids up and we can't wait to get back out there again. It just seems to be taking an age........ :-)
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:59 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Northern Ireland: if your case is fairly straight-forward then I wouldn't bother getting an agent, I considered one at the beginning, but then found this site and am glad I didn't throw away the hundreds of pounds they were quoting me! For more 'specific' immigration questions and help the 'immi' section of this site http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32 is brilliant! There you can either start a thread of your own, (but make sure the title is quite specific rather than the general annoying titles people think of like 'HELP!' and stuff) or go to the search tab above and go advanced and search there for key words! It's excellent.

On the other hand, if there are things that u feel may hinder or slow down your visa process, then getting an agent might be better for you as a family. There are quite a few agents who frequent the site, offering advice, when they can. George Lombard gets a very good name, and even though he's based in Sydney, he's only an email/phonecall away and is very very respected and experienced in the immigration field!

Anyhoo, I'll 'shut me gub' now and leave u in peace, anything else you need, just ask and I'm sure someone will help if they can!

Jen
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:07 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, thanx for the reply and your suggestions. Its great that people take the time to get back to you and try to help out.
I need at least 1 years exp in my occupation (welding), at the moment i've only just finished my courses so i was hoping to do at least 2 yrs training in oz with a view to perm employment.
I know what your saying about the 457 sponsorship visa and your totally right but at the moment its the only option open to us so i think im just gonna have to grit my teeth, get on with it and hope for the best.
Thanx for you support again mate. :-)
Sounds like you've thought it all through mate. Good luck in your new journey, determination will get you there
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Northern Ireland: if your case is fairly straight-forward then I wouldn't bother getting an agent, I considered one at the beginning, but then found this site and am glad I didn't throw away the hundreds of pounds they were quoting me! For more 'specific' immigration questions and help the 'immi' section of this site http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32 is brilliant! There you can either start a thread of your own, (but make sure the title is quite specific rather than the general annoying titles people think of like 'HELP!' and stuff) or go to the search tab above and go advanced and search there for key words! It's excellent.

On the other hand, if there are things that u feel may hinder or slow down your visa process, then getting an agent might be better for you as a family. There are quite a few agents who frequent the site, offering advice, when they can. George Lombard gets a very good name, and even though he's based in Sydney, he's only an email/phonecall away and is very very respected and experienced in the immigration field!

Anyhoo, I'll 'shut me gub' now and leave u in peace, anything else you need, just ask and I'm sure someone will help if they can!

Jen
Thanx Jen you've been brilliant, would you mind if i pick your brains in the future if i need to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.